Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Her column today. She's actually right.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2015-02-18.html
    Joe, what year is it?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Joe, what year is it?
      My Delorean just got back from the shop. I need to have a word with the mechanic.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Starbucks is now serving turmeric lattes.

And I thought they were out of ideas when they sold the Unicorn frap.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          See Presidential thread. US Corporations are sitting on over 2 trillion dollars in cash. Yet wages and the middle class continue to suffer.
          Scooby also see a reasoning where as retired folk are being replaced by younger folk the wages are being reset to entry level salaries?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Scooby also see a reasoning where as retired folk are being replaced by younger folk the wages are being reset to entry level salaries?
            No.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/o...imes&smtyp=cur
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You can't just look at the raw numbers. You also have to consider the impact of inflation, and the overall stagnation in real wages for the middle class that has been ongoing for almost 4 decades now.

Also in some cases, the older generation isn't being replaced with younger workers. They are "retiring" in their early-to-mid 60s, then rehired as contractors with no benefits. It's win-win for employers, as they get to keep an experienced worker in the role, and no longer have to pay their insurance premiums or 401k match.

Comment

Money shot:

In the early 1960s, the typical chief executive at a large American company made only 20 times as much as the average worker, rather than the current 271-to-1 ratio.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

well how many ceo's are there at each company?!?!?! geez

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    You can't just look at the raw numbers. You also have to consider the impact of inflation, and the overall stagnation in real wages for the middle class that has been ongoing for almost 4 decades now.

Also in some cases, the older generation isn't being replaced with younger workers. They are "retiring" in their early-to-mid 60s, then rehired as contractors with no benefits. It's win-win for employers, as they get to keep an experienced worker in the role, and no longer have to pay their insurance premiums or 401k match.
                    according to gov'ment there has been little to no inflation for a generation now

Comment

according to gov'ment there has been little to no inflation for a generation now
                      And no WMDs in (pick your about to be attacked country).
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Well paying jobs in NJ that don't require a 4 yr degree.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ire_a_fou.html

What's not mentioned are the starting salaries.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well paying jobs in NJ that don't require a 4 yr degree.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ire_a_fou.html

What's not mentioned are the starting salaries.
                          What's your starting salary during your freshman year in college?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            What's your starting salary during your freshman year in college?
                            $4/hr (I think) working for GHI in NYC for the summer. It WAS in 1974.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

$4/hr (I think) working for GHI in NYC for the summer. It WAS in 1974.
                              And right now it's around $10/hr for college students working the standard summer and after school jobs. But they're putting in less than 20 hours/week.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                And right now it's around $10/hr for college students working the standard summer and after school jobs. But they're putting in less than 20 hours/week.
                                I put in 35 hrs/wk during the summer jobs.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X