Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    I'm just wondering what the thought process is behind Trump's Pittsburgh-not-Paris line yesterday. He does realize that the agreement was only negotiated in Paris, right? Like, you're not automatically beholden to that city just because it's name is on the agreeement.
    Pittsburgh has been screwed over by the draconian policies set in Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The Saudis called.

As much as I loathe the non-sentient baboon at 1600, this hardly began with him. People confuse Inside America, which is relatively free and democratic, with Outside America, which is just another of 200 viruses fighting a war of all against all to maximize their gains.

Nation-states are like divine right monarchs or corporations -- pathogens that only act morally as a complete accident of self-interest.
      My example was more of a new embrace of an old foe who still is a major security risk to us as opposed to shunning an old foe who's only threat to us is their medical advanced in cancer research.

Castro and Cuba were not much worse than the morons the CIA propped up in Central and South America. They, too, did wonders to human rights. And we sponsored them.

Our stance against Cuba is so very hypocritical, it's not even funny. Regardless of administration. Except for the ending of Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Pittsburgh has been screwed over by the draconian policies set in Paris.
        How has it been screwed over by something that didn't take effect yet?

And my point being, because something was written somewhere doesn't mean it represents only the people there. A minor quibble, yes, but something I don't think he quite understands.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          How has it been screwed over by something that didn't take effect yet?

And my point being, because something was written somewhere doesn't mean it represents only the people there. A minor quibble, yes, but something I don't think he quite understands.
          It's funny that someone has gotten screwed over when nothing has been done.

And I'm not sure how Pittsburg, specifically, got screwed over by the agreement. The only way they could be singled out is being a big source of coal burning. And that downturn isn't Paris' fault- it's cracking's fault.

don also brought up Detroit- apparently not realizing that Ford, GM, and FCA sell cars all over the world- including the HUGE market of China. So they already have to meet those requirements that are quickly changing. By pulling out, it just means many more years of not saving money by having one car that can be sold all over the world.

It does mean that China and India is more likely to listen to other countries industry leaders than ours, though. Thanks, don.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            And I'm not sure how Pittsburg, specifically, got screwed over by the agreement. The only way they could be singled out is being a big source of coal burning. And that downturn isn't Paris' fault- it's cracking's fault.
            Yup. Unless someone can magically wave their hand and make natural gas not exist, coal is not "coming back" like they want. Just like typewriters and horse-drawn carriages are not.

don also brought up Detroit- apparently not realizing that Ford, GM, and FCA sell cars all over the world- including the HUGE market of China. So they already have to meet those requirements that are quickly changing. By pulling out, it just means many more years of not saving money by having one car that can be sold all over the world.
            Yup, similar to how companies built towards CA's tougher air standards rather than build two different cars for different markets.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Castro and Cuba were not much worse than the morons the CIA propped up in Central and South America. They, too, did wonders to human rights. And we sponsored them.

Our stance against Cuba is so very hypocritical, it's not even funny. Regardless of administration. Except for the ending of Obama.
              Of course. It was only ever about sucking up to the rich Cuban exiles who got kicked out by Castro and wanted their gilt-edged lifestyle back.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Here's to crime.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It does mean that China and India is more likely to listen to other countries industry leaders than ours, though. Thanks, don.
                  Because the other countries will give China what they want: A free pass. It'd be like you allowing an Ohio State football player to waltz into the end zone.

Read the agreement closely: The restrictions don't apply to them.

Comment

Cui bono.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Seems even in decapitation, Trump's the bully.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mp-family.html

She's now trying to play the victim ... of her own actions. Good grief.
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-02-2017, 11:33 AM.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It's funny that someone has gotten screwed over when nothing has been done.

Pittsburgh is known for coal production in the surrounding areas, and steel. They would have to change their practices in order to continue producing steel.

The city has actually been in the process of redefining itself for the past decade or so. The Paris Accord/Treaty wouldn't have had as much of an effect on the city as the Trumpster Fire's people told him.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Pittsburgh is known for coal production in the surrounding areas, and steel. They would have to change their practices in order to continue producing steel.

The city has actually been in the process of redefining itself for the past decade or so. The Paris Accord/Treaty wouldn't have had as much of an effect on the city as the Trumpster Fire's people told him.
                          The potential of huge $$ is for anyone who can find a different way of making both steel and aluminum.

But we are giving that to china now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Seems even in decapitation, Trump's the bully.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mp-family.html

She's now trying to play the victim ... of her own actions. Good grief.
                            And the king of false equivalency strikes again. You know no one here really defended Griffin, right? Opinions expressed were along the lines of "not funny" and "she went too far" and "we didn't like it when Obama was hung in effigy and this is no better." You can take the outrage somewhere else mr. I didn't vote for trump but I defend and excuse everything he does.

Comment

I ignore Ted Nugent.

I ignore Kathy Whatever.

They're crying out for attention.

I do listen to Stranglehold every once in a while though.

Comment

The potential of huge $$ is for anyone who can find a different way of making both steel and aluminum.

But we are giving that to china now.
                                Are we still? GWB signed into law a tariff on Chinese steel, doubling the price of it. That had to have been 2004 or 2005, I think. I remember the price of free weights doubled overnight when I was in the process of building up my weightlifting set. I know that kept a few plants in Illinois running along the Mississippi river, but it's also been 10 years since I was down there.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X