Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    That's the story everyone has been selling the last few days, make it affordable, drive the costs down! They neglect to mention it will be affordable because nothing will be covered, but who has time for the details.
    And the deductibles will be crushing. Who's gonna buy insurance when you will need to spend half your income before the coverage kicks in?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Another question I want someone to answer- how do all these Christians (loosely used- I am pretty sure Jesus would smite most of them) reconcile the abandonment of vast numbers of our population as far as feeding the poor, caring for the sick? Pence is so "Christian" he can't talk to a woman without his wife but he can encourage people to support a measure that will screw those Jesus tells him to care for.
      Christians in this country don't care about any of that. Doing good deeds, feeding the poor? Pshaw!

All Christians care about is kicking down on the icky gays, and punishing women who have sex out of wedlock. Other women, not them, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        LOL.

Good candidates since 1984.

Bill Clinton
        Barack Obama
        Outsiders.

Bad.

Mondale.
        Dukakis
        Gore
        Kerry
        Mrs. Clinton
        Washington establishment.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Outsiders.

Washington establishment.
          It's all about the Charisma score. That's how life works.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Christians in this country don't care about any of that. Doing good deeds, feeding the poor? Pshaw!

All Christians care about is kicking down on the icky gays, and punishing women who have sex out of wedlock. Other women, not them, of course.
            They dont mind the women (or men) they are banging out of wedlock
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              They dont mind the women (or men) they are banging out of wedlock
              It's ok for me, but not for thee.

The story of so much of our political discourse today. And of course, there's always the related corollary of "Why do the poor, the immigrants, and the black folks get all the good government benefits that I can't get?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U
              Last edited by rufus; 06-27-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                if healthy peeps can buy cheap-o pennies insurance that they will never make a claim upon, yeah
                No- these are the people they are telling that they don't need to waste their $$, they can skip getting insurance because that is personal choice (until they are in a car wreck and leech off society for the rest of their lives because they have no insurance and end up vegetables)

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                It's a Facebook App. That's not going to reach Ma and Pa Kettle. To inform them you need a PowerPoint presentation at a MegaChurch, and they still won't believe it unless the pastor tells them Baby Jesus Sez So.

McConnell must have been well and truly f-cked to delay, because facing the constituents without a win was the last thing his troops wanted. I almost see a glimmer of hope for the republic if we can keep on pushing his O line back and forcing him to punt. We can't seem to move the ball, we're not even sending in plays, but we're still winning a grinding battle of field position.

Some credit to Schumer, too. This could have gotten out of control but he's handling his caucus just right.
                Nope- they did this with the House and then found out what each of the naysayers were willing to sell their souls for. Other than Susan COllins I bet they all will have something they will sell to the Devil for

And the deductibles will be crushing. Who's gonna buy insurance when you will need to spend half your income before the coverage kicks in?
                ANd if you drop it they have the sneaky clause that doesn't let you get insurance for 6 months to punish you. Talking out of both sides of their mouth (surprise!1!1!!) on one hand they tell people the reward is not having to get insurance and then punish them if they follow thru

Comment

Heller (up for reelection in 2018) and Collins would make it where Pence has to rent an office to pass it. The rest will get token additions next week and it'll pass.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Collins will end up voting for it, mark my word. She's all talk, but toes the party line every time when push comes to shove.

The only way she'll vote against it is if they have the yes votes assured, and Tudor the Turtle tells her it's ok for her to.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      They need someone like you to bring the message of hope, Scooby.
                      Sweet Jesus.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If MMHC does not pass, is Myopic Mitch out of a job?

He's the GOP's Pelosi. You hate him, but realize he's keeping your base aroused and the checks keep flowing.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It's all about the Charisma score. That's how politics works.
                          FYP.

There are areas of life where charisma matters less. But in politics, especially presidential politics, the candidate with the higher charisma score always trumps wisdom and intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            FYP.

There are areas of life where charisma matters less. But in politics, especially presidential politics, the candidate with the higher charisma score always trumps wisdom and intelligence.
                            These words should not be in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              FYP.

No, there really isn't. It's the most important thing. If you choose any score to be higher always pick Charisma.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No, there really isn't. It's the most important thing. If you choose any score to be higher always pick Charisma.
                                No thanks. I'll pick intelligence and not have to depend on other people's opinion of me to get ahead.

Second I'll pick rich parents.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X