Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's lacking because you and your side are always entitled to your own set of facts.
    Yup.
    And that sword too has two sharp edges, like the oft repeated claim by POTUS44: "If you like your plan you can keep your plan."
    Anyone paying attention knew that all plans had to change to meet the new mandatory requirements. No one was keeping a plan as-is.

Both sides are lying to the American people. (Commence the "but they lie more!" bluster here.)
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      So, is the problem the conversation or the memo.

I say it's the memo. You keep going to the conversation.

Heck, I'll give you the conversation is fine.

So, what about the memo (covered by Federal rules and regulations regarding release).
      The memo is how the conversation got released. They're the same thing.

Comment

Yup.
        And that sword too has two sharp edges, like the oft repeated claim by POTUS44: "If you like your plan you can keep your plan."
        Anyone paying attention knew that all plans had to change to meet the new mandatory requirements. No one was keep a plan as-is.

Both sides are lying to the American people. (Commence the "but they lie more!" bluster here.)
        And Fark Independents like yourself lie, too. You just do it primarily to yourself, by believing you're independent.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          The memo is how the conversation got released. They're the same thing.
          COMEY: I asked — the president tweeted on Friday after I got fired that I better hope there's not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night because it didn't dawn on me originally, that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might a tape. My judgment was, I need to get that out into the public square. I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn't do it myself for a variety of reasons. I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. I asked a close friend to do it.
          The content of the memo, to a friend, to get it to a reporter.

The content of the memo.

Is that not a problem.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I don't claim to be independent.
            I claim to be a guy that had no good options last November because either way I knew it would just be more of the same (partisan politics and lies).

PS - Want to know who I voted for? This guy.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Watching the LWNJs right now is just like watching the RWNJs eight years ago. Each side is running off their own scripts, spins, and agendas about the POTUS (just like eight years ago).
              Beg to differ, Sic. I think you often fairly point out inconsistencies in the way we libturds think, but not on this one. The RWNJs were screaming things like death squads and fake birth certificates--things that were frequently complete and total fabrications. It was loud, and there were lots of screamers, including the party's vice presidential candidate. The Left is loud now for reasons that even some of the highest ranking members of the Rep party agree with: this guy is categorically and historically unfit. The lies he is accused of are not dug out of the gossip heap--they are his own public declarations. Weekly, if not daily. He is a gusher of falsity. His level of immaturity is . . . well, shocking. He doesn't read and prefers to get his information from media broadcasts. I didn't like Bush II, but I was respectful in that dislike. This guy is pure clown, and it scares people, as it should. And they should be loud about it.

People on the right did not want OBama and were loud about it, as is their right. That was their response to his election. But the SUBSTANCE that elicits the response from the left now (and many mainstream republicans) is different in kind from that which elicited the response 8 years ago.

That is this libturd's view of it, at any rate.

Comment

Did Comey create these memos as official FBI government documents, or were they for his own personal reflection and use? From what we've seen, these memos were not passed on to senior Justice Department officials, or to other FBI department heads. Comey himself has testified he wrote them up for his own personal use.

As has been stated, they are not official government documents, not classified, and therefore revealing their contents is not illegal. It is not illegal to share the content of conversations with the president either with friends, or with the media, simply because they were with the president. Therefore, not leaked, as leaking implies revealing classified info.

But we know why you would take the position that they are leaks, cause you're not a Trump supporter and all.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  The RWNJs were screaming things like death squads and fake birth certificates--things that were frequently complete and total fabrications.
                  Golden showers (fabrication) and Trumpcare* is a personal attack on Americans (per DNC chair). Personal attack? <-- Fake and shrill hyperbole. Same ol' same ol'.

And as far as "unfit for office", isn't that the core basis of the "birther" argument against 44 (not "natural born" thus "unfit for office")?

You do point out a problem. I've never called anyone (quoting now) a "libturd." Nothing gets solved with name calling. Before you say it, I find _WNJ as an apt description of a perspective; you may see it as name calling. Touche.

*Let's call it what it should be. Hang it on him.
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-22-2017, 05:13 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Comey himself has testified he wrote them up for his own personal use.
                    He may have intended them as such; however, if he did it in his FBI office, on his officially issued government computer, that becomes government/FBI work product and government/FBI work product rules apply.

Then again, is this where a question about use of government equipment for personal business (memo writing), i.e. waste, fraud, and abuse, would be a fair question as well.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The content of the memo, to a friend, to get it to a reporter.

The content of the memo.

Is that not a problem.
                      If the information is what matters, why would it be ok to talk to a reporter but not relay the same information in writing?

Comment

He may have intended them as such; however, if he did it in his FBI office, on his officially issued government computer, that becomes government/FBI work product and government/FBI work product rules apply.

Then again, is this where a question about use of government equipment for personal business (memo writing), i.e. waste, fraud, and abuse, would be a fair question as well.
                        Mighty big "if" there. Care to back it up with evidence? Or are you just speculating again, just "asking the question'?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

You do point out a problem. I've never called anyone (quoting now) a "libturd." Nothing gets solved with name calling. Before you say it, I find _WNJ as an apt description of a perspective; you may see it as name calling. Touche.
                          Yeah, I know you haven't. I was actually poking fun at my own affiliation. I don't mind WNJ either, R or L.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            If the information is what matters, why would it be ok to talk to a reporter but not relay the same information in writing?
                            Like the article said, private reflections on the conversation are fine; content from the memo is government regulated.

Where that line is is up to a prosecutor.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Like the article said, private reflections on the conversation are fine; content from the memo is government regulated.

Where that line is is up to a prosecutor.
                              And shockingly, you believe it was improper while the majority of people in the article you cited for support say it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Mighty big "if" there. Care to back it up with evidence? Or are you just speculating again, just "asking the question'?
                                You don't know; I don't know, so, yes, I'm asking a legitimate question.

Determining that would be up to a prosecutor willing to take it on.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X