Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Haven't I seen some Harvard study referenced recently that MSM outlets like CNN and NBC were something like 97% negative on Trump? If that is in fact the case, you can only get 3% more "sunlight" from those guys and some D pol somewhere is screaming everyday about something Trump said or did. So where should/would you get it from?
    If negativity is telling the truth than yeah, NBC and CNN are guilty. More lies were revealed today. I'll tell you what. If Trump can get through one week without lying, I'll say something positive about him.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Go Trump Go! MAGA!
      Fixed your post.

Will you ever stop pretending to be anything other than a Trump water-carrier?

Haven't I seen some Harvard study referenced recently that MSM outlets like CNN and NBC were something like 97% negative on Trump?
      Sure you did; probably came from Brietbart or RedState. "Just asking questions", are we?
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 06-22-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Haven't I seen some Harvard study referenced recently that MSM outlets like CNN and NBC were something like 97% negative on Trump? If that is in fact the case, you can only get 3% more "sunlight" from those guys and some D pol somewhere is screaming everyday about something Trump said or did. So where should/would you get it from?
        That's entirely dependent upon what stories they were covering. If 90% of the stories were on the size of the man's hands, then negative commentary is moot. If they had 90% of those stories based upon statements made by Trump, and later how he broke a promise, walked back on a prior assertion with his customary I've always supported..., or talking about how he's taking claim for successes that were actually wrought under prior administrations - going all the way back to the Clinton years, then we can start to look at news stories of substance.

What positives things has Trump done since being in office? What "good" stories are there that he can claim as a verified legislative or diplomatic accomplishment??
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          What did Comey "leak", oh Mr. "I don't really support Trump, except when I disappear for weeks on this board, only to come back and write something supportive of him".
          Jonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, said Comey’s sharing of the memo with a friend was "unauthorized and thus unlawful," because the material was FBI information covered by federal rules and regulations.

Comey was not allowed to treat the memos as personal property, Turley said, given that they were written in the context of a federal investigation, on an FBI computer and revealed to others in the leadership team.

Turley said Comey is unlikely to face criminal charges, but he could be found in violation of professional standards.
          Unauthorized release is a leak.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...tally-illegal/
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Will you ever stop pretending to be anything other than a Trump water-carrier?
            As I've said, find the illegality and file the (impeachment) charges and I'll be right there. Until then, we have an egomaniac with a Twitter account who happens to be POTUS.

But I will state it again:
            Watching the LWNJs right now is just like watching the RWNJs eight years ago. Each side is running off their own scripts, spins, and agendas about the POTUS (just like eight years ago).
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              If negativity is telling the truth than yeah, NBC and CNN are guilty. More lies were revealed today. I'll tell you what. If Trump can get through one week without lying, I'll say something positive about him.

I would assume they are telling the truth, that wasn't the point. You said we need more sunlight, meaning truth. My question was how do you go about getting that from your point of view? It seems that I cannot open social media or MSM or anything on a daily basis without headlines shouting about something Trump did, or didn't do, or will do sometime in the future. Everyday, nearly everywhere, for more than a year. It seems to be playing on high volume, but if it is not enough yet, how would you get more of it? Where is it lacking?
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Sure you did; probably came from Brietbart or RedState. "Just asking questions", are we?
                Sorry, 93%.

My, but we're cranky today.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  What did Comey "leak", oh Mr. "I don't really support Trump, except when I disappear for weeks on this board, only to come back and write something supportive of him".
                  COLLINS: Finally, did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside of the department of justice?
                  COMEY: Yes.
                  COLLINS: And to whom did you show copies?
                  COMEY: I asked — the president tweeted on Friday after I got fired that I better hope there's not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night because it didn't dawn on me originally, that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might a tape. My judgment was, I need to get that out into the public square. I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn't do it myself for a variety of reasons. I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. I asked a close friend to do it.
                  link
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    FTFA: Several law professors told us there are no laws prohibiting Comey from sharing conversations he had with Trump in an unclassified manner.

But keep moving those goalposts, you totally not Trump supporter.

Comment

Sorry, 93%.

My, but we're cranky today.
                      Thanks, Gramps. Maybe next time you can inform me as to WHY the negativity. I guarantee you, it's not just because "libs are angry".

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        FTFA: Several law professors told us there are no laws prohibiting Comey from sharing conversations he had with Trump in an unclassified manner.
                        Yup, but, again: "Comey’s sharing of the memo with a friend was "unauthorized and thus unlawful," because the material was FBI information covered by federal rules and regulations."

Unauthorized release of a memo covered by Federal rules is a leak.

I said leak. That's a leak. By Comey, as admitted before Congress. The goal posts? Moved by you, friend.

Comey doesn't have the goods on Trump.
                        The Alexandria VA FBI office doesn't have them either (and they were running point).
                        If there is one it'll have to be found by Mueller or it'll have to show up in my much-speculated manila envelope.
                        And when it does, file the impeachment charges.
                        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-22-2017, 04:14 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Yup, but, again: "Comey’s sharing of the memo with a friend was "unauthorized and thus unlawful," because the material was FBI information covered by federal rules and regulations."

Unauthorized release of a memo covered by Federal rules is a leak.

I said leak. That's a leak. By Comey, as admitted before Congress. The goal posts? Moved by you, friend.
                          Also FTFA: "Griffin also noted that "leaking" ordinarily refers to unauthorized revelations of classified material, which are illegal. But no crime arises from discussing privileged conversations, she said."

The article you cite has multiple experts saying it wasn't a leak, and one that does. So of course you take the one as gospel.

Next thing you'll do is cite a lone Thomas dissent as stating the law while ignoring the 8 in the majority.
                          Last edited by unofan; 06-22-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Gramps. Maybe next time you can inform me as to WHY the negativity. I guarantee you, it's not just because "libs are angry".
                            Well, let's hope not. The little McBadgerton just received her Driver's License. I'm the one who should be on edge!

I doubt I have to inform you of why the negativity. I suspect you know already.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              Also FTFA: "Griffin also noted that "leaking" ordinarily refers to unauthorized revelations of classified material, which are illegal. But no crime arises from discussing privileged conversations, she said."
                              So, is the problem the conversation or the memo.

I say it's the memo. You keep going to the conversation.

Heck, I'll give you the conversation is fine.

So, what about the memo (covered by Federal rules and regulations regarding release).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I would assume they are telling the truth, that wasn't the point. You said we need more sunlight, meaning truth. My question was how do you go about getting that from your point of view? It seems that I cannot open social media or MSM or anything on a daily basis without headlines shouting about something Trump did, or didn't do, or will do sometime in the future. Everyday, nearly everywhere, for more than a year. It seems to be playing on high volume, but if it is not enough yet, how would you get more of it? Where is it lacking?
                                It's lacking because you and your side are always entitled to your own set of facts. That's where the sunlight comes in. Once facts become facts then we'll stop. Until then this is the way it's going to be.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X