Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    What is your opinion of the tax bill, Sic?
    I'd love to have an opinion. Got a copy I can read?

Last news I heard (admittedly late Friday) was there's vapor-ware and promises for votes, but no hard copy. How do you go to House/Senate conference committee with that.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I am actually a little jealous of people with the power to get their smallest whim gratified in the electoral process while 99% of Americans see their vital needs ignored or even curtailed.
      You never trust a millionaire
      Quoting the Sermon on the Mount
      I used to think I was not like them
      But I'm beginning to have my doubts about it

When you're hiding underground
      The rain can't get you wet
      And do you think your righteousness
      Can pay the interest on your debt
      I have my doubts about it...
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

And Kep, it's not "whataboutism".

It's a sad critique about how little responsibility (fiduciary or other) our members of Congress show when bills are passed without being written or read.

And we minions put up with it.
        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 12-04-2017, 05:09 PM.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          All the Ds read the entire 5000 page Obamacare tome before pushing "Yea".

Allrightythen ...
          It absolutely is whataboutism.

Whether or not they read the healthcare bill is on them. They had the opportunity to read it, amend it and debate it for months prior to voting on it.

Comment

Scoob,

1. Breathe
            2. Read the statement I'm making

Passing a bill without reading it does not meet any plausible standard of "fiduciary responsibility".

3. Think! What I'm saying is ****ing the Rs for even remotely sounding/behaving like Ms. Pelosi's infamous (misquoted) statement.

You're so horribly partisan blind right now you can't see that I ****ed the Rs for passing a vapor-ware bill.

4. You may now re-close your eyes and return to "D good, R bad" < grunt-grunt > mindset and postings.
            You have to be a D for Scooby to listen to you.

Comment

And Kep, it's not "whataboutism".

It's a sad critique about how little responsibility (fiduciary or other) our members of Congress show when bills are passed without being written or read.

And we minions put up with it.
              Answering questions about x by countering with y is the exact definition of "whataboutism." It doesn't matter what the relative merits of x and y are. A person with sound opinions ought to be able to apply them to x without deflection.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                You never trust a millionaire
                Quoting the Sermon on the Mount
                I used to think I was not like them
                But I'm beginning to have my doubts about it

When you're hiding underground
                The rain can't get you wet
                And do you think your righteousness
                Can pay the interest on your debt
                I have my doubts about it...
                And, eventually...

Twas ever thus.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  If you're comparing this to Obamacare then you have it wrong and you live in fantasy land. There's no similarity. At all.
                  Sic apparently forgot that following Obama care, the GOP promised all Americans a three day debate period for *all* legislature.

It was part of their Pledge to America.

They also promised to "pledge to honor families, traditional marriage, life, and the private and faith-based organizations that form the core of our American values."

Wait, maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe the GOP is upholding their "traditional marriage" views with Roy Moore oogling fifteen year olds.
                  Last edited by aparch; 12-04-2017, 10:21 PM.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Sic apparently forgot that following Obama care, the GOP promised all Americans a three day debate period for *all* legislature.

It was part of their Pledge to America.

They also promised to "pledge to honor families, traditional marriage, life, and the private and faith-based organizations that form the core of our American values."

Wait, maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe the GOP is upholding their "traditional marriage" views with Roy Moore oogling fifteen year olds.
                    Last I checked, it was 3 days that it was around.

Also, honoring does not make something dogma that should be worshiped. Even in the Bible, where they talk about "Honour thy father and thy mother", the meaning is to remember that you are not exclusively a product of yourself. It doesn't mean worship them, like some of the more controlling ones would make you to believe.

Also, funny thing about Roy Moore... 71% of Alabamans believe the accusations (although you wouldn't know they're accusations based on some of the pundits here already believing he's guilty without trial) are falsified. And given what the left did to Trump, I can see why.

Comment

I'd love to have an opinion. Got a copy I can read?

Last news I heard (admittedly late Friday) was there's vapor-ware and promises for votes, but no hard copy. How do you go to House/Senate conference committee with that.
                      Here we go: https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/m...Jobs%20Act.pdf

Released on the 20th, passed on the 2nd, that would be 12 days. We'll say 7-8 were business.

BTW, Bloomberg linked it on the 21st. I'd say it was around.

Comment

Passing a bill without reading it does not meet any plausible standard of "fiduciary responsibility".
                        And yet, people do it with EULAs all the time. You know how many times I've been pressured to agree to something without reading it?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          You know how many times I've been pressured to agree to something without reading it?
                          Alex Jones must really be on your case. People think of you as a fool for believing that stuff, but now we now you just don't read it.

Comment

Working...
                          X