Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

As despicable as he is, I honestly don't get the outrage over trump not having tapes. It was clearly bluster all along, like a playground fifth grader saying, "he better hope I don't get mad enough to punch him!" With no substance at all. He never said he made a tape in the first place, it just seems like wasted energy. It's like the "birther" nonsense why even print it?
    Now, firing Comey to kill an investigation: that should be impeachable
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Too bad he couldnt just authorize himself to do it cause then it would be legal.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So, is the problem the conversation or the memo.

I say it's the memo. You keep going to the conversation.

Heck, I'll give you the conversation is fine.

So, what about the memo (covered by Federal rules and regulations regarding release).
        You are amazing. You throw a hissy fit because Hillary was accused (never actually did) of allowing classified material to maybe be compromised...you disappear randomly when our current administration has people caught doing the same thing and flat out ignore all the safety protocols they violate daily even though you always tell us how important security is to you hence your railing on Hillary...you parse words when Trump flat out turns over classified information to Russians in the White House (funny how legality only matters when Trump actually does something that needs a loophole) which compromises the security of our allies and now you are getting your panties in a twist because Comey leaked something that just so happens to paint Trump in a bad light.

Tell me, do people in the real world buy your "neutral" act?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          As despicable as he is, I honestly don't get the outrage over trump not having tapes. It was clearly bluster all along, like a playground fifth grader saying, "he better hope I don't get mad enough to punch him!" With no substance at all. He never said he made a tape in the first place, it just seems like wasted energy. It's like the "birther" nonsense why even print it?
          Now, firing Comey to kill an investigation: that should be impeachable
          I have ceased being outraged at trump. To me it is quite clear that among all of his obviously disqualifying characteristics to be the president, he is mentally ill. I believe there is even the occasional disconnect from reality, his illness is so severe. What outrages me is the apologists and the enablers, who are so enamored with all of the wrong things. Its either the little "r" next to his name, or falling for the phony tough talk, or the open racism for the worst of his supporters. Or a host of other, equally indefensible reasons for their inaction. All along, the problem has been something other than trump. The media, for whoring themselves out to him to the tune of $2 billion dollars worth of free advertising are largely responsible. They allowed a candidate who was outspent many times over free reign over their airwaves. Republicans in the House and Senate now are also to blame. Pull trump back or get rid of him. But the little "r" is the ONLY thing that matters. Literally. Of course there are republican members of congress who fully agree with the "policies" trump espouses, even if trump is too stupid or unstable to really have a clue about what he does or says. Then there is the republican voter who simply can't admit to their neighbors and friends that maybe they were wrong about trump. That's why 80% of Americans think congress has utterly failed the American people but at least 90% of them keep getting re-elected. "Congress sucks, but at least I know how to vote" is their battle cry. As if admitting maybe you voted the wrong way somehow makes you look weak.

Fick trump with a red hot poker, sure. But he's one little, sad, ill man. The real issue with the "body politic" is the rest of us.

Comment

I don't know why anyone, from the media to politicians to voters, treats Trump's declarations as if they were testable fact statements. He's a carnival barker getting you to the tent. The content of his speech has, literally, no meaning. It's just a medium for the theatrical cadence and emotional connection he makes with his army of cowards and knaves.

I agree with ND that the election of Trump says nothing about Trump and everything about the self-respect of the American voter.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-23-2017, 08:13 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't think he's mentally ill. I think he's just a jack*****.

And Handyman, I'm going to hell faster than you because I reeeeeeeeeeeally want to see some of the Trump minions finally realize how bad this new healthcare plan is when they suffer some sort of malady. And I'm including some of the people I know.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                oops. Can he be sued in civil court for defamation of character, etc while he is prez?
                No. He's intimidating a witness.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I don't think he's mentally ill. I think he's just a jack*****.

And Handyman, I'm going to hell faster than you because I reeeeeeeeeeeally want to see some of the Trump minions finally realize how bad this new healthcare plan is when they suffer some sort of malady. And I'm including some of the people I know.
                  Oh I say that daily

On the topic of Trump's lies...I think the Dems are doing themselves a disservice by harping on it. Literally no one cares you arent changing any minds. all you are doing is making yourself look like the bully piling on. Save the outrage and fight for the things that matter.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    I have ceased being outraged at trump. To me it is quite clear that among all of his obviously disqualifying characteristics to be the president, he is mentally ill. I believe there is even the occasional disconnect from reality, his illness is so severe. What outrages me is the apologists and the enablers, who are so enamored with all of the wrong things. Its either the little "r" next to his name, or falling for the phony tough talk, or the open racism for the worst of his supporters. Or a host of other, equally indefensible reasons for their inaction. All along, the problem has been something other than trump. The media, for whoring themselves out to him to the tune of $2 billion dollars worth of free advertising are largely responsible. They allowed a candidate who was outspent many times over free reign over their airwaves. Republicans in the House and Senate now are also to blame. Pull trump back or get rid of him. But the little "r" is the ONLY thing that matters. Literally. Of course there are republican members of congress who fully agree with the "policies" trump espouses, even if trump is too stupid or unstable to really have a clue about what he does or says. Then there is the republican voter who simply can't admit to their neighbors and friends that maybe they were wrong about trump. That's why 80% of Americans think congress has utterly failed the American people but at least 90% of them keep getting re-elected. "Congress sucks, but at least I know how to vote" is their battle cry. As if admitting maybe you voted the wrong way somehow makes you look weak.

Fick trump with a red hot poker, sure. But he's one little, sad, ill man. The real issue with the "body politic" is the rest of us.
                    This is a great rant. While Trump probably isn't technically mentally ill (those opposing such a claim point out that his wayward thinking would have to inhibit his ability to obtain a job, or feel pleasure, etc., to be diagnosable; and he's done fairly well for himself) but his twisted personality is so poisonous that he might as well be insane, as far as we all are affected.
                    As for the weird loyalty: I don't think it's because of the little "r." I think it's just the way he enrages all the liberals that gives all the little R-bots woodies. He could be independent with the same effect. He's a hatred-inspiring bloodsucker. All the hate flows through him.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I wonder what Shakespearean character (or combination of characters) comes closed to Trump? My Shakespeare knowledge is narrow and pretty shallow, so I don't have one to throw out there, but he was so good at capturing the whole range of political and personal qualities--good, bad, and in between--that someone here should be able to offer something up that is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Oh I say that daily

On the topic of Trump's lies...I think the Dems are doing themselves a disservice by harping on it. Literally no one cares you arent changing any minds. all you are doing is making yourself look like the bully piling on. Save the outrage and fight for the things that matter.
                        Right. And the King of the Birthers is President. Why is it a double standard on EVERYTHING?????????? Why? Why does this **** work for their side all the time??

I want to know.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          I wonder what Shakespearean character (or combination of characters) comes closed to Trump? My Shakespeare knowledge is narrow and pretty shallow, so I don't have one to throw out there, but he was so good at capturing the whole range of political and personal qualities--good, bad, and in between--that someone here should be able to offer something up that is interesting.
                          I nominate Parolles in All's Well that Ends Well.

He's a liar, a coward, a schemer, an all around scumbag, but he also has the sort of bro charisma that appeals to the stupid or crude. At heart, he's just a creep and he causes a lot of problems for the other characters. Most of the other characters are on to his game and mock him mercilessly, to which he is oblivious.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-23-2017, 09:21 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Buckle up kids.

Chris Hayes of MSNBC is putting out (on Twitter) that there is a real (but not sure or even likely) chance that Justice Kennedy is looking at announcing his retirement on Monday.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/stat...ring-monday%2F
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Right. And the King of the Birthers is President. Why is it a double standard on EVERYTHING?????????? Why? Why does this **** work for their side all the time??

I want to know.
                              I think you may have answered your own question awhile back. People would rather be lied to than talked down to. As long as the lies fall into their own beliefs a lot of people really don't care whether what they are hearing is true or not, and they certainly aren't going to do their own research to figure it out for themselves or listen to any conflicting evidence, no matter how overwhelming that evidence is. That's really the whole problem-there aren't any "facts" anymore to a large swath of the population. It's just whatever they want to believe.

Comment

Buckle up kids.

Chris Hayes of MSNBC is putting out (on Twitter) that there is a real (but not sure or even likely) chance that Justice Kennedy is looking at announcing his retirement on Monday.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/stat...ring-monday%2F
                                someone should check and see if tD's sister is out shopping for business suits then for the hearings
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X