Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Bullcrap.
    Both changed the rules to ramrod what they wanted through (and in the process stick it up the < bleep > of the other side).
    There's no altruism in what either did. None.

Your problem is you believe what happens in DC is going on for the benefit of "country".
    It's all about Party, accumulation of power, and winning, winning, winning.
    And that's no matter who's in power at the time.

And I'm not a centrist; I'm a cynic.
    No, you're not. You're a self-deluded Fark Independent(tm) who carries water for the lazy man's argument that both sides are bad (so vote Republican).

They're not. And I'm getting sick of people like you claiming they are because you look at a paper cut and an amputation and think they're the same farking thing, never mind the paper cut was caused by a diploma while the amputation was done by Lizzy Borden.
    Last edited by unofan; 06-23-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      No, you're not. You're a self-deluded Fark Independent(tm) who carries water for the lazy man's argument that both sides are bad (so vote Republican).
      It's not the lazy man's argument. It's the honest argument. The parties have all become Party First.
      And, I voted for both Hoeven (R) and Heitkamp (D) in this State. But keep spinning your narrative.

Meanwhile, somewhere near Omaha, a proud day for Nebraska Democrats.
      http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Dem...430264033.html
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It's not the lazy man's argument. It's the honest argument. The parties have all become Party First.
        And, I voted for both Hoeven (R) and Heitkamp (D) in this State. But keep spinning your narrative.

Your patten here is to disappear for a few weeks, come back and defend whatever trump is doing, and leave again. I'm dying to know- what prompts you coming back?

Comment

it's not an honest argument, it's a lazy argument. You don't have to put any thought into it, you just have to sit back and throw shiat at everyone else because they're all bad.

You're worse than flaggy in many respects, because he at least has convictions and goes with them, as insane as they are. You just want to stir the pot, and it just so happens it all goes in one direction.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

They're not. And I'm getting sick of people like you claiming they are because you look at a paper cut and an amputation and think they're the same farking thing, never mind the paper cut was caused by a diploma while the amputation was done by Lizzy Borden.
            Misogynist.

Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Your patten here is to disappear for a few weeks, come back and defend whatever trump is doing, and leave again. I'm dying to know- what prompts you coming back?
              I work.
              I go on the road for work.
              South Texas was pretty warm last week.

Thanks for your concern.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I do not think Sic is a troll at all. I think he's definitely a Republican given the tenor of his comments here going back years, but plenty of Rs and Ds think of themselves as Independent only waiting for the right candidate to come along. I kidded myself like that for a decade, too. I really believed it.

But there are no Independents. Especially now, when one party is in the center and the other is out beyond the Kuiper Belt on the deranged right.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I work.
                  I go on the road for work.
                  South Texas was pretty warm last week.

Thanks for your concern.
                  You're welcome.
                  I was genuinely curious. I used to travel each week and had similar patterns

Comment

Any time his statements are transcribed my brain is exhausted by the end trying to rework it into a comprehensible phrase.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Pick your issue: abortion, guns, yadda-yadda-yadda.

One issue voters are the norm. Welcome to America.
                      I think I only know four or five one-issue voters. Unless you consider incurable incompetence as an issue.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Misogynist.

Every time I hit page down I laughed a little harder.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Republicans blocked President Obama from telling the public about Russian actions to help Trump

Donald Trump asks the question frequently, and always with a sneer: If President Barack Obama knew that Vladimir Putin had intervened in the United States’ election with the direct intention of helping Trump, why did Obama wait so long to say anything? The answer detailed in a new story from the Washington Post turns out to be simple: First, Obama was trying to do the right things. Second, Republicans stopped that from happening.

As former Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson testified earlier this week, the Russian activity in the election went beyond just hacking into emails, beyond distributing those emails through Wikileaks, and beyond creating a stream of fake-news stories that were eagerly shared by alt-right websites and social media. Russia took unprecedented “active measures,” attempting to penetrate state databases and alter or delete voter roles.

It was tantamount a secret declaration of war by Russia, and the Obama administration treated it the security and care that it deserved.
                          Early last August, an envelope with extraordinary handling restrictions arrived at the White House. Sent by courier from the CIA, it carried “eyes only” instructions that its contents be shown to just four people: President Barack Obama and three senior aides. …

The material was so sensitive that CIA Director John Brennan kept it out of the President’s Daily Brief, concerned that even that restricted report’s distribution was too broad. The CIA package came with instructions that it be returned immediately after it was read. To guard against leaks, subsequent meetings in the Situation Room followed the same protocols as planning sessions for the Osama bin Laden raid.

The intelligence captured Putin’s specific instructions on the operation’s audacious objectives — defeat or at least damage the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton, and help elect her opponent, Donald Trump.

It took time for other parts of the intelligence community to endorse the CIA’s view. Only in the administration’s final weeks in office did it tell the public, in a declassified report, what officials had learned from Brennan in August — that Putin was working to elect Trump.

Obama instructed aides to ... seek bipartisan support from congressional leaders for a statement condemning Moscow and urging states to accept federal help.

Brian Kemp, the Republican secretary of state of Georgia, used the call to denounce Johnson’s proposal as an assault on state rights. “I think it was a politically calculated move by the previous administration,” Kemp said in a recent interview, adding that he remains unconvinced that Russia waged a campaign to disrupt the 2016 race. “I don’t necessarily believe that,” he said.

“The Dems were, ‘Hey, we have to tell the public,’ ” recalled one participant. But Republicans resisted, arguing that to warn the public that the election was under attack would further Russia’s aim of sapping confidence in the system.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) went further, officials said, voicing skepticism that the underlying intelligence truly supported the White House’s claims. Through a spokeswoman, McConnell declined to comment, citing the secrecy of that meeting.
                          Fake news.

Comment

Flynn cleared

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/fbi-cle...him-to-russia/
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Hmm. The Post? I think I'll wait a bit.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I do not think Sic is a troll at all. I think he's definitely a Republican given the tenor of his comments here going back years, but plenty of Rs and Ds think of themselves as Independent only waiting for the right candidate to come along.
                                I agree. I'm sure he and I disagree on most things political, but he's saying what he thinks, and he does have a good fund of knowledge to draw from.

NoDaks usually have such superior analytical skills; I don't know what happened there.

Comment

Working...
                                X