Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Another game, another incomplete effort...Especially in the 3rd period.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Since 1998 I have said the big difference between the men & the women is the women play 60 minutes every game. This year I don't think that is true any more. Only listened to Dan but he sounded disappointed by the effort.

OTOH, a couple weeks ago some moron from OSU suggested they needed to fire Muzzy, I think we should encourage that sort of stupidity in our own self-interest. FIRE MUZZERALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        The team is good enough that you don't give up, but not good enough so that we have much in the way of delusions regarding them. The rankings claim they are the best 5th-best team. Never before have I felt we've been more overrated than this year's rankings. Well, maybe in 2006, but that team had the last laugh regarding my opinion of them.
        Really was. We played pretty darn good the last 5 minutes of the first as well as the second period. It was a good game. Terrible way to go down, makes it feel like it was a bad game, but it was a good game. Ohio State played great a lot of the game and clearly deserved to win.

I'm coming out of this going, "I really like the kids on this team, and they're capable of playing really well, but they're just not a very good team". Giving up a 3 on 1 one minute into the game. And then the Robinson penalty just started a collapse.

As ARM said "the team is good enough that you don't give up" and he's right I'm coming back tomorrow. I hope we kick their butts.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          Really was. We played pretty darn good the last 5 minutes of the first as well as the second period. It was a good game. Terrible way to go down, makes it feel like it was a bad game, but it was a good game. Ohio State played great a lot of the game and clearly deserved to win.

I'm coming out of this going, "I really like the kids on this team, and they're capable of playing really well, but they're just not a very good team". Giving up a 3 on 1 one minute into the game. And then the Robinson penalty just started a collapse.

As ARM said "the team is good enough that you don't give up" and he's right I'm coming back tomorrow. I hope we kick their butts.
          It certainly sounded like OSU deserved the win

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

The tying goal for Ohio State after Robinson took the penalty...Oy Vey! That was an interesting attempt at a pokecheck by the goaltender.

Comment

That was an interesting attempt at a pokecheck by the goaltender.
              I didn't know your goaltenders were adept at trolling... teehee
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Wow, this is unbelievable. I don't follow either the men's or women's teams like I used to (and who really does) but losing to OSU is some kind of new low. I saw they beat SCSU earlier 2-1. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                  Wow, this is unbelievable. I don't follow either the men's or women's teams like I used to (and who really does) but losing to OSU is some kind of new low. I saw they beat SCSU earlier 2-1. Hmmm.
                  haha...this is wrong..lol. Let's interrupt your broad brush, at-a-glance condemnation of the program to point out Ohio State has a very good team this year. (No need to throw the Huskies under the bus either, while we're at it. They have actually been playing pretty good the last couple months.)

Come on back and enjoy and suffer the issues of this team as the specific, unique situation that it is

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    I didn't know your goaltenders were adept at trolling... teehee
                    Was kinda thinking that when I typed it...

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                      What about Agnew? Is she going to transfer to BC?
                      This is like the TTT bat signal lol... is this a thing?
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

More of the same lack of cohesiveness so far today from the Gophers...It is what it is.

Down 4-0 now middle of the 2nd period. It's like the goaltenders are messed in the head. Can't complete a pass to save their lives. Bad turnovers. Frustrating.
                        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-20-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

More of the same lack of cohesiveness so far today from the Gophers...It is what it is.

Down 4-0 now middle of the 2nd period. It's like the goaltenders are messed in the head. Can't complete a pass to save their lives. Bad turnovers. Frustrating.
                          :-< oh, well

Comment

It is what it is? I think I remember "Gardy" saying that 99 times in the Twins 2011 season. Once for each loss.

Can't remember if I've ever been this concerned about the Mankato team coming into town the next weekend.

Thank you Sydney, for the one anyway.
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-20-2018, 04:02 PM. Reason: Not Crosby spelling
                            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

5-1 final, and it wasn't just the bounces I bet, Dan.
                              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                                5-1 final, and it wasn't just the bounces I bet, Dan.
                                Switch goalies and Minnesota wins 5-1. Goaltending is aweful. Ohio got a big push from some huge sauve saves.

Comment

Working...
                                X