Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    And then what, the poor demand Section 8, and then renters don't want to rent out to a person that isn't section 8 because they don't get the huge kickback from the government?
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to use a Section 8 certificate? Of course you don't, Mr. Libertarian fraud.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
      ...sayeth the single issue abortion voter without a hint of irony.
      For the children is used to win an argument when you can't win by any other means.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        For the children is used to win an argument when you can't win by any other means.
        Oh I know, but it's still ironic as hell to see you say that given that your entire voting history is seemingly based on "think of the children" in the context of abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          She knew this was not going to be a nomination battle she wanted. She was right to stay out of it -- the smearing of liberal economics that would have gone on would have set us back decades.

2020 will be an honest nomination battle and she can either get into it or, better, ordain a successor and support her.
          well mookie was talking about her current job. is being in the senate really that much of a 'do nothing and wait for a promotion' holding pattern? don't they do stuff?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            well mookie was talking about her current job. is being in the senate really that much of a 'do nothing and wait for a promotion' holding pattern? don't they do stuff?
            She works her *** off.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              She works her *** off.
              So did Hillary, to be honest.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Oh I know, but it's still ironic as hell to see you say that given that your entire voting history is seemingly based on "think of the children" in the context of abortion.
                I disagree. Please hear me out.

"Think of the children!" is inane and grating because it is about protecting their pure souls and minds from the terrors of real life: "you can't show boobs on TV -- THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

joe has been trained to believe that we're actually killing the children. In my opinion, his belief does not fall under that rubric. It falls under "everybody except me is a killer because I was taught some guff a few con men in the early part of the 20th century slapped together to get people like me riled up so they could vacuum my wallet and, hey, a hundred years later it's still going strong so P.T. Barnum was right!"
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

She works her *** off.
                  she's on tv a lot.....

still awaiting the reinstatement of glass steagall however

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I disagree. Please hear me out.

"Think of the children!" is inane and grating because it is about protecting their pure souls and minds from the terrors of real life: "you can't show boobs on TV -- THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

joe has been trained to believe that we're actually killing the children. In my opinion, his belief does not fall under that rubric. It falls under "everybody except me is a killer because I was taught some guff a few con men in the early part of the 20th century slapped together to get people like me riled up so they could vacuum my wallet and, hey, a hundred years later it's still going strong so P.T. Barnum was right!"
                    Kep

I was raised and still am a Roman Catholic (big C as opposed to small c) who is faithful to the Magesterium. It is an inconvenient truth that the Catholic faith holds abortion and euthanasia to be anathema. I subscribe to that truth.

The West is headed down a path where the value of a human life is decreasing in value every day. I don't want to get on that slide.

I am opposed to drone warfare. It sanitizes war. War needs to be messy so that we don't grow fond of it. Gulf I was, in some respects, too easy. Gulf II was a bit harder, the aftermath was worse. Good. Maybe we will be more reluctant in the future to commit American lives. Unfortunately we are not reluctant to fly Drones to do our killing. That's neat. That's a video game. And nobody really dies in a video game.

We're a throw away culture that does not build products to last, but to be used for a bit and tossed (or recycled). Why can't we build a 15 year coffee pot instead of a 15 month pot? We're so used to tossing stuff when we don't want it anymore or when it is defective that we've now extended that to human life.

Sorry - that is not a path that I wish to tread. If we meet in the afterlife (and debate on 10 v 20 minute overtimes), we will see which belief was right and then move on to you realizing that Cornell is clothed in the devil's colors while Clarkson is bathed in heavenly green and gold.

PS - I am not opposed to boob on the tube. I am puzzled that making love is looked at in horror while eviscerating another human being is accepted.
                    Last edited by joecct; 11-01-2017, 08:39 AM.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      she's on tv a lot.....

still awaiting the reinstatement of glass steagall however
                      You're not familiar with what a Constitutional Republic is? Or what a Senator can and can't do? Or how much of a ****ing dick Turtle Boy is?
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        you realizing that Cornell is clothed in the devil's colors while Clarkson is bathed in heavenly green and gold.
                        Don't tell anybody this but I actually think this is true. Clarkson's colors are IMHO perfect and I think Vegas should have adopted their sweaters and color scheme and paid a nice honorarium to the student fund.

I was raised Roman Catholic as well. Spoiler alert: it didn't take. I respect Catholic theology far more than the warmed over pablum of Protestant mush and have a feeling that without education I would have been a formidable High Anglican. But, alas, the discoveries and social mores since Giambattista Vico have not eluded me and there's no going back to the contented bovine paradise when the sun shone on Elysian fields out of the good graces of a Man in the Sky.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it's all nonsense. A very useful first step up the ladder from orc to human, but one we have long since left behind.
                        Cornell University

Comment

You're not familiar with what a Constitutional Republic is? Or what a Senator can and can't do? Or how much of a ****ing dick Turtle Boy is?
                          jimmy stewart filibustered until he got what he wanted...

Comment

We're a throw away culture that does not build products to last, but to be used for a bit and tossed (or recycled). Why can't we build a 15 year coffee pot instead of a 15 month pot? We're so used to tossing stuff when we don't want it anymore or when it is defective that we've now extended that to human life.
                            This is the computer industries fault. In Computers (IT, phones, X-Box, etc.) we have built in implied obsolescense. That concept has now been put into Appliances in your home. Why? Cause then you have to buy a new one every 7 years. Why? Cause that's more profit.

Life and the sanctity of life has nothing to do with it. It's the profit motive that is destroying the country. And it's the 1% that is driving the profit motive. It's not about building a good product, making money, and giving a good life to your workers anymore. It's all about stock price and shareholders. Shareholders that don't know anything about a Microwave Oven, or Coffee Pot. All they know about is the balance on a spreadsheet.

Comment

One generates one-time non-recurring revenue. The other generates recurring revenue because you have to buy another one. Which do you think an investor would rather see?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                One generates one-time non-recurring revenue. The other generates recurring revenue because you have to buy another one. Which do you think an investor would rather see?
                                A 15 year coffee pot with a warranty to boot. Make things that last.

(Cue music)
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X