Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I think Klobuchar wants to and I don't think he'll run if she does.
    She might want to...she will get as far as TPaw did in the GOP. The Dems wont line up behind her.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      She might want to...she will get as far as TPaw did in the GOP. The Dems wont line up behind her.
      She's smart. I don't know anything else about her. She's pretty centrist, right?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

She's more left than centrist.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          She's more left than centrist.
          Yes. And Franken running against Klo would be a tough race. They'd steal votes from each other, from what I know. Better to unite and put forward a candidate that can possibly win.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

There's an online CNN story about how Hillary says one of the blames for her loss is Obama funneling the money away from DNC into his own OFA. She might be right; they should be combined.
            I don't watch TV but am curious if anyone knows: is Fox still draining the swamp at all? Changing tone? Was O'Reilly replaced by anyone more sane, or is it more of the same? I have heard that some outlets (WSJ) are turning on Trump. Limbaugh will probably go to his grave as Limbaugh.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              She's smart. I don't know anything else about her. She's pretty centrist, right?
              She is Progressive...I love her policies but lets just say she isnt ready for prime time. (I have worked a dozen events she has spoken at behind the scenes is not a fun place to be)

She will put out feelers and she will see Senator is probably her limit. She got the job in part because of her name (and she has been doing good work for decades but Klobuchar is a known name here which helped her immensely) and nationally she wont have that. Hell I think she would make a better Governor anyways but we cant have her leave the Senate.

I get Franken has said he wont run and who knows maybe he wont but if the party has brain 1 they do everything they can to entice him. People listen to him and despitre being a highly educated liberal never talks down to anyone (he is a midwesterner dontcha know) and speaks in a common sense style that people tend to like. He is also quite learned on all the issues to an almost wonkish level so it isnt like you are dumbing down the nomination to take him. And...in the current electoral market he can play Trump's game. He wont take the bait, he will just use his acting/improv chops to throw Trump off his game. He can poke holes in everything Trump said and make people laugh with a one liner so it sticks. (cause apparently that is what it takes now) Think how much he could have done with the ammo Donald gave him during the debates...he would have had America rolling.

Franken is better than most of the names you came up with Kep, and he is the best chance the Dems have of flipping anything in the midwest out of the current crop of Dems.
              Last edited by Handyman; 06-01-2017, 09:06 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                There's an online CNN story about how Hillary says one of the blames for her loss is Obama funneling the money away from DNC into his own OFA. She might be right; they should be combined.
                I don't watch TV but am curious if anyone knows: is Fox still draining the swamp at all? Changing tone? Was O'Reilly replaced by anyone more sane, or is it more of the same? I have heard that some outlets (WSJ) are turning on Trump. Limbaugh will probably go to his grave as Limbaugh.
                I believe Hannity took over and he is having issues of his own.

Hillary can shut up any time now. Just keep blaming everyone but yourself Hill that is exactly why you lost your arrogance and "cant be me" attitude.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Klobuchar is a well-known name here? Handy, I'm beginning to think you are way, way more plugged in than even the most interested person when it comes to Minnesota politics.

Or maybe I'm just too much of a political neophyte when it comes to Minnesota politics.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Klobuchar is a well-known name here? Handy, I'm beginning to think you are way, way more plugged in than even the most interested person when it comes to Minnesota politics.

Or maybe I'm just too much of a political neophyte when it comes to Minnesota politics.
                    Klobuchar is a long time known name, from my experience.

Edit: I won't say it's all positive (not my opinion), but she is known.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

You are a neophyte. She's quite well known here and has been for some time.

Comment

Fair enough.

I know her, I didn't realize her name was known beyond that though.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Fair enough.

I know her, I didn't realize her name was known beyond that though.
                          Her father is a famous and well liked journalist.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I hear she worked for some other guy too. Moondale? Mondoyle?

Code:

Comment

I hear she worked for some other guy too. Moondale? Mondoyle?

Oh yeah. The guy where we were the only state to vote for him b/c letter by his name.

F'real, though, Klobuchar is a legit name, and could be a force. Franken, too, however fairly or not, his actor past might weigh in. I personally don't care, but others might.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Oh yeah. The guy where we were the only state to vote for him b/c letter by his name.

F'real, though, Klobuchar is a legit name, and could be a force. Franken, too, however fairly or not, his actor past might weigh in. I personally don't care, but others might.
                                Eh, we elected a real life reality show stooge

Comment

Working...
                                X