Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
    I suppose this means you won't be crawling over us in the middle of the games on your way to the men's game any more (assuming you are in row 8 with me). Good choice on which tickets to keep, though. I haven't been to men's games since the women started - 21 years - so I have not seen Don on the Gopher bench at all.
    No crawling over anyone by us. We've always had 2 seats at the beginning of a row, but actually haven't sat there for awhile preferring the bench seats instead. If there is a conflict with the women's game we either have sold the men's tickets to a friend or relative or in a few cases given them to someone who has never been to a game at Mariucci.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-21-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: No more let's watch two, to paraphrase Mr Cub.

Quote Originally Posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    Just received an e-mail from Gopher fan relations that Don Lucia has stepped down as head coach. Since I've never posted or read anything on the men's fan forum despite along with my late brother and now my wife having been season ticket holders for over 25 years thought I'd post the news here. Kind of ironic because we had just decided 2 days ago to not renew the men's tickets for next year. Getting too old to go to both and we enjoy the women's games more.
    Bob Motzko auditioned for the Gopher job this afternoon & looks like a shoe in given the results

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    Bob Motzko auditioned for the Gopher job this afternoon & looks like a shoe in given the results
    I don't have to check the score then, Air Force won.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Must have been a phone or video interview since he was in SD getting ready for his team to play today....and loose in the first round....again.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Must have been a phone or video interview since he was in SD getting ready for his team to play today....and loose in the first round....again.
    That's why he joked about it being an audition, not an interview.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    That's why he joked about it being an audition, not an interview.
    It's been a long week so I guess my reading skills are on "weekend mode." Lol

My wife will be ecstatic, if he's hired, since she's been saying she wished he would replace Don Lucia for the past 2 years. I think he'd be fine, okay, maybe more than that. Hopefully, he'll give the team the energy boost they need and maybe an also needed kick in the breezers at times, too.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-23-2018 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Huh, all she just said was "Oh?"

They didn't look loose to me

They didn't look loose to me
    I said it's been a long week. Not only my reading but my typing has also taken a backseat to my mental fatigue.

I said it's been a long week. Not only my reading but my typing has also taken a backseat to my mental fatigue.
    Not having watched the game I thought maybe you were referring to some of the St Cloud player's having loose breezers. It's difficult to skate if you're having to pull up your breezers all the time.

So I wonder if any of the St Cloud players heard rumors before the game with Air Force that their coach might be going to Minnesota? The #16 defeating the #1 seed hasn't happened since...oh, holy cow I just can't remember.

The #16 defeating the #1 seed hasn't happened since...oh, holy cow I just can't remember.
    Oh, holy crusaders I'd just as soon forget!
    They did say on the telecast today that over the years St. Cloud has been to the tournament 13 times but has lost their first game 9 of those times.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

You should take some time off to regain your strength, 6-8 months for a start

Not having watched the game I thought maybe you were referring to some of the St Cloud player's having loose breezers. It's difficult to skate if you're having to pull up your breezers all the time.

So I wonder if any of the St Cloud players heard rumors before the game with Air Force that their coach might be going to Minnesota? The #16 defeating the #1 seed hasn't happened since...oh, holy cow I just can't remember.
    It happened to SCSU in the last couple of years so this is their second faceplant. They were#1seed then too. We shall not speak of that other blue and white team humiliating a MN team
    Last edited by ne7minder; 03-24-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Maybe some anger management during that time?

I was thinking more like 6 to 8 days or at least 6 to 8 hours, which is already over. Oh well, no rest for the wicked!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    I'm not angry, SO **** OFF!!!

I'm simply right all the time.

Hehehe.

The #16 defeating the #1 seed hasn't happened since...oh, holy cow I just can't remember.
    You know, it has happened before, but not where most people think.

The upset that started all the upsets wasn't a #16, they were #15 - and were a top 20 pairwise team, on the bubble as making it as an at-large. It's remembered because it was the first upset of a 4 over a 1, but as we've seen, if the same thing happened today, it wouldn't be at all surprising.

The first time a #1 actually lost to the #16 didn't happen until 2015 - when RIT knocked off Mankato. (So ironically the top 2 names that keep being brought up in the coaching search now share that rare distinction of being the only coaches that have been a 1 that lost to a 16!)

It happened to SCSU in the last couple of years so this is their second faceplant. They were#1seed then too. We shall not speak of that other blue and white team humiliating a MN team
    I did not remember their colors so maybe it is starting to slip "the mystic chords of memory." Sorry about that, I just finished reading "Team of Rivals." I would have sworn that the team in blue and white was a 16th seed, not a 15th as previously posted. I do remember they were a good team though and gave the hated Sioux quite a battle the next game before losing.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-24-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Holy Who?

I did not remember their colors so maybe it is starting to slip "the mystic chords of memory." Sorry about that, I just finished reading "Team of Rivals." I would have sworn that the team in blue and white was a 16th seed, not a 15th as previously posted. I do remember they were a good team though and gave the hated Sioux quite a battle the next game before losing.
    Air Farce not so much. 26 minute to get their first shot on goal

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    I was thinking perhaps a cranial extraction. The methane seems to be causing brain damage. 6-8 months might be the minimum to recover

Thread Information