Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Dumb question: why?

As long as you have assets you can borrow against them, thus creating more cash.
    You assume someone wants to use your assets as collateral. The asset may not be worth the balance sheet claim (cough-Enron-cough) or be under performing or, worse, taking a loan against the asset will mess up your equity ratios (and affect the interest rates you'll pay which again raises your monthly cash needs*).

*See: downward spiral
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-07-2017, 09:37 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      two words: Ninja loan

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        You assume someone wants to use your assets as collateral. The asset may not be worth the balance sheet claim (cough-Enron-cough) or be under performing or, worse, taking a loan against the asset will mess up your equity ratios (and affect the interest rates you'll pay which again raises your monthly cash needs*).

*See: downward spiral
        It's interesting that you think it won't happen. But it has for multi-billion dollar companies.

Ford used the Ford logo and the F150 brand name as collateral when they were $20B in debt. These are not plants that can be salvaged, or office buildings which can be sold to other people, these are just brand names or images.

And that money was used to pull out of the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          It's interesting that you think it won't happen. But it has for multi-billion dollar companies.
          I'm on a board in an industry where they won't loan against your assets when you're distressed; they'll just buy you out and take over.

In the case of Ford you cite, they made the loan. Good for Ford; good for the lender if they wanted the assets (if Ford didn't pull up).

In the case of Trump, who wants those assets, or to loan against, right now? The backlash and PR nightmares alone would make any lender take pause.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I'm on a board in an industry where they won't loan against your assets when you're distressed; they'll just buy you out and take over.

In the case of Ford you cite, they made the loan. Good for Ford; good for the lender if they wanted the assets (if Ford didn't pull up).

In the case of Trump, who wants those assets, or to loan against, right now? The backlash and PR nightmares alone would make any lender take pause.
            I'm not talking about don's situation, but the sweeping generality statement.

But about don- I don't think he cares about PR if he can make another buck.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              I'm not talking about don's situation, but the sweeping generality statement.
              Would you make a loan against what you consider to be a bad asset?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

DNI CYA
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The GOP self-referential toilet glugs along with Trump nominating Christie's Bridgegate attorney for head of FBI.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

IDK where to leave this so I'll just leave it in this thread:
                    https://***********/mattmfm/status/872290140458299394

Comment

I've been seeing some tweets this morning referencing Hillary and slaves. Did I miss a story somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I've been seeing some tweets this morning referencing Hillary and slaves. Did I miss a story somewhere?
                        Apparently in her book, she talks about how prison inmates, all or mostly African-American, staffed the governor's mansion in Arkansas. And apparently inmates in Arkansas (and several other states) are not paid for work.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Apparently in her book, she talks about how prison inmates, all or mostly African-American, staffed the governor's mansion in Arkansas. And apparently inmates in Arkansas (and several other states) are not paid for work.
                          To me, that sounds like punishment of a crime whereof the party has been duly convicted.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            To me, that sounds like punishment of a crime whereof the party has been duly convicted.
                            I'm not saying I agree (though the optics are bad, either way). I'm just forwarding on what I found.

Personally, I think it's bullshiat that inmates are exempt from minimum wage laws when they perform actual work, but that's for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              I'm not saying I agree (though the optics are bad, either way). I'm just forwarding on what I found.

Personally, I think it's bullshiat that inmates are exempt from minimum wage laws when they perform actual work, but that's for another thread.
                              I know, no worries. I also like how the articles frame it like this was completely Hillary's idea. Like it wasn't a practice that was already taking place there and many other states, no, it was her deciding personally to bring in people on chains to vacuum her floors or something.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

You must admit that that is quite the bombshell to find out she was governor of Arkansas though.

(But seriously, if the idiot brigade wants to have a discussion about criminal justice reform, then by all means. It certainly isn't our side holding back changes).
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X