Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Engineers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Does anyone know why Amanda Kimmerle in the front row is wearing a Sioux sweatshirt? (I think that is AK.) She is not from North Dakota.
    Solidarity over their program being dropped? Sort of like how I carried "Puck Fortera" in my signature a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Solidarity over their program being dropped? Sort of like how I carried "Puck Fortera" in my signature a few years back.
      I had forgotten that they dropped the program.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From the directory

Emily King
          Chemical Engineering

She was supposed to be a 2019 recruit but since she is turning 18 in October, she could be for this fall. She could have been in the directory for a while because I did not check on 2019 recruits recently.

Edit:
          She is listed as an 11th grader. https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/ros...bseason=420956 Perhaps it is a different Emily King in the directory.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-17-2018, 01:46 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

She looks like she is for 2020 (born in 2002).

Edit:
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-18-2018, 05:08 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

CONGRATS and it would be nice to start building a stronger alumni base

Last edited by giwan; 05-18-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

giwan,

Somehow the version of the tweet sent by the Athletics Department was parsed and this came out:

I always thought that it was our men's hockey players who were eligible for social security soon after graduating.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-18-2018, 01:41 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know if Christie Cicero has left RPI? She is apparently not in the online directory.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                    does anyone know if christie cicero has left rpi? She is apparently not in the online directory.
                    yes

Comment

Lady Wolves hockey player Madisyn Papineau commits to NCAA university
                      Rising star says academics still more important than hockey
                      Benjamin Aubé · CBC News · Posted: May 25, 2018 4:07 AM ET | Last Updated: an hour ago

The Sudbury Lady Wolves are making some noise off the ice.

A handful of players with the girls' midget 'AA' hockey team have announced commitments to join university programs in the coming years.

Among them, Lady Wolves forward Madisyn Papineau has chosen to go the NCAA route, announcing her commitment late last week to join the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) Engineers' Division 1 hockey program.

"Ever since I was little, playing Division 1 [NCAA hockey] was obviously the dream," says Papineau.

At just 16 years of age, Papineau has been offered a scholarship to join RPI in 2020.

And though the sport is close to her heart, Papineau says academics were the most important part of the decision. She's planning on studying biomedical engineering, or a similar field.

She just has to maintain her grades and work on her game with the Lady Wolves until then.

"It just came down to the program is all it was in the end. They had the program I was really interested in. It just felt so right, I could see myself living there," explains Papineau.

Papineau qualifies herself as a playmaking forward. She says she's equally comfortable playing centre or the wing — a coach's dream, some might say.

Her parents, Wendy and Rob, say that versatility and ability to fit into any situation has worked to Madisyn's advantage.

As the general manager of the Ontario Hockey League's Sudbury Wolves, Rob knows the sport and what makes its athletes successful quite well.

"Right from the time Madi's been little, she's been super competitive," notes Rob. "What I love about the girls game is it sort of taught her at a young age how to be goal-oriented.

"I don't know, without the Lady Wolves and Sudbury Girls Hockey, whether she would have had the ability to understand what that even meant. It's just good to see everything that she's always talked about as a young girl growing up happen right in front of you."

Choices on both sides of border

Two of Papineau's Sudbury teammates, Taylor Scott and Mylene Lefebvre, have committed to join U-Sports hockey teams in Canada — Scott with the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees, and Lefebvre with the University of Montreal Carabins.

Papineau also strongly considered the U-Sports option, but felt the NCAA was the right choice for her.

"You have a lot of girls taking the Canadian path and it's just as good as the American [path] now. They have great hockey here as well. Just getting to university is probably the goal for a lot of us," she said.

The Lady Wolves have a competitive girls hockey team from the novice level up to midget.

Papineau credits the program for giving her and her teammates a solid foundation to reach the next level, as well as new postsecondary opportunities.

"I think it's awesome too, we grow up playing together here. In Toronto you're not always, together, you're kind of all over the place, they switch teams so I think that's awesome for us. We've had that chemistry ever since we've been little," she said.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It sounds like Ebba Berglund won't be attending RPI at least this year.

Edit: She signed with Lulea for the next two years, so I guess she won't be going to RPI at all.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-30-2018, 07:26 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working hard in the classroom and in the off season.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

direct link to schedule http://rpiathletics.com/schedule.asp...726&path=whock
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-18-2018, 11:45 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

direct link to schedule http://rpiathletics.com/schedule.asp...726&path=whock
                                MSU, RMU, Holy Cross and PSU,nice non-conference choices. Time to see what a 2nd year will do

Comment

Working...
                                X