Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    Wisconsin has (I hope) seven games remaining, and it is entirely possible that four of the seven will be against Minnesota.
    This is the best year for that to be the case in Wisconsin's perspective. The eye test doesn't lie and trying to be as objective as I can about it...Minnesota just isn't that good.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      This is the best year for that to be the case in Wisconsin's perspective. The eye test doesn't lie and trying to be as objective as I can about it...Minnesota just isn't that good.
      UW and UM played two one-goal games back in October, one going OT. Everybody in the top 4, or 6, or 8 in the Pairwise has shown they can lose to pretty much anybody on any given night. And we're rapidly approaching the part of the year when one bad night finishes the year. Minnesota is plenty good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        Does that/will that make any difference?
        Gee, let me see if I can remember a BC being #1 recently and how that worked out . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          Gee, let me see if I can remember a BC being #1 recently and how that worked out . . .
          I don't think you're getting robertearle's point (i.e., location trumps seeding).
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            I don't think you're getting robertearle's point (i.e., location trumps seeding).
            I guess I did, so you mean that where the WCHA plays affects them winning a national championship

Comment

I guess I did, so you mean that where the WCHA plays affects them winning a national championship
              No. Nevermind.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Maybe just where they eat, especially if they're in Boston for the championship? Just ask a former Minnesota goalie.
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  (Bob Kostas would want me to point out that nobody "controls their own destiny". By definition. It is their destiny; It cannot be controlled.)
                  But their future is ahead of them!
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    But their future is ahead of them!
                    Well, unless you're Marty McFly and your future is all behind you now.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                      Well, unless you're Marty McFly and your future is all behind you now.
                      You guys need to watch Dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                        I second that...Good show.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Random thoughts. Gophers looked out of gas in the 3rd period (maybe most of the 2nd, too). Having an extra week off was evidently not a good thing. Don't ever remember them having that many icings in a game. Things seemed to go downhill after the third time in the 1st period that the cameraman showed the "three (Gopher) amigos" in the crowd, or the "usual suspects" depending on your point of view. Badgers were buzzing for the last 2 periods and never looked tired at all.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-16-2018, 09:51 PM. Reason: Playing the 4th line might help.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            I had never heard of the program, but it sounds interesting. I read about it on Wikipedia. Is the 19th century Austrian physicist Christian Doppler an ancestor to the Doppler family? Don't think he ever worked on time travel or wormholes though.

Comment

I guess you all weren't sandbagging after all.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I guess you all weren't sandbagging after all.
                                Not since '65 and '69 when the river was threatening downtown St Paul and rising up over Shepard Road. Lot of sandbagging going on then. After the sandbagging it was fun canoeing around Holman Field airport though which was completely under water. Or maybe you meant something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X