Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
    I can't see Frost trying to "talk her into" joining the team this season.

To me the biggest thing is does Amy guess that she'd want to play in college 6 years after high school. Because she probably thinks she'll make the national team in 4 years.

Personally, my gut isn't hoping it turns out one way or the other. (But we do only have 17 skaters to dress)
    Write off this year and come back and play her last 2 years with her sister and Minnesota will be a powerhouse team again.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      Although at the end of the game I realized I hadn’t seen Robinson since she collided with another Gopher, anybody know about that?
      Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Robinson was out there after that play at least to kill the Knowles penalty. I couldn't say if she had any full-strength shifts after Woken flattened her.
      She looked woozy getting up, my first thought was concussion protocol.

She did come out at least a couple of times later in the second. But I was watching for her in the third and she did not even come out to the bench. They played the third with only 4 D.
      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

To me the biggest thing is does Amy guess that she'd want to play in college 6 years after high school. Because she probably thinks she'll make the national team in 4 years.
        Leave it to Timmhe to suggest the season needs to be saved. I am sure Ms. Potomak considered the possibility before now and that, given his history, Frost will talk to her and see what she wants to do. The season will be fine either way.

Comment

The experts likely consider Heise the Plum of the group....
          She's off to a great start, leading the state with 14 goals (and more than half of her team's total of 25) in her first 5 games. Even though Red Wing is a Class A school, playing a pretty weak schedule, Miss Heise clearly knows how to put the puck in the net.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Leave it to Timmhe to suggest the season needs to be saved. I am sure Ms. Potomak considered the possibility before now and that, given his history, Frost will talk to her and see what she wants to do. The season will be fine either way.
            Her answer might depend on what happens to her sister. In the games I watched, she did not have a lot of ice time and looked very average. I believe that there are still cuts to be made.

Comment

Personally, my gut isn't hoping it turns out one way or the other. (But we do only have 17 skaters to dress)
              Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              Her answer might depend on what happens to her sister. In the games I watched, she did not have a lot of ice time and looked very average. I believe that there are still cuts to be made.
              When it comes to Sarah, my gut would kind of like her to wait and get her two full years remaining.

Comment

are you referring to Amy or Sarah as looking average, and secondly, isn't looking average in the context of Team Canada to say that she fits right in?

Just another way the Olympics screws up college hockey. How do you say no to your Olympic team when they give you an opportunity to play for them? It would be especially hard in this situation when your sister is playing for them.

Comment

All Minnesota class, I hope they turn out great! I'm optimistic, but we could use a great recruiting class. Anybody seen them play? Who are you highest on?
                  I'd put them in this order:

Ostertag- Future #1 D. Maybe next year
                  Heise-Amazing skater. Going to be a big learning curve next year when she can't go end-to-end whenever she wants
                  Oden, Boreen, Skaja-Should all be good depth forwards.
                  Hengler-Kind of a wildcard. Incredible hands for a defenseman, not sure her skating will be good enough at the college level.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    are you referring to Amy or Sarah as looking average, and secondly, isn't looking average in the context of Team Canada to say that she fits right in?

Just another way the Olympics screws up college hockey. How do you say no to your Olympic team when they give you an opportunity to play for them? It would be especially hard in this situation when your sister is playing for them.
                    Sorry, Sarah. Maybe average is unfair but she did not look as comfortable on the ice as Brandt does on the US team for example. She is younger of course and that could be a factor.
                    Last edited by Puckdrop14; 11-21-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Sorry, Sarah. Maybe average is unfair but she did not look as comfortable on the ice as Brandt does on the US team for example. She is younger of course and that could be a factor.
                      Hannah Brandt is an all time great Gopher way up towards the very top of the list I think she was actually an underrated player when she played at Minnesota. I haven't watched much of the nationals but in college game in and game out in all zones and all situations she was GREAT!

Comment

Hannah Brandt is an all time great Gopher way up towards the very top of the list I think she was actually an underrated player when she played at Minnesota. I haven't watched much of the nationals but in college game in and game out in all zones and all situations she was GREAT!
                        Four years ago with the national team I don't think Hannah played up to her capabilities. But different story this year, she has looked like the Hannah we Gopher fans so fondly remember.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          ...she has looked like the Hannah we Gopher fans so fondly remember.

…and Dani assisted on 4 of the 5 goals. There was a lot of déjà vu for Gopher fans in that game.
                          It’s too bad Amy didn’t stay with the team until after St. Paul, hopefully Sarah will score and Gopher fans can make some noise for her. Only eleven more days.

Comment

It’s too bad Amy didn’t stay with the team until after St. Paul, hopefully Sarah will score and Gopher fans can make some noise for her. Only eleven more days.
                            Anyone know how are ticket sales are coming? I've been holding out for them to reduce the price a little, a Black Friday deal maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Four years ago with the national team I don't think Hannah played up to her capabilities. But different story this year, she has looked like the Hannah we Gopher fans so fondly remember.
                              I think she was hurt and more than people know. Healthy she is something special to see.

Comment

On GPL it was posted that "Jincy Dunne's little sister Josey commits to Minnesota". Now playing for the Chicago Mission U19, it's believed that she will be part of the 2020-21 incoming class.

Comment

Working...
                                X