This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I got it, I was trying to be sarcastic back (and failed!).
    And you knew certain people would agree even before you posted it. Trump could start murdering journalists and wed hear from some that journalists were the problem.
    You didn't fail. I got it!

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      Again, the gleeful condemnation and finger pointing of "our party" is virtuous and "your party" is evil is a misdiagnosis and is abetting Trumpism. The problems with Republican authoritarianism are in part a reaction to this attitude, and this attitude is making it worse every day. If it helps you get past this, think of the difference between calling Islam a poisonous ideology vs. calling Muslims poisonous idealogues. People are individuals. What political party you most recently cast a vote for should not be in the top 30 of the ways you define yourself or others.
      to;dr you and I need to work together to banish Trumpism. The alternative is to surrender to it.
      My party is not virtuous. It's also not filled with a bunch of hateful, bigoted people who have enshrined that hate and bigotry in their party platform either.

But keep telling me how both parties are the same, and equally to blame.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        So your sane choices are independents or democrats. There is nothing reasonable about today's republicans and anyone that votes for ANY republican is an enabler of their awful platform.
        This past election? You would be correct.

And yes, my sarcasm detector is broken today. I had a long day. I would rephrase and say that opposing beliefs should be listened to, and yes, try to relate your views in the opposing eyes, so opposing eyes may possibly understand where you're coming from. You may vehemently disagree, and that's fine. But we're going NOWHERE when each side sticks fingers in their ears and shouts "LALALALALALALA!"
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"The earth is round"

"No, the earth is flat"

"Hmmm, I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe you're on to something. Let's discuss this flat earth theory in a little more depth."

Jesus, that's effin' stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            "The earth is round"

"No, the earth is flat"

"Hmmm, I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe you're on to something. Let's discuss this flat earth theory in a little more depth."

Trumpers: we're right, and you're stupid.
            Liberals: You're not worth listening to.

It's obvious those approaches are not working. So let's try something different.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              "The earth is round"

"No, the earth is flat"

Yes, it is. And that's why it's a waste of ****ing time. Hillary tried listening to them and it cost her the election. No more.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Liberals: You're not worth listening to.

It's obvious those approaches are not working. So let's try something different.
                Your approach was tried in 2016. It failed.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  My party is not virtuous. It's also not filled with a bunch of hateful, bigoted people who have enshrined that hate and bigotry in their party platform either.

But keep telling me how both parties are the same, and equally to blame.
                  Again, this isn't even in the same galaxy as the point. I really can't tell if you're as stupid as Donald Trump or playing some weird game. The parties, while at polar opposites (never said they're "the same", you are a liar) are not the issue. People are not parties. Trump is a problem for America, society, the earth, and common decency. Some of those categories contain both you and I. He is not a problem for a political party to just sweep up. This isn't going away by flapping your hands and cackling "not MY party! Not MY problem!" Nobody cares what political party you send your dues to. Political parties are not the issue, and do not control the actions of individuals. Wake up. He would have still been Trump under any label, it wouldn't make him any more virtuous. That's blind stupidity.
                  I'm a husband. Christian. Father. Son. Neighbor. "Fighting Eagle" or whatever. Michigander. American. Thinking person. Blue jeans dis-liker. Pull hitter. Near sighted......... #4,388 democrat. Who cares? WE are a lot more than that, with many common goals shared.
                  You might wonder why I care that you identify as a democrat above all. It's because identity politics gave birth to Trump. And hitler. And mao. And Stalin... it matters. Take your identity back.
                  Last edited by geezer; 05-31-2017, 09:01 PM.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Fixed it for you.

Liberals: You're falling for a con man's spiel.
                    Trumpers: Don't tell us what to think.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      You mean like calling folks deplorables, and such? Yeah, that's the same.

Bernie, God bless him, listened. I didn't agree with a lot he was promoting, but he was listening what many wanted. If he came back a bit more to the center (and was a bit younger, for obvious reasons), I might have been convinced to vote for him. Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Imagine what we'll be like in our dotage?

http://wtop.com/health-fitness/2017/...ients/slide/2/
                        By the time I'm an octogenarian, they'll need to create a refrigerated room, so we can all remember what snow and winter were like.

I 100% agree with this, and this goes for anyone, with any affiliation, and anyone who wants to try and fix the problem.
                        Let's give it a try:

"See smokestack? Smoke go up into sky and cover Earth like blanket. Cause hotter weather, big boom-boom storms, floods. Mongo only pawn in game of life."

Fark it, I give up.

Brent, many folks just won't listen. They either are that dumb and believe the EPA cost them their jobs, when in reality people in China will do the same work for the equivalent of a few US dollars a day, OR they just don't care because they won't live long enough to see the consequences, and are willing to let their great-grandchildren suffer them.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-31-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          By the time I'm an octogenarian, they'll need to create a refrigerated room, so we can all remember what snow and winter were like.

Let's give it a try:

"See smokestack? Smoke go up into sky and cover Earth like blanket. Cause hotter weather, big boom-boom storms, floods. Mongo only pawn in game of life."

Fark it, I give up.

Brent, many folks just won't listen. They either are that dumb and believe the EPA cost them their jobs, when in reality people in China will do the same work for the equivalent of a few US dollars a day, OR they just don't care because they won't live long enough to see the consequences, and are willing to let their great-grandchildren suffer them.
                          The bolded/underlined do apply to both sides, btw. And it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Hillary shunned far too many. She didn't need to reach out to the deplorables, but she sure as s**t didn't need to call them out and she sure as s**t needed to visit more often the key states she ignored. You can't win everyone but going out of your way to alienate undecideds is a sure way to lose an election.

Comment

The bolded/underlined do apply to both sides, btw. And it sucks.
                              We've seen it in this thread already. I know you're a conservative-leaning independent, not a Trumpster, nor one of the hive-minded people who always vote a straight R ticket because "MUH GUNZ!" or "BABBY MURDER!". Same goes for geezer. There is a difference, even though the rufuses and Scoobys of the world are more interested in venting their rage on a convenient target. It's fine, people will do that. Heaven knows, I do it sometimes.

I think what this country is really turning into, is a battle of rural vs. urban (cue Kep: "'Twas ever thus" with a link to a portrait of Robert E. Lee). Rural voters feel they've been pushed out by both parties, and rightfully so, though Republicans were pushing this crap before Democrats were acquiescing to it. Unfortunately, these rural voters have largely been poisoned by 40 years of Reaganomics propaganda (The Laffer Curve BS that us privileged folk learned and debunked in high school economics), amoral corporate thinking (cheaper to make in Asia and ship here - see ya Uniontown, PA!), and the resulting crumbling infrastructure and institutions (no money for road funding, schools, etc. because factories are moved, people lose their jobs, and we cut taxes in the hope that would fix the problem).

I have ideas for how Democrats could solution victories in 2020. I've already written off 2018, despite my intent to campaign for Mike Bishop's Dem challenger. They can, and should, start with a hard look at the former "Obama counties" who broke for Trump (there were many), but Scoobs thinks that's a waste of time, so...

EDIT: The biggest issue, IMO, was what Slap Shot just mentioned. Hillary spent too much time in NC, GA and AZ hoping for a landslide, when she needed to pound PA, WI, OH, and MI in the final 2-3 weeks.
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 06-01-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Slappy did nail it.

I doubt I could have said it better.

I prob agree that the 2018 is a lost cause....however, 2020 gives enough time to find the right candidate, a good candidate, because (and man, I hope this is true) a Trump re-elect SHOULD be dam near impossible.

Edit: I know I couldn't have said it better. Re: Slappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X