Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Originally posted by Call It View Post
    So that’s your excuse? And if BC wins it this year, then what?
    Well, BC hasn't won anything yet. They have to beat Wisconsin, first.

And I don't think a program with

THE MOST

Natl Titles,
    Natl Title Game Appearances,
    Frozen Four Appearances,
    NCAA tourney Appearances,
    &
    US Olympians.

needs any excuses, lol.

But it's still a legitimate explanation.

Comment

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
        Is he actually a Gopher fan?
        No, Sorry I didn't make that more obvious in my original comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
          Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Mark Twain
          Great quote. The Gophers are in extremely competent hands with Frost and Johnson leading the way. Don’t let a few spoiled apples ruin the orchard. Depth is the key and needed for internal competition as well as game consistency. I expect they will be the spoiler of higher ranked teams before season ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            Pannek/Potomak/Potomak
            Wente/Zumwinkle/Schammel
            Skarzynski/Woken/Heise
            Oden/Skaja/Keller
            I did mine a couple days ago
            Pannek/S Potomak/Heise
            Wente/A Potomak/ Zumwinkle
            Skarzynski/Woken/Schammel
            Skaja/Boreen/Oden

Although, after seeing yours, putting the Potomaks together makes a certain amount of sense.

Comment

Why aren't the centers in the center? Beyond that, it seems like Skarzynski might need to do her annual "Start the year playing D" thing, just to limit the number of games where any forward who was a former US or Canadian U-18 player is a healthy scratch.

I hope they don't just put the three Ps together and never try anything else, because while I'm sure that would be a dynamite unit, I think we could wind up with a couple of first-line caliber lines if they spread them out.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Some of you are probably aware of this but thought I would mention it anyway...This coming Saturday is a great matchup between Edina and Blake at 4PM which can be viewed by live stream on stateofhockey.com if you can't attend in person. Many D1 recruits including 5 for the Gophers will be in action.
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-17-2018, 05:52 PM. Reason: Correction on the number of recruits for Minny
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  Pannek/S Potomak/Heise
                  Skaja/Boreen/Oden

Although, after seeing yours, putting the Potomaks together makes a certain amount of sense.
                  The thing that is obvious to me is that they have too much talent. I might start by trying to red shirt one of the non-national team frosh if possible but I'm not sure it is going to get easier in 19-20. I like your first two lines but might swap Heise & Zumwinkle. Pairing the Potomaks might make them happy but it might not be the best for the team. It would be hard to build a bad line out of this group though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                    It was great to see Taylor Williamson on the ice for a couple of shifts late in the third period.
                    Yes..

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      Pannek/S Potomak/Heise
                      Skaja/Boreen/Oden

I was just throwing names at the wall. My guess is that, as usual, the line combinations won't be set until halfway through the season and it's impossible to predict exactly what they'll be right now. I will be disappointed if Kippin Keller doesn't get regular playing time, because she's fun to watch and has probably been the most consistent player on the team at giving a high effort level every night.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        The thing that is obvious to me is that they have too much talent. I might start by trying to red shirt one of the non-national team frosh if possible but I'm not sure it is going to get easier in 19-20.
                        Maybe, maybe not...It depends on what roles players are willing to except. It can't be like Wisconsin's utopia of 4 interchangeable first lines. Boreen will be the only non-national team frosh and she was probably good enough to be on the national team. So, I doubt she will sit.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          Maybe, maybe not...It depends on what roles players are willing to except. It can't be like Wisconsin's utopia of 4 interchangeable first lines. Boreen will be the only non-national team frosh and she was probably good enough to be on the national team. So, I doubt she will sit.
                          Boreen is scheduled to Red-Shirt next year she is too slow for the WCHA. Need to work on her skating. What about Agnew? Is she going to transfer to BC?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                            Boreen is scheduled to Red-Shirt next year she is too slow for the WCHA. Need to work on her skating. What about Agnew? Is she going to transfer to BC?
                            be careful of what you say, Nutwinder might *threaten* to put you on ignore
                            Last edited by pokechecker; 01-18-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                              It's too bad Boreen didn't consider an offer to go elsewhere considering she's already "scheduled" to sit. Maybe she still will.

Agnew to bc...I guess we can credit you with having the rumor first.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Maybe, maybe not...It depends on what roles players are willing to except. It can't be like Wisconsin's utopia of 4 interchangeable first lines.
                                I believe the "first line" comment has been beat to death by you. I think the guy was just making a generalization that Wisconsin will be really strong next year. Was he really supposed to throw in the "except Minnesota of course" comment. I truly hope the Gophers win it this year so you can go back to gloating and your "can't argue with success crap".

And everyone knows Boreen is in trouble for playing time, which is too bad she is a good kid. And Agnew leaving is new news to you? Perhaps you need to get informed somewhere besides the internet. And Gopher/Badger is correct.
                                Last edited by upfromtheminors; 01-18-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X