RPI Engineers 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Engineers 2017-2018

What if we earned a point. That would be pretty cool. Despite falling out of the top 8 in the actual real standings, we currently hold a 0.03 point lead over Yale and maintain our grip on the playoffs (yeah, no, 0.03 is a tie that could be a little bigger or smaller in subsequent runs). We've had a tough schedule lately, so coming out with nothing wasn't fatal, but we must be better this weekend. The total possible swing in our playoff chances is nearly 66%. If we lose even one of the games, we'll slip even further down the standings, and losing two would be a disaster. Further, it looks like 16 points will no longer be good enough; we need 17 or 18.

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 55.10 (0.3806)

MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 16.63 / 17 / 16 / 10 - 26
    Rank - 8.48 / 8 / 8 / 4 - 12
    Playoffs - 53.8%
    Most likely opponent - at Colgate (29.6%)

Conference Rankings:
    1. Colgate
    2. Clarkson
    3. SLU
    4. Cornell
      —————
    5. Quinnipiac
    6. Princeton
    7. Harvard
    8. RPI
      —————
      —————
    9. Yale
    10. Union
    11. Dartmouth
    12. Brown

This Weekend's Implications:
    Code:
    Record|Playoffs
    ---------------
     2-0-0|   77.4%
     1-0-1|   64.2%
     1-1-0|   46.2%   
     0-0-2|   45.7%
     0-1-1|   26.3%
     0-2-0|   11.6%
    RPI Points vs. Position:
    Code:
       |     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10    11    12
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10 |                                                         0.1   0.2   0.0
    11 |                                                         0.3   0.4      
    12 |                                             0.0   0.1   2.1   0.7      
    13 |                                             0.0   0.7   3.6   0.4      
    14 |                                             0.7   4.5   5.0   0.1      
    15 |                                       0.0   2.4   6.7   3.2   0.0      
    16 |                                       0.1   7.5   8.5   1.4   0.0      
    17 |                                 0.0   0.4   9.6   5.0   0.3            
    18 |                                 0.0   1.9  10.7   2.3   0.0            
    19 |                           0.0   0.3   2.8   5.9   0.5   0.0            
    20 |                           0.0   0.9   3.3   2.4   0.1                  
    21 |                           0.0   1.0   1.4   0.4   0.0                  
    22 |                           0.1   0.9   0.4   0.0   0.0                  
    23 |                     0.0   0.1   0.3   0.0   0.0                        
    24 |                     0.0   0.0   0.1   0.0                              
    25 |                     0.0   0.0   0.0                                    
    26 |                     0.0   0.0   0.0
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      What if we earned a point. That would be pretty cool. Despite falling out of the top 8 in the actual real standings, we currently hold a 0.03 point lead over Yale and maintain our grip on the playoffs (yeah, no, 0.03 is a tie that could be a little bigger or smaller in subsequent runs). We've had a tough schedule lately, so coming out with nothing wasn't fatal, but we must be better this weekend. The total possible swing in our playoff chances is nearly 66%. If we lose even one of the games, we'll slip even further down the standings, and losing two would be a disaster. Further, it looks like 16 points will no longer be good enough; we need 17 or 18.

Points - 16.63 / 17 / 16 / 10 - 26
      Rank - 8.48 / 8 / 8 / 4 - 12
      Playoffs - 53.8%
      Most likely opponent - at Colgate (29.6%)

Conference Rankings:
      1. Colgate
      2. Clarkson
      3. SLU
      4. Cornell
        —————
      5. Quinnipiac
      6. Princeton
      7. Harvard
      8. RPI
        —————
        —————
      9. Yale
      10. Union
      11. Dartmouth
      12. Brown

This Weekend's Implications:
      Code:
      Record|Playoffs
      ---------------
       2-0-0|   77.4%
       1-0-1|   64.2%
       1-1-0|   46.2%   
       0-0-2|   45.7%
       0-1-1|   26.3%
       0-2-0|   11.6%
      | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

With everyone making the playoffs, I'd say the chances of them making it are 100%. . Or is this the chances of a home series?
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        With everyone making the playoffs, I'd say the chances of them making it are 100%. . Or is this the chances of a home series?
        You're in the women's thread...
        RPI Pep Band
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          You're in the women's thread...
          Whoops, I just pulled a Ralph Baer....
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            Whoops, I just pulled a Ralph Baer....
            If you are interested in Men's projections, the most recent post is here.
            RPI Pep Band
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

10 Former ECAC Players Named NWHL All-Stars..... Jordan Smelker (RPI), Alexa Gruschow (RPI)......http://www.ecachockey.com/women/alum..._All_Star_Game
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Critical weekend for both RPI and Union with respect to playoff hopes. A sweep by either team would be huge. Based on recent performance it looks like Union has an edge in offensive talent and RPI an edge in goaltending. A split would be a safe call. I can't see RPI sweeping unless Selander is outstanding or gets a lot more help from RPI goal production than what we have seen recently.

Comment

I hadn't checked in a couple of weeks, but the first incoming player is now in the directory:

Delaney Weiss
                  FR,
                  Biomedical Engineering
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I had a bad feeling about this game even before watching it. Evenly played game, but I have to admit that Union looks like the better team right now. The only time that RPI looked dangerous was when they were short-handed....not sure what that says about the team.

As someone who has watched these two teams over many years, I find it striking how much the character of the teams have reversed this year. It used to be that RPI was a very free-wheeling, fast and creative team that often came up short even when they controlled the play, while Union relied on goaltending and defence and looked like their objective was to try to win 1-0. This year, the roles seem reversed: Union is a better skating team than RPI and more dangerous offensively, while RPI looks slow, cautious and overly dependent on their goalie to bail them out.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                      Critical weekend for both RPI and Union with respect to playoff hopes. A sweep by either team would be huge. Based on recent performance it looks like Union has an edge in offensive talent and RPI an edge in goaltending. A split would be a safe call. I can't see RPI sweeping unless Selander is outstanding or gets a lot more help from RPI goal production than what we have seen recently.
                      A split it was, with each team coming away with a 2-1 win. Unfortunately Yale came up with 4 pts on the weekend and Harvard got 2, so playoff hopes for both RPI and Union became more challenging. With 6 games left RPI is 3 pts behind Harvard and Princeton and 4 pts behind Yale. Union is 4 and 5 pts back. RPI still have a game to play against each of Princeton and Harvard and will have to come up with wins in those games and hope that travel partner Union does also. RPI and Union should be each others' biggest fans from this point on, but maybe that's asking a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                        I had a bad feeling about this game even before watching it. Evenly played game, but I have to admit that Union looks like the better team right now. The only time that RPI looked dangerous was when they were short-handed....not sure what that says about the team.

As someone who has watched these two teams over many years, I find it striking how much the character of the teams have reversed this year. It used to be that RPI was a very free-wheeling, fast and creative team that often came up short even when they controlled the play, while Union relied on goaltending and defence and looked like their objective was to try to win 1-0. This year, the roles seem reversed: Union is a better skating team than RPI and more dangerous offensively, while RPI looks slow, cautious and overly dependent on their goalie to bail them out.
                        You really felt, saw and believe that RPI used to be a free wheeling team?

Comment

highlights
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjdP...ature=youtu.be
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            You really felt, saw and believe that RPI used to be a free wheeling team?
                            Glad you said it first. Don't think they were ever anything of that nature. Don't think John knew how to instill that type of attitude (or much of anything else positive) into the mindset of his players. His teams every year were boring and without much personality (I almost said lifeless), just like him. Coincidence?! I don't think so.
                            Last edited by shelfit; 01-28-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

We kind of blew it. Not only did we not pull the 3-4 points that we really needed to stay viable for the playoffs, but Yale was able to earn 4 points and really bury us. Buuuut, we're at home this weekend, so let's shock the world and pull down the four points against Princeton and Quinnipiac. That wouldn't guarantee us a playoff spot, but it would almost definitely push us back into the top 8. We will need at least 3 wins in our last 6 games, but I believe in us.

Points - 16.63 / 16 / 16 / 12 - 24
                              Rank - 8.88 / 9 / 9 / 5 - 11
                              Playoffs - 26.6%
                              Most likely opponent - at Clarkson (15.0%)

Conference Rankings:
                              1. Clarkson
                              2. Colgate
                              3. Cornell
                              4. SLU
                                —————
                              5. Quinnipiac
                              6. Princeton
                              7. Harvard
                              8. Yale
                                —————
                                —————
                              9. RPI
                              10. Union
                              11. Dartmouth
                              12. Brown

This Weekend's Playoff Implications:
                              Code:
                                     |    Pr     |
                              _______| W | T | L |
                              |  | W |70%|49%|33%|
                              |Qu| T |52%|33%|17%|
                              |  | L |36%|17%| 8%|
                              RPI Points vs. Position:
                              Code:
                                 |     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10    11    12
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              12 |                                                   0.2   2.0   0.6     
                              13 |                                                   0.7   3.5   0.2     
                              14 |                                                   6.3   8.1   0.1     
                              15 |                                             0.0   8.5   6.2   0.0     
                              16 |                                       0.1   2.3  16.1   3.8   0.0     
                              17 |                                 0.0   0.4   3.9  10.1   1.0           
                              18 |                                 0.0   2.4   6.6   4.9   0.1           
                              19 |                           0.0   0.3   2.5   2.8   0.9   0.0           
                              20 |                           0.0   0.8   2.1   0.8   0.1                 
                              21 |                           0.0   0.6   0.5   0.1   0.0                 
                              22 |                           0.0   0.3   0.1   0.0                       
                              23 |                           0.0   0.0   0.0                             
                              24 |                           0.0   0.0
                              RPI Pep Band
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Hey Lugnut92, just a question for you based on geography, (your profile has you in New Haven) have you heard any rumblings about Sacred Heart joining a league and shedding the independent status? The CHA seems a viable option. With the consortium breaking down and Holy Cross joining Hockey East scheduling games may be a challenge for SHU. I know the program is kind of the step-child of D1 but all indications are that they are recruiting better players and hope to be more competitive next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X