Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 2017-18 Penn State Women's Hockey - There's A New Sheriff In Town

Re: 2017-18 Penn State Women's Hockey - There's A New Sheriff In Town

Penn State beat Lindenwood 3-1 on the road tonight, behind another two-goal game from freshman Katie Rankin and a goal from sophomore forward Brooke Madsen. Penn State outshot Lindenwood 31-21, and penalties were 2 for Penn State (both for checking) and 1 for Lindenwood (roughing). Brooke Madsen and Natalie Heising are now tied for the team scoring lead, and Rankin is just two points behind them.

This was another "game tracker only" one for me, because I refuse to pay $11.00 per game to watch it on video - that's just insane.

Do you smoke? Do you Drink? Do you eat fast food on occasion? Do you drink coffee from a coffee shop? If not then by all means don't pay to watch your team. If yes shame on you. The pleasure you will derive from watching the girls you obviously are vested in will give you far more pleasure then the aforementioned. I would not have spent a dime on this team last year, but I think you are going to get your monies worth going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by EPIC97 View Post
    Do you smoke? Do you Drink? Do you eat fast food on occasion? Do you drink coffee from a coffee shop? If not then by all means don't pay to watch your team. If yes shame on you. The pleasure you will derive from watching the girls you obviously are vested in will give you far more pleasure then the aforementioned. I would not have spent a dime on this team last year, but I think you are going to get your monies worth going forward.
    Yes, no, rarely, and no. Do you pay to watch every away game your favorite team plays?

To be honest the Lindenwood game production is not good. Itís probably not worth $11, and I think that is a pretty high per game price compared to what other teams do (ranging from free to like $8.95 for a month sub). I can see how someone who gets to watch live home games all the time would take a pass on it.

For an out of town person like myself though Iím glad the CHA streams their games, even at the $11 cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    To be honest the Lindenwood game production is not good. Itís probably not worth $11, and I think that is a pretty high per game price compared to what other teams do (ranging from free to like $8.95 for a month sub). I can see how someone who gets to watch live home games all the time would take a pass on it.

For an out of town person like myself though Iím glad the CHA streams their games, even at the $11 cost.
    I agree, Lindsay, some of these streams are not a good value, but there is value in the opportunity to watch the games. You just need to set your budget for your team high enough so you don't feel the pain when you shell out for a high price/low production stream...lol

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    I agree, Lindsay, some of these streams are not a good value, but there is value in the opportunity to watch the games. You just need to set your budget for your team high enough so you don't feel the pain when you shell out for a high price/low production stream...lol
    Yep, and thatís why I bought the Mercyhurst at Lindenwood stream a few months ago, hahah.

Over the holidays I took the family to an NHL game. We all enjoy the game so when we are together we try and go. $440 for 4 tickets, $20.00 parking, $80 for 7 beers. Total $520.00 for one game. It was fun and the whole family enjoyed the game.
    So when I watch a streamed game even if it's a crap feed and no commentary it's a bargain to me and the beer is a lot cheaper. I must admit I stream games to watch kids my daughter played with growing up, U18 worlds and four nations etc. Just out of interest.

It was a tough afternoon for Penn State, losing to Lindenwood 4-1, and critically losing two important conference points. Penn State led 41-21 in shots, with just one from freshman Natalie Heising getting past Lindenwood's junior goalie Jolene deBruyn. Penn State sophomore goalie Daniela Paniccia started the game and was replaced for the third period by freshman goalie Chantel Burke. Paniccia allowed three goals on 16 shots, and Burke allowed no goals on the 4 shots she faced in the third period (the final goal was an empty net goal).

It looks like it came down to a goalie duel, as it certainly wasn't a lack of offensive effort by Penn State. Even with 41 official shots from Penn State, Lindenwood also blocked 17 more, so the Penn State offense was cranked up but couldn't find an answer for the goaltending of Jolene deBruyn. I feel badly for Penn State goalie Daniela Paniccia, because she's usually rock solid between the pipes, and unfortunately had an off day today - it happens.

The remainder of the CHA regular season race is going to be interesting.

Thread Information