Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Interesting that Olivia Knowles has scored her second own-goal of the season.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Maybe the Gophers should forgo playing at home and just play on the road for the remainder of the year.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Folks, if you're saying that you're ignoring him and then continue to comment on him...You're not really ignoring him are you?
        It is important to warn others.

Comment

That was a depressing game in every conceivable way. There was a palpable lack of effort, possibly the worst they've played in the eight years I've been following this team; if someone told me that the whole team had salmonella poisoning, I wouldn't be surprised. Lindsey Agnew absolutely deserved to be tossed out for checking from behind; it was a brutal play against a player who was not only facing the other way, but was bent over such that she hit the boards with the top of her head. And my guess is that Kippin Keller, one of the only players who I thought played hard last night, is done for the year, given the way she was carried off the ice.

Hopefully things are better today.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            That was a depressing game in every conceivable way. There was a palpable lack of effort, possibly the worst they've played in the eight years I've been following this team; if someone told me that the whole team had salmonella poisoning, I wouldn't be surprised. Lindsey Agnew absolutely deserved to be tossed out for checking from behind; it was a brutal play against a player who was not only facing the other way, but was bent over such that she hit the boards with the top of her head. And my guess is that Kippin Keller, one of the only players who I thought played hard last night, is done for the year, given the way she was carried off the ice.

For me it's five years. Hopefully things are better today.

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            I suppose the glass half full crowd will explain this away but honestly...There is no excuse for the performance of Minnesota so far tonight.
            One good thing is I the players on the visitors bench really enjoyed themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Maybe the Gophers should forgo playing at home and just play on the road for the remainder of the year.
              We have larger issues than home and away. What is Frost doing? A once proud program that top players dreamed about playing for is becoming a laughing stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
                We have larger issues than home and away. What is Frost doing? A once proud program that top players dreamed about playing for is becoming a laughing stock.
                The team is experiencing what most other "regular" teams go through during any given season, and some of the Gopher (un)faithful are hitting the panic button. I love it. Welcome to the real world Gopher fans!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  The team is experiencing what most other "regular" teams go through during any given season, and some of the Gopher (un)faithful are hitting the panic button. I love it. Welcome to the real world Gopher fans!
                  It's more that perpetual whiners will whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post

I'm very interested to see how they perform today. There seemed to be an element of delusion in the team in how hard they didn't come out and play yesterday. They'd had a month off to heal and rest and gear up for the second half of the season. I thought they started to play hard when Agnew committed the major penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                      I bet if we search hard enough we can still find a top young player out there that wants to play for the Gophers

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                        a laughing stock? OMG, get real. Next season we get both Pannek and Potomak back. Last year Kelly led the nation in scoring and Sarah was the nations leading scorer among Sophs & #7 overall. And we'll also have Sarah's little sister joining the team as well, along with quite a few of the most promising recruits. We could potentially have the #1 scoring Sr, Jr, So & Fr in the nation next year? Or close to it, as that little scoring duo for BC might not let that happen, or it could be that they are only doing as well as they are because all the good players are on Olympic teams?

Point being, Frost is fine, more than fine in fact. And we are STILL a proud program, and should be for at least another 3 years, until the next Olympic year, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
                          A once proud program that top players dreamed about playing for is becoming a laughing stock.
                          That might be the most ridiculous comment ever posted here, that is one heck of an accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            That might be the most ridiculous comment ever posted here, that is one heck of an accomplishment.
                            It’s up there. I honestly can’t understand those comments. Frost is a very good coach, class act who is very well respected. It takes all kinds.

Comment

At least our recruiting prospects must have improved immeasurably during that third period.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                At least our recruiting prospects must have improved immeasurably during that third period.

hahaha...that's a pretty good one, ARM

Comment

Working...
                                X