Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
    She is on the Frosty Freeze Out Program. Kid has talent but just didn't work out for ALL involved. It has happened before & will happen again with all the kids coming in. Destination? Connect the dots by simply looking at the current roster (couple of Chiefs & a good friend) & their need for a puck possession kid! Boom!
    BC will be a beast next year! Good luck with the rest of your season.
    Thank you!
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

For GWH fans who may have missed it, I thought Dan Hamann's interview of red shirt freshman Amy Potomak to be very interesting.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...012518aaa.html
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Thank you!
        realize that goofybadger is, as usual, speaking from an orifice not designed for communication.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          I think the Bulldogs get to claim the previous coach.

Just like UND got to claim the Lams before the school wiped itself out of existence
          In some things, like the list of schools with X amount of Nobel winners, both schools get to claim the same individual if he/she went to both schools.

Some stats sites also allow more than one school to claim a player. But I usually just figure where the player got their Bachelors should get the claim. Otherwise you could have 3 maybe 4 schools claim the same player if they moved around a bit. Transferred from one to another school, still got their bachelors before their eligibility was up and then did a grad transfer? lol

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            For GWH fans who may have missed it, I thought Dan Hamann's interview of red shirt freshman Amy Potomak to be very interesting.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...012518aaa.html
            As tough as it is to not have Amy playing this year and helping the team out, all the experience she gained and her getting settled into school and rejoining the team on the ice the same time as her sister and Kelly will probably make her even better and even if she doesn't come back for her last year because of the next Olympics or something, UMn could benefit incredibly down the line from her not using up a year of eligibility this season. Just hope all this ends up being the best result for her and her sister, too. And of course, the Gophers, too,

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              realize that goofybadger is, as usual, speaking from an orifice not designed for communication.
              nor is it for what you think it is for

Comment

We've heard this story before, but this is a really good version of it:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/26/s...ics/index.html

Comment

I did not know this was a thing and now it's my favorite
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Will Marissa lose her spot to a commie?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Must spread, so I'll thank you here.

Like you, I had heard the story before. But this excellent version more than justifies a second look.

Comment

I was not feeling great tonight up through that 5 minute PP with 1 SOG and a completely wasted first 3 1/2 minutes. But I thought we fought hard after that pretty much the rest of the game.

Tonight was only the third shutout of the year. Nice for senior Peters to get a shutout on senior night.

Props to Mankato, they played a good, hard game. With a little more skill to corral the puck and get some shots off on their breakaway or semi breakaway opportunities either game this weekend good have been different. But for a team without many wins this season, they were fighting hard and playing pretty good. And at this point we gotta be happy to get a sweep and a couple wins

Comment

I was not feeling great tonight up through that 5 minute PP with 1 SOG and a completely wasted first 3 1/2 minutes. But I thought we fought hard after that pretty much the rest of the game.

Tonight was only the third shutout of the year. Nice for senior Peters to get a shutout on senior night.

Props to Mankato, they played a good, hard game. With a little more skill to corral the puck and get some shots off on their breakaway or semi breakaway opportunities either game this weekend good have been different. But for a team without many wins this season, they were fighting hard and playing pretty good. And at this point we gotta be happy to get a sweep and a couple wins
                          I agree with you about Mankato. I thought they played pretty good too, if a bit chippy at times. In fact they haven't looked that good since the dynamic SSP duo of Fisher and Young were skating around Ridder arena and the Gophers back in 2007.

The Gophers need to stop trying to make a perfect pass or a perfect play on the power play and just shoot the dang thing which was especially noticeable on the 5 minute power play. The execution by the officials on the 5 minute high sticking and the two 2 minute roughing calls at 2:20 of the 2nd period was very strange. I'd love to hear Hanrahan's explanation of it all.

A couple of nice hard fought wins for the Gophers this weekend and especially by the seniors. The Mrs wants me to add that "It was too bad Caitlin Reilly didn't score a goal because she worked so hard to get one."
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-27-2018, 10:36 PM. Reason: Mrs bluffrinkrat addition
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I was not feeling great tonight up through that 5 minute PP with 1 SOG and a completely wasted first 3 1/2 minutes.
                            OTOH, our top PP forward sat in the penalty box for the entire 5 minutes because the refs screwed up the penalty distribution. Sad that the refs do not know the rules of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              OTOH, our top PP forward sat in the penalty box for the entire 5 minutes because the refs screwed up the penalty distribution. Sad that the refs do not know the rules of the game.
                              The refs screwed up the penalty distribution, but that had nothing to do with Piazza remaining in the box. What they got wrong is that MSU should have had a second player in their box, who would have been released when the five minute power play was up; then Jackson would have stayed their for two minutes and come out at the next whistle. The reason Piazza wasn't released is because the Gophers were already at full strength; she couldn't come out until the next whistle after her two minutes were done. There weren't any stoppages for a long time, so there she sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                                The refs screwed up the penalty distribution, but that had nothing to do with Piazza remaining in the box. What they got wrong is that MSU should have had a second player in their box, who would have been released when the five minute power play was up; then Jackson would have stayed their for two minutes and come out at the next whistle. The reason Piazza wasn't released is because the Gophers were already at full strength; she couldn't come out until the next whistle after her two minutes were done. There weren't any stoppages for a long time, so there she sat.
                                I am aware of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X