Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theicebox View Post
    I'm not "one of those players" - just offering some facts! Stay tuned!
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant it from the perspective of the "universal you" as opposed to a "specific you." My bad on that note. I will certainly stay tuned. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant it from the perspective of the "universal you" as opposed to a "specific you." My bad on that note. I will certainly stay tuned. Thanks!
      No problem at all! Tune in!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

FWIW-I think the turnover by Emily Brown that led to Merrimack's game winner was caused by a bad bounce, the puck bouncing of a crease in the boards.

Comment

Maybe Merrimack has figured out that Minnesota IS NOT a contending team... I guess the glass half full view would be that at least Minnesota didn't give up a goal for the first period.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Theicebox View Post
            MC count is up to 10 now with 2 so far this young season. Oh, and three coaches.
            A little bit of a reality check for Merrimack so far today. Must be because of all the internal upset and turnover you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              A little bit of a reality check for Merrimack so far today. Must be because of all the internal upset and turnover you mentioned.
              A split in this series with Minnesota...I think they leave Minnesota pretty happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                In the limited playing time she had it was very noticeable that she was not giving nearly the same effort as she consistently gave last year. Something's amiss.
                As announced in Audio feed of game today Williamson is "taking time away from the game for a non hockey related medical issue". I know this to be true and is in no way a cover up of any kind for anything else. I hope she can recover and this does not lead to permanent retirement. It could.

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
                  As announced in Audio feed of game today Williamson is "taking time away from the game for a non hockey related medical issue". I know this to be true and is in no way a cover up of any kind for anything else. I hope she can recover and this does not lead to permanent retirement. It could.
                  Best wishes to Taylor Williamson.
                  Last edited by KTDC; 10-01-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I thought we played well in the second and third periods. I left the arena feeling really good. In some ways the best I've felt about the team since the end of 15-16 season in spite of our scoring (and other) issues.

And an upperclassman scored a goal
                    Last edited by KTDC; 10-01-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
                      I did catch that on the broadcast. Thanks for your information as well and hopefully we will see her back on the ice at full strength.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                        She had a very good game...

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          Yeah, but it's only her second year playing as a Gopher.

They were sloppy in the first and were lucky that the period ended scoreless. A different team came back out for the second and the third. They went to the net hard, and got the goals they deserved for it. They were much tighter defensively, too. Merrimack's goals was one of those shots, a laser from the blueline through a screen and into the top corner, where the only thing to do is salute the other guy, because you were never going to stop it. It'll be interesting to see whether Peters gets a start next week.

The one real nitpick I have from the second half of the game is that the freshman defensemen need to learn not to take shots that are so easily blocked by a high forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            The one real nitpick I have from the second half of the game is that the freshman defensemen need to learn not to take shots that are so easily blocked by a high forward.
                            We've had senior D who got a lower percentage of shots through. I had a bigger problem with the players, F and D alike, who kept trying to stickhandle through two defenders in the high slot. Pass it, shoot it, or put it in the corner and fewer bad things will happen.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              We've had senior D who got a lower percentage of shots through. I had a bigger problem with the players, F and D alike, who kept trying to stickhandle through two defenders in the high slot. Pass it, shoot it, or put it in the corner and fewer bad things will happen.
                              I noticed significantly less of that in the second and third, and I'm trying to pretend that those are the only two periods that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                                It'll be interesting to see whether Peters gets a start next week..
                                Gulstene is the best incoming goalie in the WCHA. When she takes over they will be a tough team to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X