Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Who cares what the public gets? Are you expecting any hearing to change the mind of Trump voters? You are all over the map with this stuff stop watching Morning Joe

This stuff is only going to make a difference with the Left...ammunition to get them to vote this time. Nothing will come of this and you know it.
    It is going to be case-by-case, depending how baldly each individual GOPer lies about it. Fox is all in as Baghdad Bob, serving as Trump's stenographer. Some of the dimmer GOP Members will follow suit. But it will be interesting (and entertaining) to watch specific GOPers twist on that hook, trying to maintain Trump's laughable lies so as not to anger the Deplorables, but also trying to protect their post-Trump careers when it becomes common knowledge among everyone except the Deplorables that Trump is a criminal and very likely a traitor.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Who cares what the public gets? Are you expecting any hearing to change the mind of Trump voters? You are all over the map with this stuff stop watching Morning Joe

This stuff is only going to make a difference with the Left...ammunition to get them to vote this time. Nothing will come of this and you know it.
      That and, like Kep says, those players who find themselves in the fallout zone will show no loyalty to Trump, knowing he will throw them overboard without the slightest hesitation. Without some amount of loyal support, the man is in trouble.

Comment

I knew I liked Comey. He skipped his opening statement. He knows how to not waste people's time.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Just because you and I understand that distinction doesn't mean the voting public understands. You're falling into the trap as well. The Republicans understand that only 5% of the voting public comprehend what you're saying. They will use that, and the good guys will lose in the court of public opinion.
          I think pretty much everyone can understand, when Comey tells Trumpy that he's not under investigation, it's totally truthful, and it means, at the time that conversation was taking place. Should evidence reveal, or situations change, then sure, he could be under investigation at some future time.

Everyone with a brain can understand this. Will the Trumpy supporters? No. As I said, everyone with a brain. And who cares if the Trumpy supporters continue to whine and cry? Buncha snowflakes.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

LOL

You think this is going to motivate voters on the left? No. Won't happen. Voters on the left proved by electing Trump they are not motivated by evil from the right.

Dude then just give up. You are now getting to be as bad as NotreDameSkyisFallingGuy...

So what is the point of this exactly? Why do you even care about it? He could walk into the hearing drinking vodka with Putin singing "we totally did it" and he isnt getting impeached so why even waste the money? If the people dont care and the Congress doesnt care and there is no consequence then why do any of this in the first place?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              I think pretty much everyone can understand, when Comey tells Trumpy that he's not under investigation, it's totally truthful, and it means, at the time that conversation was taking place. Should evidence reveal, or situations change, then sure, he could be under investigation at some future time.

Everyone with a brain can understand this. Will the Trumpy supporters? No. As I said, everyone with a brain. And who cares if the Trumpy supporters continue to whine and cry? Buncha snowflakes.
              ^
              This
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                So these are all now verifiable facts:

1. Trump calls Comey into his office for a private meeting and asks that he drop investigations regarding him and his associates
                Not to quibble, but didn't Trump ask Comey to drop the investigation of Flynn. I didn't think Comey had an investigation of Trump, and that's why Trump wanted Comey to publicize that?
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Dude then just give up. You are now getting to be as bad as NotreDameSkyisFallingGuy...

So what is the point of this exactly? Why do you even care about it? He could walk into the hearing drinking vodka with Putin singing "we totally did it" and he isnt getting impeached so why even waste the money? If the people dont care and the Congress doesnt care and there is no consequence then why do any of this in the first place?
                  I've stated why I care very deeply. This halts any agenda that Turtle Boy and Ryan ****tard are trying to accomplish. That is the number one thing that is happening and that is the number one thing I care about.

I have no delusion about this changing voters minds. I've learned from the past unlike many other Americans. I've watched Donald Trump get elected to the Presidency of the United States. My faith in the electorate is zero. But, my faith in gridlock in stopping him is steadfast.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

My faith in the electorate is zero. But, my faith in gridlock in stopping him is steadfast.
                    I think that is important beyond just paralyzing the idiot right. Even if Trump is not impeached, all of this will frustrate his progress. And frustrating Trump is like loosening the lugnuts on his car.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      But then we have the Bill Clinton nonsense, and D's in the House were introducing Articles to impeach Bush II, and R's in the House were talking about impeaching Obama, and suddenly we find ourselves in a situation where we talk about impeaching every President, and that ain't good. It will eliminate it as an effective tool when we really need it. Just my two cents.
                      I think this is inescapable given the current reality / fantasy split in the electorate. The solution is time: the fantasy contingent is quite literally dying off. Within a generation they will be remember like these guys and these guys and these guys.

In a generation we will have moved on as a nation, no doubt to crises we can't even imagine yet. Until now our job is to contain the crazies so they do not wind up like these guys.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 06-08-2017, 09:30 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        It is going to be case-by-case, depending how baldly each individual GOPer lies about it. Fox is all in as Baghdad Bob, serving as Trump's stenographer. Some of the dimmer GOP Members will follow suit. But it will be interesting (and entertaining) to watch specific GOPers twist on that hook, trying to maintain Trump's laughable lies so as not to anger the Deplorables, but also trying to protect their post-Trump careers when it becomes common knowledge among everyone except the Deplorables that Trump is a criminal and very likely a traitor.
                        Read yesterday also, that one of Meuller's appointments as a top investigator in this case, maybe like second or third in command, has a background in investigating and prosecuting fraud and racketeering cases, money laundering and Mob-type stuff. So i'm thinking that sort of skill-set, that this is the type of thing they're looking to track down, ain't gonna end well for Trumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          But then we have the Bill Clinton nonsense, and D's in the House were introducing Articles to impeach Bush II, and R's in the House were talking about impeaching Obama, and suddenly we find ourselves in a situation where we talk about impeaching every President, and that ain't good. It will eliminate it as an effective tool when we really need it. Just my two cents.
                          No one has ever been convicted. It's irrelevant that impeachment is brought up over and over again cause it's never happened. Yes, you could argue Nixon would have been, but it didn't happen.

So, I don't think we're over saturated on impeachment.

Is it a sad commentary that it's talked about all the time? Sure. But, Obama was about as honorable a President we've ever had and it was still brought up while he was in office. So, it's just part of the politics of the nation.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Mark Warner is apparently launching his 2020 presidential campaign live at this hearing. Vaya Con Dios, Senator.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Comey drops the big one. "Trump is such a liar I had to write everything down." I wish I could see Trump's tweets.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I think this is inescapable given the current reality / fantasy split in the electorate. The solution is time: the fantasy contingent is quite literally dying off. Within a generation they will be remember like these guys and these guys and these guys.
                                I think you're hopelessly optimistic and naive on this point. I know and work with a great many people, my age and younger, die-hard Trumpistas, who talk the talk about the blacks ad meskins stealing their jobs, getting the special good welfare that whites can't get, how they're being beat down and trod upon by the libbie elitists, who all need a good Second Amendment solution. Totally good with ending Nato, dropping out of climate deals, love the way Trumpy bullies and disparages our allies cause that makes America "look strong and not take any more chit from those weenies", drill and frack all you want, and who cares about the environment.

That attitude ain't going away. I think it's wider-spread than you think. Ignorance knows no age group.

Comment

Working...
                                X