Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This is insane. If it was coming from anyone but Flag, I'd be worried.

20% of the country probably wants a Civil War: 15% from the right and 5% from the left. It would be nice to load them onto a rocket and shoot them into the sun, but short of that, just point and laugh and go about the business of living day to day.

Life is hard enough without a handful of unemployable, unloveable, unteachable people jerking themselves off to CW2 fantasies, but they'll always exist. The whole country should put them on Ignore.
    20% is even an outrageous number. It is probably closer to 2%(if that), with a 1 and 1% equal amount of crazy for both sides. Like the other poster said, "as long as Americans have Netflix, video games, smartphones and air conditioning" The media on both sides blows up the crazy, it is good for ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
      I'm curious about the hammer destruction charge...
      Destruction of a hard drive (of which a phone could be substituted) after use is actually one of a few standard operating procedures mandated by the Department of Defense; per the memorandum circulated June 1, 2001 throughout the Department of Defense as a whole.

Specifically the: Disposition of Unclassified DoD Computer Hard Drives, Specifications for Sanitization of Hard Drives
      Paragraph 4.1
      Last edited by aparch; 06-15-2017, 05:00 PM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Obviously Devos and the feds won't be following through with anything tuition related, so it's nice to see some of the state schools are doing it on their own.

University of Michigan will provide free tuition for students from <65k families.

Not the 85k to 125k plan Hillary had, but it's a start. I hope MSU follows through with something similar soon.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Jefferson Beauretard definitely perjured himself again...

Comment

Pence lawyers up.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              main stream methane!!! you fool
              MazdaSpeed Miata. Late NB model with a factory turbo. Yummy.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Civil War is sadly imminent, what with the legitimization of attacks, the desensitization of killing leaders, and the overall polarization.

Some believe the first shots were fired yesterday. It's entirely possible; after all, an assassination started WWI.
                Why wouldn't the ones that hit Gabby Giffords be considered the first shots?

It's not always all about your personal narrative snowflake.
                I went home with a waitress the way I always do
                How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                  Why wouldn't the ones that hit Gabby Giffords be considered the first shots?

It's not always all about your personal narrative snowflake.
                  Really. This is what they've been dreaming about, with all their rhetoric about "2nd Amendment solutions" and "another Civil War", the whole sovereign citizen thing, and the Bundy occupation. Now that it's circled back around on them, and they discover that this kind of talk could also inspire nutjobs on the left, they're all aghast and crying innocence, and saying it's the left who has to tone down the political rhetoric.

Reap the whirlwind, muthafu%%ers. This is what you've been screaming for for the entire Obama administration.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Oh good Lord. My knuckle dragging friend from Nevada is posting some crazy a55 sh1t. First Ann Coulter then this doozy- Democrat Leadership Is Responsible For The Violence From The Left- Loretta Lynch Calls For More Blood On The Streets. THis man has 2 degrees and no common sense. So, so sad.

Comment

Nate Scott‏Verified account @aNateScott 2h2 hours ago

Oh my god. Ted Cruz just came to shake hands with a group of HS interns, and one of them turned to his friend and said "the Zodiac killer!"
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So it looks an awful lot like Trump leaned on Rod Rosenstein and the DoJ to release a statement saying he's not under investigation because Rosenstein just sent out a bizarre press release saying, "Welllllllllll, you know you can't always believe everything you read these days."

I can't imagine that effort is going to make Der Fuhrer too happy. Tomorrow is Friday. I have a feeling Mueller and Rosenstein are fired in the afternoon.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

This is insane. If it was coming from anyone but Flag, I'd be worried.

20% of the country probably wants a Civil War: 15% from the right and 5% from the left. It would be nice to load them onto a rocket and shoot them into the sun, but short of that, just point and laugh and go about the business of living day to day.

Life is hard enough without a handful of unemployable, unloveable, unteachable people jerking themselves off to CW2 fantasies, but they'll always exist. The whole country should put them on Ignore.
                          You're forgetting something huge Kep. Wars don't start only because a majority of the population wants one. We may appear to be more advanced in some ways than we were in 1914, but even over a hundred years later sometimes historians sit back and scratch their heads when they think about how WW1 came to be. If 20% of this country wants a civil war it can most definitely happen. In fact it can happen if the wrong 5% want to bring it about. It may be easier to bring about a foreign war than a civil war under these kinds of conditions, but don't think for one minute it would take 90% of the population going bat poop crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            You're forgetting something huge Kep. Wars don't start only because a majority of the population wants one. We may appear to be more advanced in some ways than we were in 1914, but even over a hundred years later sometimes historians sit back and scratch their heads when they think about how WW1 came to be. If 20% of this country wants a civil war it can most definitely happen. In fact it can happen if the wrong 5% want to bring it about. It may be easier to bring about a foreign war than a civil war under these kinds of conditions, but don't think for one minute it would take 90% of the population going bat poop crazy.
                            All the pieces are in place for something like "The Troubles," with sporadic acts of violence answered by retaliation from the other side. Add in that it genuinely appears the GOP would not care, provided it resulted in a superior electoral position for them, and it's a very dangerous time. Cornered animals are often vicious, and we're watching the entire Hate Edifice that the right has painstakingly built over the last 23 years crumbling. There are a lot of Bundys out there.

The important thing is not to start down that road. This confrontation has been a long time coming -- arguably, since 1865, since it's the same actors and many of the same motivations. The delusional, mentally and morally impoverished order of the South and Midwest, built on violence and ignorance, inexorably fails in the economic and social marketplace and retreats into authoritarian militancy to lick its wounds. As it becomes resentful and petulant the rest of the world ignores it and surpasses it, until finally their childish fury boils over into actual armed revolt.

And then they lose. Really, really badly.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The GOP has had a chokehold on our government for 5 months and they've done doodly-squat. Chump's follies are a big part of that.

If your only measure is removal you have to wait for 2019 at the earliest, and far more likely January 2021. I'm talking about the real effect, which is to cut off the power to the GOP and freeze their sick agenda. That's the only practical change we can make in the world for the next 1.5 years. Let's keep doing that. It's working.
                              Done diddly squat? The House passed the ACHA and the Senate is about to pass an even worse one. They are about to boot millions off insurance and screw everyone on Medicaid. But yeah...diddly squat.

I think you cant see the forest from the trees man...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Done diddly squat? The House passed the ACHA and the Senate is about to pass an even worse one. They are about to boot millions off insurance and screw everyone on Medicaid. But yeah...diddly squat.

I think you cant see the forest from the trees man...
                                It has not happened yet. As of right now they have done zippo on health care.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X