Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
    At least our recruiting prospects must have improved immeasurably during that third period.
    Yes we won But this team better improve quickly, the playoffs are just around the corner.

Yes, Frost is a nice guy however this is a results oriented business

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Originally posted by Call It View Post
      Yes we won But this team better improve quickly, the playoffs are just around the corner.

Yes, Frost is a nice guy however this is a results oriented business
      Who the frack are you dude? Did you just get released from a mental institution? UMn has NEVER won a Natl Title during an Olympic year, partly because UMn contributes to the US Olympic team more than any other program in the nation. And they contribute to the Finnish and Canadian teams as well.

I mean think of it Call It, the Gophers won titles in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016. But what about 2014??? Wasn't that an Olympic year??? Yes is was. Do the math.

Comment

I was happy to see the Gophers win today and play with a lot of energy throughout most of the game. Also, I was glad to see the end to a possible Gopher Game Day program cover "jinx." I first noticed this in the first game against Merrimack when cover story player Sidney Peters gave up 4 goals on the first 8 shots (hmm, sounds somewhat similar to yesterday's game). More recently there was Cara Piazza's slashing penalty late in the 3rd period which resulted in a power play goal for UMD that tied the score on their way to a shootout win. But, hopefully Nicole Schammel's 3 goals and 1 assist this weekend is the start of something good for future Gopher cover story players.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
          Who the frack are you dude? Did you just get released from a mental institution? UMn has NEVER won a Natl Title during an Olympic year, partly because UMn contributes to the US Olympic team more than any other program in the nation. And they contribute to the Finnish and Canadian teams as well.

I mean think of it Call It, the Gophers won titles in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016. But what about 2014??? Wasn't that an Olympic year??? Yes is was. Do the math.
          Call it appears to be a joke who really wants to be put on the ignore list. I assume they are a fan of a program that is not the U of Mn and trying desperately to cause heartburn. They just are not very good at it

Comment

It was great to see Taylor Williamson on the ice for a couple of shifts late in the third period.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              It was great to see Taylor Williamson on the ice for a couple of shifts late in the third period.
              I wasn't able to do much following of yesterday's game other than I did catch the between periods interview with Williamson on the audio broadcast. Some of you probably were aware of what she went through but I was not. Very sobering to hear her talk about it and how thrilled she is to be able to put the uniform back on.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Very sobering to hear her talk about it and how thrilled she is to be able to put the uniform back on.
                And it was very obvious when she was on the ice; she was in "beast mode" in the offensive zone. You could tell how happy her teammates were for her to be back too - really great to see.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

It was, wasn't it.

What happened last year?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    It was, wasn't it.

What happened last year?
                    Kind of a technicality in this situation. I think Fred's main point still holds.

Poison like "Frost needs to go" is better off on the men's forum where it belongs. Although, admittedly, the sentiment is so insanely premature that acknowledgment of it may be even a little silly

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      . . . the sentiment is so insanely premature that acknowledgment of it [may be even a little] is silly
                      that was all that needed to be said

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        The team is experiencing what most other "regular" teams go through during any given season, and some of the Gopher (un)faithful are hitting the panic button. I love it. Welcome to the real world Gopher fans!
                        He only stops by here to whine, all other comments are on DIII thread, feel free to ignore

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          He only stops by here to whine, all other comments are on DIII thread, feel free to ignore
                          Is he actually a Gopher fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

So that’s your excuse? And if BC wins it this year, then what?

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                                So that’s your excuse? And if BC wins it this year, then what?
                                Good for them. We'll raise a glass to TTT (even if it's against the Gophers ? maybe not).

And BTW, there were BC fans calling for Katie King-Crowley's head when the Gophers beat them in their 40-0 season 2 years ago. That also was unbecoming.

4 National Championships in 7 years is pretty darn good.
                                Last edited by KTDC; 01-14-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X