Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

GOPHER OLYMPIANS MEDIA TOUR REWIND

Fun tweets and fun times celebrating their gold medals!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...gn=GopherDaily
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      I suspect that Gopher men's hockey fans are going to be disappointed if they think that a new coach will mean being in the NCAA tournament every year and a championship more than once a decade.
      Come on now. The next thing you're going to tell me is that a new coach won't mean Mariucci is sold out every night again, every game (including non-conference road games) won't be on tv at precisely 7pm every Friday and Saturday, and the Gophers won't magically be transported back into the old WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        ... we had just decided 2 days ago to not renew the men's tickets for next year. Getting too old to go to both and we enjoy the women's games more.
        I suppose this means you won't be crawling over us in the middle of the games on your way to the men's game any more (assuming you are in row 8 with me). Good choice on which tickets to keep, though. I haven't been to men's games since the women started - 21 years - so I have not seen Don on the Gopher bench at all.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
          I suppose this means you won't be crawling over us in the middle of the games on your way to the men's game any more (assuming you are in row 8 with me). Good choice on which tickets to keep, though. I haven't been to men's games since the women started - 21 years - so I have not seen Don on the Gopher bench at all.
          No crawling over anyone by us. We've always had 2 seats at the beginning of a row, but actually haven't sat there for awhile preferring the bench seats instead. If there is a conflict with the women's game we either have sold the men's tickets to a friend or relative or in a few cases given them to someone who has never been to a game at Mariucci.
          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-21-2018, 06:10 PM. Reason: No more let's watch two, to paraphrase Mr Cub.
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Just received an e-mail from Gopher fan relations that Don Lucia has stepped down as head coach. Since I've never posted or read anything on the men's fan forum despite along with my late brother and now my wife having been season ticket holders for over 25 years thought I'd post the news here. Kind of ironic because we had just decided 2 days ago to not renew the men's tickets for next year. Getting too old to go to both and we enjoy the women's games more.
            Bob Motzko auditioned for the Gopher job this afternoon & looks like a shoe in given the results

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              Bob Motzko auditioned for the Gopher job this afternoon & looks like a shoe in given the results
              I don't have to check the score then, Air Force won.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                Must have been a phone or video interview since he was in SD getting ready for his team to play today....and loose in the first round....again.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  Must have been a phone or video interview since he was in SD getting ready for his team to play today....and loose in the first round....again.
                  That's why he joked about it being an audition, not an interview.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    That's why he joked about it being an audition, not an interview.
                    It's been a long week so I guess my reading skills are on "weekend mode." Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      My wife will be ecstatic, if he's hired, since she's been saying she wished he would replace Don Lucia for the past 2 years. I think he'd be fine, okay, maybe more than that. Hopefully, he'll give the team the energy boost they need and maybe an also needed kick in the breezers at times, too.
                      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-23-2018, 08:08 PM. Reason: Huh, all she just said was "Oh?"

Comment

They didn't look loose to me

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          They didn't look loose to me
                          I said it's been a long week. Not only my reading but my typing has also taken a backseat to my mental fatigue.

Comment

I said it's been a long week. Not only my reading but my typing has also taken a backseat to my mental fatigue.
                            Not having watched the game I thought maybe you were referring to some of the St Cloud player's having loose breezers. It's difficult to skate if you're having to pull up your breezers all the time.

So I wonder if any of the St Cloud players heard rumors before the game with Air Force that their coach might be going to Minnesota? The #16 defeating the #1 seed hasn't happened since...oh, holy cow I just can't remember.

Comment

The #16 defeating the #1 seed hasn't happened since...oh, holy cow I just can't remember.
                              Oh, holy crusaders I'd just as soon forget!
                              They did say on the telecast today that over the years St. Cloud has been to the tournament 13 times but has lost their first game 9 of those times.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                                You should take some time off to regain your strength, 6-8 months for a start

Comment

Working...
                                X