RIP Mary Gosek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIP Mary Gosek

There is a gaping hole in Oswego this week that cannot be filled. Mary was a very special person- one of those rare people that you only run into a few of in your life. Just to give you an inkling:

- The line at the funeral home snaked through the building, out the door, and down the street for a block- in the rain. 3-4 hour wait. Hours were supposed to be 3-8, but there were so many people in line that they went on until after midnight. The family was incredible.

- The church was standing room only for her funeral.

- Oswego lit City Hall in teal in her memory last night.

- Our US Representative John Katko paid tribute to her memory from the well of the US House.

A huge loss for her family, the community, the Lakers- all of us. What a woman.
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Re: RIP Mary Gosek

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
      There is a gaping hole in Oswego this week that cannot be filled. Mary was a very special person- one of those rare people that you only run into a few of in your life. Just to give you an inkling:

- The line at the funeral home snaked through the building, out the door, and down the street for a block- in the rain. 3-4 hour wait. Hours were supposed to be 3-8, but there were so many people in line that they went on until after midnight. The family was incredible.

- The church was standing room only for her funeral.

- Oswego lit City Hall in teal in her memory last night.

- Our US Representative John Katko paid tribute to her memory from the well of the US House.

A huge loss for her family, the community, the Lakers- all of us. What a woman.
      Copy that...I arrived Wed am, got to the church 40 min early and was lucky to get a seat...the reception after was terrific - spent some time with Coach Coughlin from St. Norbert...I understand all the SUNYAC coaches were there Tuesday in addition to Coughlin and others....nice to see a good number of current and former players pay respects as well.
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
      X