Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    Well they got birthplace & sport wrong on several players so my guess is that none of the info is reliable
    Just to clarify, this comment is referencing the AOL article, not the Strib's write-up.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Big series against our biggest rival and still no commentary? Anyway I see that the Friday night game will be televised on FSN, puck drop at 7:00.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Big series against our biggest rival and still no commentary? Anyway I see that the Friday night game will be televised on FSN, puck drop at 7:00.
        There's a little something called the Olympics going on so nobody really gives a crap about gophers or badgers or any other form of nasty dirty rodent!

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          There's a little something called the Olympics going on so nobody really gives a crap about gophers or badgers or any other form of nasty dirty rodent!
          I care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go Gopherssss
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go Gopherssss
            Ulterior motive? But yes, Go Gophers! Beat those "nasty, dirty rodents" in Madison friday night!
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-14-2018, 05:32 AM. Reason: Go USA tonight, too!
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              It's the Mississippi River Super Sucker series. I doubt we'll be seeing any 1-0 games. The Badger's claws are pretty dull right now and so are the gopher claws, they can't get out of the hole.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                Ulterior motive? But yes, Go Gophers! Beat those "nasty, dirty rodents" in Madison friday night!
                It's the maroon and gold alliance!!

.....Also BC still has an outside shot at the 1 seed lol

Comment

Does that/will that make any difference?

Comment

It's the maroon and gold alliance!!

A team in maroon and gold did lay down a blueprint to beating a team in red last night in an electrifying game. Just saying.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Does that/will that make any difference?
                      Minnesota beating Wisconsin? Absolutely. BC should pass Wisconsin if the Badgers lose in the WCHA semis or earlier, but if the Gophers can take a point this weekend then a loss in the finals would do it too. Assuming BC wins out, which is a tough assumption in itself but that's the path to #1.

Comment

Minnesota beating Wisconsin? Absolutely. BC should pass Wisconsin if the Badgers lose in the WCHA semis or earlier, but if the Gophers can take a point this weekend then a loss in the finals would do it too. Assuming BC wins out, which is a tough assumption in itself but that's the path to #1.
                        I mean 'what difference?'

Unless Wisconsin beating Minnesota is going to put Minnesota out of the NCAA tournament altogether, then whether it is UW #1 and BC #2, or BC #1 and UW #2, Minnesota is coming to Madison, and BC is getting (I assume) the CHA winner. So, what's the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          I mean 'what difference?'

Unless Wisconsin beating Minnesota is going to put Minnesota out of the NCAA tournament altogether, then whether it is UW #1 and BC #2, or BC #1 and UW #2, Minnesota is coming to Madison, and BC is getting (I assume) the CHA winner. So, what's the difference?
                          Well, the only real difference is that BC can get Lindenwood if they are #1, otherwise Lindenwood would go to Madison. That's not happening anyway. Last change in the final would be another thing.

It's far more important for BC to be the top eastern team than #1 overall (although Clarkson controls their own destiny for that).

The last two benefits to Wisconsin losing would just be to make them look more human, and to make it look like Minnesota could actually beat them in the NCAA quarters. Because right now that would surprise the hell out of me lol

Comment

Wisconsin has (I hope) seven games remaining, and it is entirely possible that four of the seven will be against Minnesota.

Comment

(although Clarkson controls their own destiny for that).

(Bob Kostas would want me to point out that nobody "controls their own destiny". By definition. It is their destiny; It cannot be controlled.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                Wisconsin has (I hope) seven games remaining, and it is entirely possible that four of the seven will be against Minnesota.
                                I wish that I felt like there was a high probability of Wisconsin having five games remaining with four being against Minnesota.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X