Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    So I've seen the talking points on the actual GOP proposal released, ...
    Link or it never happened.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Link or it never happened.
      https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/0...publicans.html

Or just go to Google news. It's one of the top stories of the day.

Comment

The fight is 1% ad buys vs the ability to read. Who you got?

We are about to see billions in lying propaganda plus millions more in free media from 1% lapdog outlets, in the service of the 1% stealing trillions.

If Americans are not smart enough to get this shot down then frankly we don't deserve to keep our democracy anyway.

It's going to come down to how stupid the public is.

That is scarier even than Dump.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Kerry's head can go on the stake right between the Koch brothers.
          You forgot George I, Baron of Soros.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

OK, here's the official text: https://www.scribd.com/book/36330606...s-and-Jobs-Act

Time to have some fun with this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              The fight is 1% ad buys vs the ability to read. Who you got?

We are about to see billions in lying propaganda plus millions more in free media from 1% lapdog outlets, in the service of the 1% stealing trillions.

If Americans are not smart enough to get this shot down then frankly we don't deserve to keep our democracy anyway.

It's going to come down to how stupid the public is.

That is scarier even than Dump.
              The things that stand out to me are: repealing the estate tax, eliminating the AMT (though if they really get rid of most deductions, that becomes less necessary anyway), and lowering the corporate rate.

The home building industry will throw a fit, but Fark them anyway.

I'm not saying it's a great plan, but in normal times it wouldn't be horrendous as a starting point for negotiations. Obviously this isn't normal times and there won't be any compromises to get any dems on board.

But I was expecting worse.

Comment

The things that stand out to me are: repealing the estate tax, eliminating the AMT (though if they really get rid of most deductions, that becomes less necessary anyway), and lowering the corporate rate.

The home building industry will throw a fit, but Fark them anyway.

I'm not saying it's a great plan, but in normal times it wouldn't be horrendous as a starting point for negotiations. Obviously this isn't normal times and there won't be any compromises to get any dems on board.

But I was expecting worse.
                Anything cutting the estate tax is a non-starter. My offer, Senator, is nothing.

I would be willing to cut corporate rates in exchange for raising capital gains to the level of earned income and raising the higher income personal tax rates. The people who make the money from corporations should pay taxes. The companies themselves should just be regarded as machines for creating products and jobs.

I would cut taxes on the middle class and raise them on the rich. The Democrats never make the obvious trade-off -- the rich have gotten fat and happy and looted the treasury since 1981, if not 1961.

We gave them a 30- to 50- year loan.

Time to pay it back.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  You forgot George I, Baron of Soros.
                  Isn't he funding Kep? Plus, most of his money goes off shore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    -- the rich have gotten fat and happy and ...
                    Kep, it's you and Dr. Mrs. right? Sounds like two solid earners.

Are you sure you're not ... < dramatic bah-buh-bah music here > ... the rich ...?

How about you and the good missus out of the "pay it back" spirit just 2x what you owe the IRS this year. Or 3x? 5x?

Anybody who makes less than me is destitute.
                    Anybody who makes more than me is rich.

(It's like Carlin's theory of drivers: faster are maniacs, slower are morons.)
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Another lie.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Kep, it's you and Dr. Mrs. right? Sounds like two solid earners.

Are you sure you're not ... < dramatic bah-buh-bah music here > ... the rich ...?

How about you and the good missus out of the "pay it back" spirit just 2x what you owe the IRS this year. Or 3x? 5x?

(It's like Carlin's theory of drivers: faster are maniacs, slower are morons.)
                        Oh, the old "you can voluntarily donate to the federal government in lieu of higher taxes" canard.

Get that weak shiat out of here, meat.

Comment

If you can't refute it claim it's ... "Another lie."

Is that you Donald?
                          When'd you get Scoob's password?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Oh, the old "you can voluntarily donate to the federal government in lieu of higher taxes" canard.

Get that weak shiat out of here, meat.
                            Talk's cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.

If you believe the Feds need more money, quit talkin' and start writing zeros on your check.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

If you believe the Feds need more money, quit talkin' and start writing zeros on your check.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Do you really not understand the fallacy in that argument?

Comment

Working...
                                X