• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    I am aware of that.
    So what was your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
      So what was your point?
      I was trolling you because I knew you couldn't let it go.

EDIT: I screwed up in the first post. I realized it when I saw your response but decided it was not worth correcting since you did it already.
      Last edited by ne7minder; 01-29-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Some of you saw her artistry if you streamed any of the U18 team USA games earlier this month. Here is a little bit more...

(Click on the "watch on vimeo" to view on the warning message.. )

https://vimeo.com/252449631
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-29-2018, 11:49 AM.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Some of you saw her artistry if you streamed any of the U18 team USA games earlier this month. Here is a little bit more...
          Hot Dog

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
            Hot Dog
            lol, yeah, I like her body language as she is skating to the bench

Comment

Reminder for any Gopher fans that bought a month of CollegeSportsLive to watch the series against the Buckeyes, your account should still be current to check on the OSU-UW games if you are interested.
              Today at 5:07
              Tomorrow at 2:07
              (central)

Comment

I still say St Cloud has been playing pretty good since our first series against them. We need to be ready for them!

Do we think it's Peters- Peters?

Comment

Peters out with illness.

Brausen and Joel Johnson gone at Andrew Carroll funeral.

Comment

How passive can a defense possibly get?

That 2nd goal was OK. 6 on 4 with a very good play by St Cloud. The third one was terrible. Gophers just backed off and got completely passive and allowed the Huskies to score. I think their shoulders literally sagged as they gave the zone away.

Also, we seem to think that a 2 goal lead means quit scoring our work is done.

Comment

Also, we seem to think that a 2 goal lead means quit scoring our work is done.
                      "Worst lead in hockey".
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Gophers earned an uptick in the pairwise yesterday, they are now 6 and Cornell 7.

I think we were 7 and Cornell 6 before the games, IIRC

Comment

Gophers earned an uptick in the pairwise yesterday, they are now 6 and Cornell 7.

I think we were 7 and Cornell 6 before the games, IIRC
                          The fix is in...

So is it that a tie with St Cloud is better than a tie for Cornell with Harvard?
                          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-03-2018, 08:47 AM.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Tough game yesterday, because for the most of it, Minnesota played pretty well. Some of the defensemen, especially Knowles, struggled in the first period with the larger ice surface. St Cloud's first goal came on a play where #24 seemed to lose track of how much room she'd left towards the boards and got beat to the outside. By the second period, they didn't look entirely comfortable out there, but weren't making the same basic errors. Aside from that, the Gophers mostly controlled the first 55 minutes of the game, though this is a better St Cloud team than we've gotten used to over the past few years.

I wouldn't say that they stopped trying to score once they had a two goal lead, but there was a lot of the two season long problem of not being able to finish the chances that they create. There was a 3-on-1 in the second period where the shot missed the net entirely. They ran a very conservative power play late in the third period, but that didn't bother me too much. (And the embellishment call on Reilly was ridiculous; that was very clearly a cross-check to the back into the boards that should have been a five minute penalty on the Husky player. I am really ****ing sick of the league telling us every year that checking from behind is a point of emphasis when the refs refuse to call it. It goes both ways: Agnew needed to be tossed out a couple of weeks ago.)

Minnesota has played with fire during the last five minutes of just about every game against St Cloud this year, and it finally cost them. They started scrambling during the Husky power play with three minutes left and never recovered. Then, they did their frequent turn of sagging after giving up a goal and promptly gave up another. Gulstene never had a chance on that one, as she was screened by a St Cloud forward and two of her own teammates.

It was frustrating, because for the first fifteen minutes of the third, the Gophers put on a clinic on how to defend a third period lead, never letting St Cloud get established or generate offense. Then it fell apart so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              "Worst lead in hockey".
                              But SCSU got the first goal and we all know the first goal is crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                                But SCSU got the first goal and we all know the first goal is crucial.
                                No, it is not "crucial." It's "all-important."

Comment

Working...
                                X