Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    And shockingly, you believe it was improper while the majority of people in the article you cited for support say it wasn't.
    And I worked in a national laboratory where everything was classified. So yeah, I am very close to the vest in my viewing of these matters.

I was so paranoid about a misstep I wouldn't tell anyone outside of work what was on the next day's lunch menu there.

PS -
    Bharara, Kitrosser, and "several (unnamed) law professors" said it was fine in the article. In lack of "several" names, we can only cite two. The others like Greene, Shane, Griffin, and Amann commented on side issues or danced on the head of a pin, taking a qualified stance about what specifically was the conversation about, but shaded to fine under the assumption there was nothing classified discussed or disclosed. The majority named in that article (Sekulow, Kasowitz, Turley, Jarrett) with an unqualified stance said it was a problem. And yes, those four are all Trump hacks. Politifact did a good job writing that up.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-22-2017, 05:40 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      And I worked in a national laboratory where everything was classified. So yeah, I am very close to the vest in my viewing of these matters.

I was so paranoid about a misstep I wouldn't tell anyone outside of work what was on the next day's lunch menu there.
      Every licensed attorney in the country has a duty of confidentiality. They know about this stuff too

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        But they can't. The Repubs will call them on it every time, and the Democrats will meekly concede and apologize, furthering their perceived image as ball-less milquetoasts.

Democrats need to fight back against every Republican lie, and fight back hard. Not just say, "wrong' or go off on some ten minute technobabble discussion about why it's wrong, but in short succint phrases, demonstrate the lie, and then explain in words even a fifth grader can understand, the effects of the specific Republican policy on the people they're speaking to.
        THe GOP success comes from an old marketing ploy of labeling something and pounding away at it so it seems real. I don't see this as working with Dems. They can't stick on message and are much more likely to look at the grey areas.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        That's entirely dependent upon what stories they were covering. If 90% of the stories were on the size of the man's hands, then negative commentary is moot. If they had 90% of those stories based upon statements made by Trump, and later how he broke a promise, walked back on a prior assertion with his customary I've always supported..., or talking about how he's taking claim for successes that were actually wrought under prior administrations - going all the way back to the Clinton years, then we can start to look at news stories of substance.

What positives things has Trump done since being in office? What "good" stories are there that he can claim as a verified legislative or diplomatic accomplishment??
        No one answered this question. I wonder why?

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        FTFA: Several law professors told us there are no laws prohibiting Comey from sharing conversations he had with Trump in an unclassified manner.

But keep moving those goalposts, you totally not Trump supporter.
        THis made me wonder- Did Sessions ever provide proof for his 'policy' that he was asked for when he refused to answer questions? I really wish someone would pursue that.

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Beg to differ, Sic. I think you often fairly point out inconsistencies in the way we libturds think, but not on this one. The RWNJs were screaming things like death squads and fake birth certificates--things that were frequently complete and total fabrications. It was loud, and there were lots of screamers, including the party's vice presidential candidate. The Left is loud now for reasons that even some of the highest ranking members of the Rep party agree with: this guy is categorically and historically unfit. The lies he is accused of are not dug out of the gossip heap--they are his own public declarations. Weekly, if not daily. He is a gusher of falsity. His level of immaturity is . . . well, shocking. He doesn't read and prefers to get his information from media broadcasts. I didn't like Bush II, but I was respectful in that dislike. This guy is pure clown, and it scares people, as it should. And they should be loud about it.

People on the right did not want OBama and were loud about it, as is their right. That was their response to his election. But the SUBSTANCE that elicits the response from the left now (and many mainstream republicans) is different in kind from that which elicited the response 8 years ago.

That is this libturd's view of it, at any rate.
        THIS!!1!!1!!

Comment

Tim Ryan is stealing my bit. He's right, too. His appeal is that he speaks to people in his district not unlike trump does. The difference of course is he is talking about things that will actually help working people and bring us all together a little bit, and doesn't lie in every third sentence. If the democratic party is wise, they would listen to voices like Ryan's.

Comment

Loved the tweet this afternoon. First there was no Russians doing anything. Now Obama should have done something about it. How do people who support him manage to reconcile all of the things he contradicts himself on? I guess it is so important to blame Obama that they don't care what it is that is said. Sort of like a post-hypnotic suggestion. Hear 'Obama', instantly believe he is at fault, no matter what is said and feel righteous about it.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

People on the right did not want OBama and were loud about it, as is their right. That was their response to his election. But the SUBSTANCE that elicits the response from the left now (and many mainstream republicans) is different in kind from that which elicited the response 8 years ago.
              This is 100% accurate. And 100% of the people who voted for trump (as well as a couple here who swear on a stack they did not and don't support him now) will claim it is 100% false. I don't care how bad anyone claims it was in the 1960s, there has never been a time during my life where so many people are so fu ck ing misguided. I hope they're happy during the next civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Loved the tweet this afternoon. First there was no Russians doing anything. Now Obama should have done something about it. How do people who support him manage to reconcile all of the things he contradicts himself on? I guess it is so important to blame Obama that they don't care what it is that is said. Sort of like a post-hypnotic suggestion. Hear 'Obama', instantly believe he is at fault, no matter what is said and feel righteous about it.
                trump supporters and trump apologists (you know, the ones who claim to not support him yet defend his actions with every last false equivalency they can lay their hands on) don't need to reconcile it. Half of them aren't smart enough to realize all the times one of trump's lies contradicts another one of his lies. The other half doesn't care because the worst of what appeals to them about trump is why they voted for him.

Comment

Listening to the proposed healthcare 'reform' (curious word to use, but they are using it). Part of me thinks this is good for a Darwin award. The number of people who live in red states who will be screwed and end up with no health care is pretty high. Just think- no coverage for chronic illnesses, pre-existing conditions, pregnancy and birth control. poor outcomes, ERs inundated, increased deaths. Scoooore! The very bad, nonChristian-like side of me wants to see this pass so they can be royally screwed but unfortunately the rest of the people will suffer too.

As I listened to the radio this morning I realized I am experiencing the same feeling I used to when treating a chronic, actively drinking patient with alcoholic hepatitis. In the exam room with the patient- glow in the dark yellow, belly so distended with ascites they can't button their pants and are having trouble breathing. Trying to reason with them and having them still argue alcohol is not the problem. At some point it becomes too painful and you stop trying to really reach the patient because they aren't ready to hear it, even as they are brilliant yellow, can't breath and are going to die. Talking politics to people who need to believe the country is OK is just about the same. The difference? You can leave the patient's room, say a prayer and leave it to God because they aren't living with you. Can't leave the country, have to watch the country self destruct and there is nothing that you can do to stop people from perpetrating the disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Yup.
                    And that sword too has two sharp edges, like the oft repeated claim by POTUS44: "If you like your plan you can keep your plan."
                    Anyone paying attention knew that all plans had to change to meet the new mandatory requirements. No one was keeping a plan as-is.

Both sides are lying to the American people. (Commence the "but they lie more!" bluster here.)
                    Climate Denial.
                    Trickle Down Denial.

Please give me ONE Democratic equivalent.

As far as the Obama quote goes, all the plans change all the time. They change every year. I've never had a year where there hasn't been a health care change in the last 20.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.c6c2e5830d0a

Trump breaks yet another law. When will it matter?
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.c6c2e5830d0a

Trump breaks yet another law. When will it matter?
                        Won't let me read it/ What did he do now?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Won't let me read it/ What did he do now?
                          His tweet about the non-existent Comey tape.

The federal criminal code states that a person who “knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding” has committed a federal offense punishable by up to 20 years in prison. (Constitutional lawyer Larry Tribe also points me to the federal statute that prohibits sending a “threatening letter or communication” that “endeavors to influence … the due administration of justice.”)

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            His tweet about the non-existent Comey tape.
                            oops. Can he be sued in civil court for defamation of character, etc while he is prez?

Comment

This is a new low, even for Trump

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...green_bad.html
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Each dose of idiocy immunizes him against something fatal.

Comment

Working...
                                X