Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Flying coach is more than offset by buying an extra seat so no one is next to you.
    Wait, she booked two seats for herself? I completely missed that. -500.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Wait, she booked two seats for herself? I completely missed that. -500.
      Yes, she bought two seats, the flight was overbooked, so they gave the extra seat to a human being and refunded her money. That was the atrocity.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Yes, she bought two seats, the flight was overbooked, so they gave the extra seat to a human being and refunded her money. That was the atrocity.
        Lol
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I thought she booked an economy plus seat (or whatever Delta calls their economy seats with leg room), but was bumped from it. Not that she'd bought a second seat.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            I thought she booked an economy plus seat (or whatever Delta calls their economy seats with leg room), but was bumped from it. Not that she'd bought a second seat.
            That was my understanding too. I also thought she had picked a specific seat and not just a seat in that group. If she did pick a specific seat its pretty messed up they could give her the boot unless there were some serious extenuating circumstances.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Ah. OK, I can see that.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah I'm not so sure now either, it was originally reported over the weekend as a second seat, but that may have been based on someone's misreading of her tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  That was my understanding too. I also thought she had picked a specific seat and not just a seat in that group. If she did pick a specific seat its pretty messed up they could give her the boot unless there were some serious extenuating circumstances.
                  Meh, that happens all the farking time. Until you get your boarding pass, the airlines can do pretty much anything to you.

I think it's hilarious that she claims to have spent an hour picking her seat, and that she claims her time is worth 10 grand an hour.

If you're spending an hour to pick an airline seat, your time definitely is not worth 10-large.

Comment

Meh, that happens all the farking time. Until you get your boarding pass, the airlines can do pretty much anything to you.

I think it's hilarious that she claims to have spent an hour picking her seat, and that she claims her time is worth 10 grand an hour.

If you're spending an hour to pick an airline seat, your time definitely is not worth 10-large.
                    If "your time is worth 10-large" then you're not flying coach. Period.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

After some more research there likely was a legitimate reason they bumped her. I think she did actually have her boarding pass and was in her seat. It sounds like they just bottled the handling of moving her. Why not make up some reason, even if it's bogus? The 'I don't know' routine is very irritating.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Interesting article on UBI.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Honestly, I'm going to take her side here if that's the case. I know they do it all the time, but they shouldn't be able to.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My understanding was that she booked an aisle exit row seat, and was moved to a window exit row seat, so in classic DYKWIA fashion she pitched a fit. She also photographed the passenger who was assigned to sit in "her" seat, and posted it to Twitter without asking the woman's permission, which is a big no-no, and IMO that action should earn her a lifetime ban from the airline. However, because she's a C-list celebrity she'll probably skate.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              My understanding was that she booked an aisle exit row seat, and was moved to a window exit row seat, so in classic DYKWIA fashion she pitched a fit. She also photographed the passenger who was assigned to sit in "her" seat, and posted it to Twitter without asking the woman's permission, which is a big no-no, and IMO that action should earn her a lifetime ban from the airline. However, because she's a C-list celebrity she'll probably skate.
                              Unless the photo defames the woman, violates her right of publicity or invades her privacy, permission is not needed as far as I know. Why is it "a big no-no"?
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Unless the photo defames the woman, violates her right of publicity or invades her privacy, permission is not needed as far as I know. Why is it "a big no-no"?
                                An airplane is not a public space, for one, so you can't claim the first amendment protects your right to photograph there. (If I invite you to come to my government office, that doesn't mean you get to take pictures of the non public portions of it.)

I'm guessing airline rules/contract of carriage likely prohibit unauthorized photography.

Considering the professional troll is essentially using the woman's image for marketing purposes, you could also argue misappropriation if she didn't get the woman's permission.

Comment

Working...
                                X