RPI Engineers 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Engineers 2017-2018

Summertime...and a time to look forward to a new season for the Engineers. I will post some comments soon on the freshman class and the prospects for this winter. In the meantime...any comments from others on where this team goes from here?

Re: RPI Engineers 2017-2018

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          RPI AD Lee McElroy said he was busy with men's hockey search, which is partially why this decision was so late in the process. Senseless...
          Out here in the Midwest they call this "singletasking".
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Out here in the Midwest they call this "singletasking".
            Call it what you want, not sure why considered senseless. More to this story?

Comment

Weird timing for this decision for sure and a pretty lame reason from the AD. I felt JB should have been fired at the same time as the men's coach was. In my opinion that would have sent a stronger message of "We are committed to making both hockey programs better." Instead this sends the message of "Men's hockey is more important and the women's team can get by next year with just an interim coach instead of us doing a national search at the right time of the year like we did with the men's position." So which assistant coach do you think they'll name as interim? No matter what I hope they'll name someone with an actual personality and who is not afraid of making the right hockey decisions on a moment's notice instead of waiting forever to make changes and adjustments to try to improve things along the way.

Comment

Official announcement of Coach Burke being relieved of his duties http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...spx?path=whock
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here's the link to the announcement on RPI's web site:

http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...spx?path=whock

Comment

Sam Blum's article in the Record:
                    http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...t-does-it-mean
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                      Weird timing for this decision for sure and a pretty lame reason from the AD. I felt JB should have been fired at the same time as the men's coach was. In my opinion that would have sent a stronger message of "We are committed to making both hockey programs better." Instead this sends the message of "Men's hockey is more important and the women's team can get by next year with just an interim coach instead of us doing a national search at the right time of the year like we did with the men's position." So which assistant coach do you think they'll name as interim? No matter what I hope they'll name someone with an actual personality and who is not afraid of making the right hockey decisions on a moment's notice instead of waiting forever to make changes and adjustments to try to improve things along the way.
                      Think there is more to the story? If you look at the SA's record and JB's not much difference.

Comment

The AD seems like he's very full of it. What a great guy to work for! Lol. I stand by my previous post in how the men's team is obviously treated with more importance than the women's team therefore inequitable treatment of the women's team by the AD himself.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          The AD seems like he's very full of it. What a great guy to work for! Lol. I stand by my previous post in how the men's team is obviously treated with more importance than the women's team therefore inequitable treatment of the women's team by the AD himself.
                          Probably more than just importance.

Comment

Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
                            Probably more than just importance.
                            I am not convinced that the RPI administration regards either hockey team as important.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am not convinced that the RPI administration regards either hockey team as important.
                              There is a lot of wisdom here folks. As someone who has followed the RPI women's team as closely, or more closely, than anyone else over the last dozen years, and listening to RB who has surely followed the men's team more closely than anyone else, I have to say that all of those who called for Seth Appert's head and for John Burke's head, may need to look a little deeper if they want to see a return to the days when "RPI" was equated with hockey excellence. Reading the comments of the AD on the lame justifications for firing Burke really cause me to doubt whether the admin is committed to hockey excellence.

Two things are clear: 1) we need to thank John Burke for his tremendous dedication to this program and wish him all the best in his future endeavours...a real class act who was respected by the young women who played for him; 2) we need to turn the page now and hope that RPI finds a positive path forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X