Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Do we settle back in, now, to a Peters-Gulstene alternating as goaltenders situation?

I think yes.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      Do we settle back in, now, to a Peters-Gulstene alternating as goaltenders situation?

I think yes.
      I think yes too. The competition as to who will become the team's primary starter hasn't played out...yet.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

If anyone wants to watch the women and men play this weekend, the monthly NCHC pass would be a better value

You can buy a month of streams from UMD- one month 19.95
        monthly NCHC conference pass- one month 26.95

FRI 10/20- GWH v UMD 3:37, men v UND 7:30
        SAT 10/21- GWH v UMD 3:37, men v UND 7

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
          Even if the clock had expired on the penalty, it would still have been a power play goal for all analytical purposes, especially in this case, where the chaos that the PK had descended to would have been the proximate cause. I generally consider that a kill really ends once the team has managed to get a line change, or at least get the puck to the other end, so that they can reset.
          That is what I thought I saw. The penalty expired then the goal was scored. I was being too cute by half to say they got no SOG. But if the box score shows it as a ppg then it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            The penalty expired then the goal was scored.
            In this case, the goal was score four seconds before the penalty was to have expired.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If anyone wants to watch the women and men play this weekend, the monthly NCHC pass would be a better value

You can buy a month of streams from UMD- one month 19.95
              monthly NCHC conference pass- one month 26.95

FRI 10/20- GWH v UMD 3:37, men v UND 7:30
              SAT 10/21- GWH v UMD 3:37, men v UND 7
              $5 a game, I'm in! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Katie Robinson is a scratch for today's game. Sierra Smith on the line chart as #5 defenseman.

Comment

Katie Robinson is a scratch for today's game. Sierra Smith on the line chart as #5 defenseman.
                  The D will have to stay out of the penalty box. I'd guess that Sophie has to move back on the kill if one does have to sit.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Nice to see that My9 was able to get a feed of the overhead goal camera. They apparently didn't have it available when the Gopher Men were in Duluth a couple weeks ago.

(I was very happy to see GWH playing in Duluth this month when I was debating buying the nchc pass before the icebreaker)

Comment

Gophers with a solid first period, with both good effort and execution, as they take a 2-0 lead. Shots are 13-7.

Comment

Half way through 2nd still 2-0 Gophers over Duluth. So far looks like Gophers taking the 2nd period off.

Comment

So far looks like Gophers taking the 2nd period off.
                          Agreed. UMD with all the momentum in the 2nd, but the Gophers did a good job defensively in limiting the Dogs to marginal chances. Peters looking solid and not giving up rebounds. Gophers need to regroup and reestablish the offensive zone pressure they had in the 1st.

Comment

That was a really good first period for Minnesota, followed by 40 minutes of hanging on. They mostly prevented from giving UMD many good chances, though some of that is on the Bulldogs. The penalty kill looked very good, despite giving up a goal late in Piazza's major; Reilly's goal right after that was, for all intents and purposes, a shorty despite coming after the penalty died. Peters was outstanding in net.

The officiating was hit and miss: the major on Piazza was absolutely the right call, but I thought the penalty shot they awarded UMD was really weak. The Gophers need to do better about staying out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              That was a really good first period for Minnesota, followed by 40 minutes of hanging on. They mostly prevented from giving UMD many good chances, though some of that is on the Bulldogs. The penalty kill looked very good, despite giving up a goal late in Piazza's major; Reilly's goal right after that was, for all intents and purposes, a shorty despite coming after the penalty died. Peters was outstanding in net.

The officiating was hit and miss: the major on Piazza was absolutely the right call, but I thought the penalty shot they awarded UMD was really weak. The Gophers need to do better about staying out of the box.
                              I did not see the major penalty call on Piazza, which came right at the beginning of the 3rd period. Otherwise, I agree with all of your other observations. Gophers better be ready for tomorrow's rematch, because having turned the tables in periods 2 and 3 today, UMD certainly will be.

Comment

If we're down to just four defensemen for any length of time, that's going to be a problem. Could we get Anna Barlow back, please?

Comment

Working...
                                X