Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
    On GPL it was posted that "Jincy Dunne's little sister Josey commits to Minnesota". Now playing for the Chicago Mission U19, it's believed that she will be part of the 2020-21 incoming class.
    I would have thought that OSU was a shoe in to land Josey. Surprising.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Anyone know how are ticket sales are coming? I've been holding out for them to reduce the price a little, a Black Friday deal maybe?
      I looked earlier in the week and the sides were basically sold out, but there were still plenty of seats in the corners/ends. I was going to buy a pair, but when the extra Ticketmaster fees added more than $30 to the cost of the tickets, I passed for now. $50 for one game of exhibition hockey is testing my limits - nearly $90 is beyond what I'm willing to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
        I looked earlier in the week and the sides were basically sold out, but there were still plenty of seats in the corners/ends. I was going to buy a pair, but when the extra Ticketmaster fees added more than $30 to the cost of the tickets, I passed for now. $50 for one game of exhibition hockey is testing my limits - nearly $90 is beyond what I'm willing to pay.
        Thanks, I'm not willing to pay that much either. If it was the Olympics, different story obviously.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Katie Robinson a scratch for today.

Comment

With Riley out now the Gophers have a pretty short bench. #20 seems to be heating up quite nicely, however.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Really enjoyed watching Tianna Gunderson taking advantage of her opportunity. Worked her butt off and played well. Too bad she didn't convert of the scoring chances
              Last edited by KTDC; 11-25-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                With Riley out now the Gophers have a pretty short bench.
                Anyone know why Reilly is out? Hopefully not for long...
                Also, was Robinson a heathy scratch today?

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                #20 seems to be heating up quite nicely, however.
                With all of the upsets yesterday it's good to see our team win, with Miss Woken leading the way offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Anyone know why Reilly is out? Hopefully not for long...
                  Also, was Robinson a heathy scratch today?
                  Reilly got hit with a puck during a PK. She tried to play for another 5-10 seconds and then collapsed in a heap. (Dan mentioned the knee). She did not put weight on that leg going off the ice, or apparently going to the locker room at the end of that period.

Robinson was a scratch because of the collision last week and did not make the trip.
                  Last edited by KTDC; 11-25-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                    Reilly got hit with a puck during a PK. She tried to play for another 5-10 seconds and then collapsed in a heap. (Dan mentioned the knee). She did not put weight on that leg going off the ice, or apparently going to the locker room at the end of that period.
                    Hopefully just a bad bruise and temporary.

Robinson was a scratch because of the collision last week and did not make the trip.
                    Forgot about that. Again, hopefully she'll be back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                      you can avoid the TicketMaster gouge and buy tickets at the X box office for $28 each total
                      which is what I did while going to the HS volleyball tournament
                      which is also what I did last time, day of game

Comment

On the game broadcast Frost did not seem concerned, he said Reilly would get an x-ray after they got back. He also said foot/ankle so I would guess it is a really nasty bruise but not a break. Hopefully both will be back soon.

Comment

IDK-it's not like we played that bad. Baldwin's handing the Lions that goal was just a bummer.

Zumwinkle played a great game, but the fact she didn't score really takes away from that. Some of those shots we need to start going in! But Olivia Knowles put in two, and the shot in OT was great. Players need to deliver, and there you go, Oilivia Knowles did.

I don't know who was watching the stream, but the camera didn't move on the play that set up the penalty shot so you couldn't see at all what happened...haha.

So the Lions score on a gift, a PP, and a penalty shot and we barely win the game. But we did win, so there's at least that

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                            IDK-it's not like we played that bad. Baldwin's handing the Lions that goal was just a bummer.

Zumwinkle played a great game, but the fact she didn't score really takes away from that. Some of those shots we need to start going in! But Olivia Knowles put in two, and the shot in OT was great. Players need to deliver, and there you go, Oilivia Knowles did.

I don't know who was watching the stream, but the camera didn't move on the play that set up the penalty shot so you couldn't see at all what happened...haha.

So the Lions score on a gift, a PP, and a penalty shot and we barely win the game. But we did win, so there's at least that
                            All due respect but very close game against Lindenwood. Gophers need to be better. Growing pains.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              All due respect but very close game against Lindenwood. Gophers need to be better. Growing pains.
                              Time to turn the DE-Frost on

Comment

Baldwin's handing the Lions that goal was just a bummer.
                                I suppose it depends on your perspective...For Taylor Girard it was a beautiful thing.

Are some of you still confused as to why there is some criticism of #9's propensity for glaring turnovers?
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X