Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I guess it's time for another Michigan State thread

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...071717aab.html

Class is up to 8 players. Seems like a good mix for Cole's first class. Thoughts?

Comment

Always have to take the official school press with a grain of salt to avoid being taken in by superlatives, but the numbers look pretty solid. I can vouch for Miller, Lewandowski and to some extent Apap, all whom I have seen. Lewandowski is a crafty skater and playmaker who I think can also make a scoring impact right away. He's been a captain or assistant captain for awhile - so that is a positive. Miller's going to boost what appears to be a rising defensive corps. I didn't see a lot of minutes from Apap so it's difficult to say anything but "good rising shot" - I like the size.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
        http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...071717aab.html

Class is up to 8 players. Seems like a good mix for Cole's first class. Thoughts?
        Are any of the recruits from the previous regime? Really matters how he can develop them.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          Always have to take the official school press with a grain of salt to avoid being taken in by superlatives, but the numbers look pretty solid. I can vouch for Miller, Lewandowski and to some extent Apap, all whom I have seen. Lewandowski is a crafty skater and playmaker who I think can also make a scoring impact right away. He's been a captain or assistant captain for awhile - so that is a positive. Miller's going to boost what appears to be a rising defensive corps. I didn't see a lot of minutes from Apap so it's difficult to say anything but "good rising shot" - I like the size.
          Interesting that all 5 guys added with this release are all 20-21 years old already.

Comment

Interesting that all 5 guys added with this release are all 20-21 years old already.
            DC can still mine some gold out of older commitments. To wit: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33246

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              Are any of the recruits from the previous regime? Really matters how he can develop them.
              Esteves and Kamer are the current staff's only recruits.

Slight clarification
              Denis Cesana, d-man from AJHL, was Cole's first recruit here but he's not 2017-18.
              Last edited by owslachief; 07-17-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Looks like Damon Whitten and Mike York are teammates once more.

Comment

http://www.scout.com/college/michiga...key-assistants

Insight into the two assistant coaches.. A good 45 min listen to kill some time.

Comment

http://www.scout.com/college/michiga...key-assistants

Insight into the two assistant coaches.. A good 45 min listen to kill some time.
                    After about 3 or 4 Outlook alerts from Hondo's laptop, I stopped flipping over to my own Outlook .

Listening to Luongo, there not much doubt about what kind of players the last 5 signed will be.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      After about 3 or 4 Outlook alerts from Hondo's laptop, I stopped flipping over to my own Outlook .

Listening to Luongo, there not much doubt about what kind of players the last 5 signed will be.
                      I didn't really know much about the old ones but I imagine Luongo and Exter should be pretty darn good assistants. Heck, after listening to that I was ready to run through a wall for them. There should be no more games where our players seem to just be going through the motions.

Will be interesting to see what kind of kids Exter will be able to recruit. I like the intensity he has while on the bench during games. He was the one assistant coach from the opposing teams I would always notice (maybe it was because he looks like he is still 20 years old, who knows).

Comment

I didn't really know much about the old ones but I imagine Luongo and Exter should be pretty darn good assistants. Heck, after listening to that I was ready to run through a wall for them. There should be no more games where our players seem to just be going through the motions.

Will be interesting to see what kind of kids Exter will be able to recruit. I like the intensity he has while on the bench during games. He was the one assistant coach from the opposing teams I would always notice (maybe it was because he looks like he is still 20 years old, who knows).
                        No doubt. I think Joe will impaHt the kind of stuff you sahr him maHshall behind the Buckeye bench.

Comment

I've gained a lot of confidence in this coaching staff since they've been announced. I feel comfortable saying that coaching and player development will take a big step forward under this staff. Hopefully recruiting follows.

Comment

Calvin Dybicz (00) committed today for the 19-20 season. D-man for the Milwaukee Admirals 16U. Looks like he played a few games with Cedar Rapids in the USHL.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Calvin Dybicz (00) committed today for the 19-20 season. D-man for the Milwaukee Admirals 16U. Looks like he played a few games with Cedar Rapids in the USHL.
                              Also Kevin Lombardi 18-19 season. High school forward. Tall kid drafted by Cedar Rapids.
                              Last edited by wsummers; 07-25-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Neither MSU's or UM's schedule includes the GlI for the upcoming season. Does anyone have any information? I have been out of the loop for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X