Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Why isn't it? I'm sick, I see a doctor, doctor does his/her thing. Where I do that is my choice, be it an office, an urgent care, a clinic (free or otherwise) or the ER.

Paying for it is another issue entirely.
    Serious? If you're going to the emergency room for health care that usually means you've let something go. Now you have something worse than you might have had. It's classic have and have nots. Which, since Reagan, is exactly the Republican/Rush_Conservative platform.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Serious? If you're going to the emergency room for health care that usually means you've let something go. Now you have something worse than you might have had. It's classic have and have nots. Which, since Reagan, is exactly the Republican/Rush_Conservative platform.
      We're talking Klingon/English here. I am not disagreeing with you 100%. Our health system is FUBAR. How to fix it will occupy many for much time. It cannot be fixed by a stroke of a pen. It needs to be torn down and rebuilt with money not as the focus but on the wellbeing and dignity of the patient. And that will need a revolution to accomplish.

You're forcing people to see the doctor. I'm saying it's a matter of personal choice, no matter what the system.

The same should be for PCPs. Obviously they need to see some patients to put bread on the table. But how many should be their choice.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It cannot be fixed by a stroke of a pen.
        Actually it could.

Comment

I can't believe that Vladimir really said this. From today's Telegraph

JUNE 2017 • 12:22PM
          Russian president Vladimir Putin has been taking questions from audience members and social media users in his latest edition of "A Direct Line With Putin," a programme where voters ostensibly are allowed to grill their leader on key issues.

The stand-out question, which was about US-Russia relations, yielded a provocative response from Mr Putin. He said Russia was prepared to grant former FBI director James Comey political asylumm as it did to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            whatever happens to trump, this nation is still going to be horribly divided and we're still in a terrible place. Everybody kept trying to say it isn't as bad as the 60s because there are no politicians and leaders dying. Well probably the only reason no one died in today's violence (so far) is because the particular politician that was targeted was high enough up on the food chain to warrant full scale protection. Had the capitol police not been around who knows what would have happened. And violence breeds violence. My guess is something like this will happen again, and soon. As was mentioned here by others why leak the news today that trump is under investigation by Mueller? The news of the shooting, the news out of London (I'm SURE the trump people have been on their knees praying that was terrorism and not just a horrible landlord like trump), a perfect time to toss a curveball out there. I will put nothing out of reach of this administration right now as far as doing things to distract us. Just wait. Something big is in the wings. Big and ugly.
            Someone posted Ann Coulter's tweets. Read the responses- full of batsh1t crazies saying bring it on, you started it, we will finish it. She is a menace.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Civil War is sadly imminent, what with the legitimization of attacks, the desensitization of killing leaders, and the overall polarization.

Some believe the first shots were fired yesterday. It's entirely possible; after all, an assassination started WWI.
            INteresting that a few GOP pols have come out and said the rhetoric needs to be ratcheted back and people need to get a grip. Now if they could so something with the media feeding on keeping people riled....

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I can't believe that Vladimir really said this. From today's Telegraph
            Well, his puppet and syncophants didn't do so well declawing Comey so this is his attempt. He is way smarter than the puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              This is the one GOOD thing (so to speak) that Trump has done. He has shown us who we are. And it's very sad. And scary.
              Who is 'we'? All it has done for most of us has shown that we were absolutely correct in saying this was an awful idea, and that you were a child for thinking it wouldn't.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I need some help understanding the latest GOP reasoning and talking points. They are going after Trump for obstruction because they haven't been able to find proof of collusion. Except this is completely illogical. a) the investigation is not complete so if they haven't come out and told what has been found yet how does this mean there is nothing? If they are reeling in all the tentacles why would they tell people what they knew? b) if they are trying to investigate and the prez is attempting to actively impede the ongoing investigation might this not mean they are still trying to get to something and he was trying to stop them from getting there?

Unless the investigation is complete it doesn't mean they haven't found things, only we don't know. I know. Being a thinking, logical being is such a handicap when listening to the 'reasoning' of the current admin.

Comment

"Civil War" isn't happening as long as Americans have Netflix, video games, smartphones and air conditioning. Have the neglected infrastructure collapse and get back to me.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    I need some help understanding the latest GOP reasoning and talking points. They are going after Trump for obstruction because they haven't been able to find proof of collusion. Except this is completely illogical. a) the investigation is not complete so if they haven't come out and told what has been found yet how does this mean there is nothing? If they are reeling in all the tentacles why would they tell people what they knew? b) if they are trying to investigate and the prez is attempting to actively impede the ongoing investigation might this not mean they are still trying to get to something and he was trying to stop them from getting there?

Unless the investigation is complete it doesn't mean they haven't found things, only we don't know. I know. Being a thinking, logical being is such a handicap when listening to the 'reasoning' of the current admin.
                    They're trying to curtail the investigation by way of a premature dog-and-pony show. If they can get the public to say there's no evidence yet, they can then denounce the investigation as being about a whole lot of nothing once it concludes. That way they won't have to actually do anything with the information they're provided in Robert Mueller's final report.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      They really seem to like to ignore the whole concept of an investigation being in progress versus complete. That seemed to be one of their strategies during the Comey questioning, equating nothing be done to Hillary (after a year long investigation that was COMPLETE) versus people still asking questions about Trump (which of course should occur with an investigation still IN PROGRESS). It's all part of a strategy to mislead and confuse their followers, which is easier done that said.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Lets be honest, they arent doing anything with the information anyways. If Mueller finds it they will claim bias and if he gets fired and someone else finds proof they will brush it aside. They arent even hiding their strategy this all misdirection while they do what they are really trying to do (pass Health Care and Tax Reform) and you all are falling for it as is the media. This crap is going nowhere. Trump wont be charged, he wont be impeached (until after the midterms) and he definitely will never be removed. The Russia investigation is important so we know the truth, but you are being fleeced in the same way Trump voters are.

The Left needs to step away from this and fight the good fight on Health Care. (by that I mean speak of it on the news cause they cant stop the vote) The Senate's bill is so bad they wont even let it be talked about in public. There are reports that this isnt just a case of some Senators not reading it, but that the Gang of 13 wont even let them see it fully so they wont accidentally spill the beans. The Rules Committee was circumvented when Turtle Boy and his Women Haters banned reporters from interviewing Senators in the hallway of the Senate. (as Klobuchar said on Facebook) While you all parse out whether Jeff Sessions denied answering correctly the "Moderate Wing" of the GOP caved and agreed to the Medicaid cuts over 7 years. Turtle Boy handed to bill straight to CBO and they plan to vote while you all pretend that Trump is gonna be in trouble.

Forget Russia...focus on what is coming.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Civil War is sadly imminent, what with the legitimization of attacks, the desensitization of killing leaders, and the overall polarization.

Some believe the first shots were fired yesterday. It's entirely possible; after all, an assassination started WWI.
                          This is insane. If it was coming from anyone but Flag, I'd be worried.

20% of the country probably wants a Civil War: 15% from the right and 5% from the left. It would be nice to load them onto a rocket and shoot them into the sun, but short of that, just point and laugh and go about the business of living day to day.

Life is hard enough without a handful of unemployable, unloveable, unteachable people jerking themselves off to CW2 fantasies, but they'll always exist. The whole country should put them on Ignore.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Lets be honest, they arent doing anything with the information anyways. If Mueller finds it they will claim bias and if he gets fired and someone else finds proof they will brush it aside. They arent even hiding their strategy this all misdirection while they do what they are really trying to do (pass Health Care and Tax Reform) and you all are falling for it as is the media. This crap is going nowhere. Trump wont be charged, he wont be impeached (until after the midterms) and he definitely will never be removed. The Russia investigation is important so we know the truth, but you are being fleeced in the same way Trump voters are.

The Left needs to step away from this and fight the good fight on Health Care. (by that I mean speak of it on the news cause they cant stop the vote) The Senate's bill is so bad they wont even let it be talked about in public. There are reports that this isnt just a case of some Senators not reading it, but that the Gang of 13 wont even let them see it fully so they wont accidentally spill the beans. The Rules Committee was circumvented when Turtle Boy and his Women Haters banned reporters from interviewing Senators in the hallway of the Senate. (as Klobuchar said on Facebook) While you all parse out whether Jeff Sessions denied answering correctly the "Moderate Wing" of the GOP caved and agreed to the Medicaid cuts over 7 years. Turtle Boy handed to bill straight to CBO and they plan to vote while you all pretend that Trump is gonna be in trouble.

Forget Russia...focus on what is coming.
                            I have to disagree. Staying on Russia keeps everyone busy. If they RAM their healthcare bill through, so what? That's what the public wanted. If they don't want it maybe they'll hire some Democrats next time. And if they can't be bothered with that, let them eat cake.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I have to disagree. Staying on Russia keeps everyone busy. If they RAM their healthcare bill through, so what? That's what the public wanted. If they don't want it maybe they'll hire some Democrats next time. And if they can't be bothered with that, let them eat cake.
                              Advance on all fronts. Pressing on Russia undermines Trump and forces the GOP herd to defend him, which renders them vulnerable as more and more evidence comes out. Pressing on the issues keeps them from circling the wagons on stonewalling the investigation, and also prevents them from backdooring their horrifying policies. Pressing on the incompetence of the GOP to deliver any legislation drives a wedge between the Freedumbs, the Thursday Group, and the other orc conclaves. And holding Trump's feet to the fire provokes the kind of insane, snide explosions that GOP Members will get stuck in.

This needs to be a full court press. Picking up 20 House seats does no good, we need the majority to shut the terrorists down.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The left needs to stop their hateful and violent speech: http://politicaldig.com/right-wing-p...g-from-a-rope/

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X