Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The housing market can't sustain these prices. We're going to see another housing market correction - hopefully not a collapse.
    Or maybe it should collapse, but this time the government shouldn't bail those out that were driving these insane prices. Just like how the bankers were bailed out in 2008.

Prices are very reasonable in my area. Of course, I don't know if they can get any lower...

Comment

The housing market can't sustain these prices. We're going to see another housing market correction - hopefully not a collapse.
      Going to be interesting. They keep trying to destroy Dodd Frank (the only legislation they passed trying to deal with the result of the collapse in '08) and now we may have another one.

No one went to jail last time.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Going to be interesting. They keep trying to destroy Dodd Frank (the only legislation they passed trying to deal with the result of the collapse in '08) and now we may have another one.

No one went to jail last time.
        Because those throwing fuel on the fire were rewarded, not punished. And how about the repeal of Glass-Steagall? Or the creation of the Federal Reserve, for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Because those throwing fuel on the fire were rewarded, not punished. And how about the repeal of Glass-Steagall? Or the creation of the Federal Reserve, for that matter?
          What would repealing the Federal Reserve do to improve the situation?

Have you forgotten the issue with the LIBOR in the past few years? The Brits busted a series of large financial companies reporting false data to the LIBOR commission for the sole purpose of fixing the reported LIBOR value to be higher than it should have been so they could make more money.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Have you forgotten the issue with the LIBOR in the past few years? The Brits busted a series of large financial companies reporting false data to the LIBOR commission for the sole purpose of fixing the reported LIBOR value to be higher than it should have been so they could make more money.
            Nobody's ever audited the Fed. It needs to be done, just to see where the money is.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Maybe the issue is with all of this centralization. Single point of corruption, single point of failure. And they've gotten so powerful with their debt-based systems that people are assassinated for going against it. I bet a number of those bankers didn't commit suicide willingly.

You took the same arguments we've had about rate manipulations, and just replaced a US system with a UK system. What do these have in common? That's what needs to be fought.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Nobody's ever audited the Fed. It needs to be done, just to see where the money is.
                Stop jumping down the rabbit hole with flaggy. It's not befitting you.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  I bet they'd find so many Benghazis and Arkancides from the Clintons if they did.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Don't you want to know how/what the Fed is doing? "Trust but verify"
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Don't you want to know how/what the Fed is doing? "Trust but verify"
                      The Fed doesn't really operate in secret. You can get the data. It reports its obligations, assets, and operating profits each and every year. Its profits, which the Fed earns solely from the banks, are then turned over the Treasury to help fund the federal government.

And no matter how public the company, nobody will every fully understand the minutia of a corporation. The same for the Fed. The Fed chair doesn't know what Barney Smith in KC does at his desk all day.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        The Fed doesn't really operate in secret. You can get the data. It reports its obligations, assets, and operating profits each and every year. Its profits, which the Fed earns solely from the banks, are then turned over the Treasury to help fund the federal government.

And no matter how public the company, nobody will every fully understand the minutia of a corporation. The same for the Fed. The Fed chair doesn't know what Barney Smith in KC does at his desk all day.
                        Until an outside, independent auditor certifies the books of any public company, the reports on operations should be viewed with skepticism.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Until an outside, independent auditor certifies the books of any public company, the reports on operations should be viewed with skepticism.
                          Don't think it matters to them. They'll believe what they want to believe, and no one can convince them otherwise.

Comment

I agree. Make political campaign financing fully transparent.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Each politician should wear a European style jersey that has the names of every company/person that owns him/her.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Each politician should wear a European style jersey that has the names of every company/person that owns him/her.
                                Is there enough room on the shirt?

Comment

Working...
                                X