Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Sorry, I slipped up. The lack of logic was so glaring I couldn't help myself. I will do better.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Flaggy is our village idiot, and though he is eternally frustrating in his ignorance and gullibility, we would probably stand up for him if neighboring villagers tried to bully him. He's also useful as an example of the kind of person who can simultaneously believe that Sandy Hook never happened and that Ping Pong Pizza did.
      "We threw rocks at him when we were nine
      He stared us down, with the pride of Frankenstein"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ud6NDUpZqI
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That's what alcohol is for.
        Cheers- sipping a glass of 3 star Ron Barrilito today. Preparation for travel to Puerto Rico soon.

Will to Don Q tomorrow.

Comment

Someday there will be a trump supporter who has been persuaded to see the truth. Maybe reading this will turn a few around, I don't know. Don't laugh, after 108 years the Cubs actually won a World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            Someday there will be a trump supporter who has been persuaded to see the truth. Maybe reading this will turn a few around, I don't know. Don't laugh, after 108 years the Cubs actually won a World Series.
            Infowars says they didn't.

So there you go.

Comment

The left had been clamoring for the Fairness Doctrine for a while. Well, they got it in a recent WH Press briefing, and guess the reaction of the Charlatan News Network... https://www.infowars.com/cnns-jim-ac...rvative-media/

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Infowars says they didn't.

So there you go.
                Just because Infowars sticks to political news doesn't mean it didn't happen. Also, do you recall any of the claims that the Indians should have won the World Series because they scored more runs in the aggregate? Reminds me of another argument...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Just because Infowars sticks to political news doesn't mean it didn't happen. Also, do you recall any of the claims that the Indians should have won the World Series because they scored more runs in the aggregate? Reminds me of another argument...
                  I remember Sica making this stupid analogy too, two peas in a pod
                  Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-21-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I wanna bite the hand that feeds me
                    I wanna bite that hand so badly
                    I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Say goodbye to science at the EPA.

http://www.startribune.com/trump-wil...nel/429716393/

The Trump administration is remaking a key scientific advisory committee at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, according to an e-mail sent Monday to its members, including two at the University of Minnesota.

The committee was told that, contrary to past practice, members would have to reapply for their positions when their terms expire — a step that caused many in the scientific community to worry that EPA Commissioner Scott Pruitt will place industry interests ahead of science.

“They are wiping it clean and repopulating it with their own selection of people,” said Deborah Swackhamer, a U professor emeritus who chairs the advisory board. “It’s very concerning.”
                      Suckers.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Say goodbye to science at the EPA.

http://www.startribune.com/trump-wil...nel/429716393/

Suckers.
                        Worry that Pruit will place industry ahead of science? They can't be that naive to just worry. Done deal. All of Washington is for sale to the highest bidder or the one who licks Trump the hardest. So utterly embarrassing there are Americans who still are too stupid to figure out they are being sold down the river. Proud to be an American- the slogan for sheople.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Worry that Pruit will place industry ahead of science? They can't be that naive to just worry. Done deal. All of Washington is for sale to the highest bidder or the one who licks Trump the hardest. So utterly embarrassing there are Americans who still are too stupid to figure out they are being sold down the river. Proud to be an American- the slogan for sheople.
                          What amazes me is the GOP is allowed to lie about their positions at every turn. I'm not aware of Obama or the Democrats lying about what they were actually doing. These guys just get away with it. I don't understand why that is and why the media let's them.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            What amazes me is the GOP is allowed to lie about their positions at every turn. I'm not aware of Obama or the Democrats lying about what they were actually doing. These guys just get away with it. I don't understand why that is and why the media let's them.
                            Deflection, deflection, deflection. WHile Trump is acting a fool, yapping about being accused, etc people are focused on his narcissistic, sociopathic self (he loves any sort of attention), the real leaders are systematically deconstructing gubmint. all the ijits who want less gubmint haven't figured out some type of Fed Gubmint is needed to keep the country functioning. By the time they figure it out we will be in 3rd world chaos. We no longer have influence in world events and don't seem to care.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Because they're louder. It's not who yells the most accurate information, it's about the loudest voice in the room. With bravado and gusto, they boisterously proclaim that they're right, everyone else is wrong, and you can go fu** yourself. And the plebs eat it up because the "plainspoken, straight shooter wouldn't swindle ME!"

The GOP is all "me, me, me," and empty promises to those being screwed of "someday this could be you!"

Edit: I'm slowly inching closer to agreeing with "241 years was a good run. Let's let the GOP burn it to the ground. Maybe then they'll learn."
                              Last edited by aparch; 06-21-2017, 10:57 AM.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Edit: I'm slowly inching closer to agreeing with "241 years was a good run. Let's let the GOP burn it to the ground. Maybe then they'll learn."
                                I'm running the other way, "better sixty years of tyranny than one night of anarchy." Faith in democracy is like faith in a currency: it holds only as long as we all share it. I would prefer anything -- even a reign of GOP error -- to avoid an actual reign of terror with bodies in the streets. Giffords and Scalise could easily get out of hand, and a vendetta cycle once started is nearly impossible to stop by anything but mutual exhaustion after a war of extermination.

There are many forces now eating away at the foundation of people's faith in our democracy. From the left is our 2-generation long post-modern insistence that there can be no universal values and that every institution that exists from the army to the police to the government itself is a footprint of a power relation. From the right is the eternal adhan to contain and punish The Other, after which God will "clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (Matthew 3:12)

I'm not sure where we get the energy for a new flourishing of democracy, but the impetus is the ongoing slow motion overthrow of that democracy. We are in bad shape.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X