Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant it from the perspective of the "universal you" as opposed to a "specific you." My bad on that note. I will certainly stay tuned. Thanks!
    No problem at all! Tune in!

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

FWIW-I think the turnover by Emily Brown that led to Merrimack's game winner was caused by a bad bounce, the puck bouncing of a crease in the boards.

Maybe Merrimack has figured out that Minnesota IS NOT a contending team... I guess the glass half full view would be that at least Minnesota didn't give up a goal for the first period.

Quote Originally Posted by Theicebox View Post
    MC count is up to 10 now with 2 so far this young season. Oh, and three coaches.
    A little bit of a reality check for Merrimack so far today. Must be because of all the internal upset and turnover you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    A little bit of a reality check for Merrimack so far today. Must be because of all the internal upset and turnover you mentioned.
    A split in this series with Minnesota...I think they leave Minnesota pretty happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    In the limited playing time she had it was very noticeable that she was not giving nearly the same effort as she consistently gave last year. Something's amiss.
    As announced in Audio feed of game today Williamson is "taking time away from the game for a non hockey related medical issue". I know this to be true and is in no way a cover up of any kind for anything else. I hope she can recover and this does not lead to permanent retirement. It could.

Quote Originally Posted by AAA Dad View Post
    As announced in Audio feed of game today Williamson is "taking time away from the game for a non hockey related medical issue". I know this to be true and is in no way a cover up of any kind for anything else. I hope she can recover and this does not lead to permanent retirement. It could.
    Best wishes to Taylor Williamson.
    Last edited by KTDC; 10-01-2017 at 07:28 PM.

I thought we played well in the second and third periods. I left the arena feeling really good. In some ways the best I've felt about the team since the end of 15-16 season in spite of our scoring (and other) issues.

And an upperclassman scored a goal
    Last edited by KTDC; 10-01-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AAA Dad View Post
    I did catch that on the broadcast. Thanks for your information as well and hopefully we will see her back on the ice at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    She had a very good game...

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    Yeah, but it's only her second year playing as a Gopher.

They were sloppy in the first and were lucky that the period ended scoreless. A different team came back out for the second and the third. They went to the net hard, and got the goals they deserved for it. They were much tighter defensively, too. Merrimack's goals was one of those shots, a laser from the blueline through a screen and into the top corner, where the only thing to do is salute the other guy, because you were never going to stop it. It'll be interesting to see whether Peters gets a start next week.

The one real nitpick I have from the second half of the game is that the freshman defensemen need to learn not to take shots that are so easily blocked by a high forward.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    The one real nitpick I have from the second half of the game is that the freshman defensemen need to learn not to take shots that are so easily blocked by a high forward.
    We've had senior D who got a lower percentage of shots through. I had a bigger problem with the players, F and D alike, who kept trying to stickhandle through two defenders in the high slot. Pass it, shoot it, or put it in the corner and fewer bad things will happen.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    We've had senior D who got a lower percentage of shots through. I had a bigger problem with the players, F and D alike, who kept trying to stickhandle through two defenders in the high slot. Pass it, shoot it, or put it in the corner and fewer bad things will happen.
    I noticed significantly less of that in the second and third, and I'm trying to pretend that those are the only two periods that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    It'll be interesting to see whether Peters gets a start next week..
    Gulstene is the best incoming goalie in the WCHA. When she takes over they will be a tough team to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    A split in this series with Minnesota...I think they leave Minnesota pretty happy with that.
    Not many out-of-conference opponents have achieved that.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    I thought Merrimack played pretty well. When the Gophers started to take over in the second period yesterday, Merrimack pushed back and really tried to hang on.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Gulstene is the best incoming goalie in the WCHA. When she takes over they will be a tough team to beat.
    No sense in rushing her into duty, Frosty should take his time on that one. If she starts to soon, gets torched and get Petersitis, you folks are screwed. Just looking out for your best interest. We were on the same side in the Civil war. I will always appreciate the 1st MN and their gallant counterattack at Gettysburg. Too bad they could not have been attached to the Iron Brigade.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    No sense in rushing her into duty, Frosty should take his time on that one. If she starts to soon, gets torched and get Petersitis, you folks are screwed. Just looking out for your best interest. We were on the same side in the Civil war. I will always appreciate the 1st MN and their gallant counterattack at Gettysburg. Too bad they could not have been attached to the Iron Brigade.
    With enemies like this, who needs friends

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Just looking out for your best interests.
    You're about as believable as...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBe_guezGGc

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    That reminds me... ARM once told me that no non-conference opponent has a winning record against the Gophers (I think?). Does that mean that after Friday, Merrimack (at the time) became the only team to have accomplished that feat?

Thread Information