Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Correct.

I can still hear my mother saying "That's the problem with American schools. They don't require eight years of Latin."

As you know, I use my actual name as a username here. That is because I was quite naïve about 20 years ago. When I joined the Clarkson and Cornell boards, I decided to use Ursaminor, the name of the constellation which I thought meant little bear, and it would refer to my height and my name. Although I should have known that Ursa is a female bear and Ursus a male bear, by comparing to Alumna and Alumnus, it did not cross my mind. It's real hard to tell male from female from about a half-dozen stars. Someone on the Cornell board informed me and it was changed. It was finally also changed on the Clarkson board quite recently.

Addendum: Someone else once told me that Minor actually means lesser in importance as opposed to small.
    Don't worry, you're never going to be lesser in importance to us, Ralph!

Comment

• Re: RPI Engineers 2017-2018

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to 2019 recruit Amanda Rampado. There will be a 3-game series vs. the US 8/16-8/19.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-13-2018, 05:24 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Congrats to 2019 recruit Amanda Rampado. There will be a 3-game series vs. the US 8/16-8/19.

I think this may the first time that the Engineers have recruited someone who made the Canadian or US U-18 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
            I think this may the first time that the Engineers have recruited someone who made the Canadian or US U-18 teams.
            I think that you are correct. Considering that she is probably going to replace Selander, we may need someone at that level.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think that you are correct. Considering that she is probably going to replace Selander, we may need someone at that level.
              Hopefully, she is on that level. Does seem to be on the small side of things for a goalie.

Comment

FWIW, the 2nd game is going on now https://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-c...ry?gameid=2297. Rampado is not in goal and she wasn't in the first game either. https://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-c...ry?gameid=2297
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
                  Hopefully, she is on that level. Does seem to be on the small side of things for a goalie.
                  Yes, time will tell. Size is important for a goalie, but not everything. Her record in the development camp games was not great. It will be VERY difficult to replace Selander, but I am pretty happy with this recruit, and optimistic about what she will bring to the team. But RPI really needs to find a way to recruit skaters who have the potential to make the U-18 teams. That is what turned around the Cornell and Colgate teams.

Comment

Since the other two goalies played the first two games for Team Canada U18, Rampado could play today (or maybe not). The game will be at 3 PM EDT according to this https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/942797. There is a link there to a Hockey Canada live stream. I am going to miss all but perhaps the first period.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Since the other two goalies played the first two games for Team Canada U18, Rampado could play today (or maybe not). The game will be at 3 PM EDT according to this https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/942797. There is a link there to a Hockey Canada live stream. I am going to miss all but perhaps the first period.
                      Amanda Rampado is indeed in goal. Hopefully someone is watching and will report as I am going out in a few minutes, and anyway probably because the laptop which I use when traveling has MS Vista on it, the video doesn't seem to be working. It should show up here.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Amanda Rampado is indeed in goal. Hopefully someone is watching and will report as I am going out in a few minutes, and anyway probably because the laptop which I use when traveling has MS Vista on it, the video doesn't seem to be working. It should show up here.
                        Canada won 5-4 in OT. AR saved 20 of 24 shots in 65 minutes. Not sure how they got 65 minutes since the goal was at 1:43 of OT. Perhaps they were using metric minutes. https://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-c...ry?gameid=2298
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-19-2018, 05:56 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Canada won 5-4 in OT. AR saved 20 of 24 shots in 65 minutes. Not sure how they got 65 minutes since the goal was at 1:43 of OT. Perhaps they were using metric minutes. https://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-c...ry?gameid=2298
                          Thanks for alerting me to this game Ralph. Watched the whole thing. Rampado looked good. Strong first period. US did not put her under a lot of pressure for most of the game. 4 goals on 24 shots may not look great but I think we have our #1 goalie post-Selander. If anyone wants to watch the tape I can provide clock times for her goals against and big saves. Hope she will develop further over the next year.

Goaltending has seldom been a weak spot for the Engineers and looks like that tradition will continue. But watching this game makes me wish we could recruit some of the great skaters from either of these two teams.
                          Last edited by hab; 08-19-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the write-up, hab. Good to hear that AR looked good despite the 4 goals.

DrD, probably saw this article on the daughter of RPI's all-time leading scorer and RPI Athletic HOF member Cindy Acropolis:

Edit: If I read the small print correctly, she was the first girl to score a goal for the Boy's varsity hockey team since her mother in 1996.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-20-2018, 05:59 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks for the write-up, hab. Good to hear that AR looked good despite the 4 goals.

DrD, probably saw this article on the daughter of RPI's all-time leading scorer and RPI Athletic HOF member Cindy Acropolis:

Edit: If I read the small print correctly, she was the first girl to score a goal for the Boy's varsity hockey team since her mother in 1996.
                              Just a chip off the beautiful mother's block!! For those who never saw her mother play at RPI, Cindy was an absolu8te force. Her scoring records may never be approached. Did have a wee bit of a temper to go along with all that talent though (check out her penalty minute totals). I for one, would love to see her daughter playing in Troy in a few years.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post

I forgot all about this. LS did not make the team. There were four goalies in the camp and two were selected. One-time RPI recruit Ebba Berglund was on the team http://www.swehockey.se/Landslag/Dam...gust23-252018/. I guess that she was a bigger loss that I thought earlier.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X