Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Unexpected is right.
    Just goes to show, the only thing that outweighs partisanship is RESPECT MA A-THOR-IT-TIE!
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The DSM-5 diagnostic guideline is NPD.
      The American Psychiatric Assoc was debating a repeal of the ban on Psychiatrists publicly hypothesizing possible dx for public figures. Measure was proposed after the most recent election. Hmm. I wonder why.

These fit quite well too- if he doesn't beat his wife I will eat my hat. (I dealt with a55holes like him all the time in my practice)

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...ality-disorder

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...rders-overview--

Dramatic personality disorders

People with these disorders have intense, unstable emotions and a distorted self-image. They also often tend to behave impulsively. These disorders include:

Antisocial personality disorder — People with this disorder are sometimes called “sociopaths” or “psychopaths.” This disorder is characterized by rash, irresponsible, and aggressive behavior, which often is expressed by a disregard for others and an inability to abide by society’s rules. People with this disorder often commit serious crimes and have a lack of remorse for their actions.
      Borderline personality disorder — This disorder is marked by unstable moods, poor self-image, chaotic relationships, and impulsive behavior (such as sexual promiscuity, substance abuse, over-spending, and reckless driving).
      Histrionic personality disorder — People with this disorder are shallow and constantly seek attention. They often are very dramatic, possibly even childish, and overly emotional.
      Narcissistic personality disorder — This disorder is characterized by an exaggerated sense of superiority, and a preoccupation with success and power. However, this preoccupation is fueled by a fragile self-esteem. People with this disorder are very self-centered, tend to lack empathy, and require constant attention and admiration.
      Last edited by leswp1; 06-09-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        So, a typical Michigan grad.
        The Tech thread on this board is currently discussing what their strategy should be for one-and-done recruits.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I love that the three formal personality disorder typologies are Eccentric, Dramatic, and Anxious. That's a party I want to hear about but not be at!
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            The Tech thread on this board is currently discussing what their strategy should be for one-and-done recruits.
            Is that sex thing?
            Cornell University

Comment

Is that sex thing?
              I was referring to Michigan Tech, so obviously not.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that Trump is bullet proof where it comes to politics. No matter what he says or does, he will never actually pay a price for it.

Until hes impeached, it's all just noise.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  I've come to the conclusion that Trump is bullet proof where it comes to politics. No matter what he says or does, he will never actually pay a price for it.

Until hes impeached, it's all just noise.
                  This sums up well what is happening. trump is clearly guilty of offenses that are not just impeachable, but ones that had they been done by private citizens for instance in a banking or tax scandal, would likely lead to time in prison. We should all know this, and those who don't acknowledge it are simply kings and queens of false equivalency and members of the "I'll have an excuse and apology for everything trump does because I actually agree with him" brigade. He's not going to be impeached as long as there is a rebublican congress, so until at least 2019 that ain't happening. And even if sane minds prevail and a Democratic congress is elected in 2018, there won't be votes in the Senate to remove him even if he is impeached. What is happening is what I hoped would happen after November 8th. He is so weakened by his own scandals and stupidity and just general incompetence in everything he does so he really is not going to accomplish anything beyond what he can do by executive order. Make no mistake, his EOs are horrible and will damage our economy, our environment and lead to more inequality and injustice. But he won't get anything done with congress, he won't get anything done that requires the support of the people, and unless the republicans really ramp up the voter suppression model (clearly something they COULD do and are trying to do) he won't win re-election. Best of all, I'll enjoy laughing at the people who voted for him as they suffer because of it, even though that won't make uo for seeing innocent people who voted for Clinton who are hurt by him.

Comment

There was a guest on POTUS this morning who was going through Comey's background and his rep (prior to all this crap) as being hyper diligent and careful in the political ramifications of what he does. The guy basically said "that whole open hearing wasn't about anything the Senators were asking. It was Comey leaving breadcrumbs which will now be followed to what the real stories are."

It would be very interesting to rerun the hearing and fisk the entire 3 hours with that in mind. I recall at the time being confused by some of Comey's tangents, and also when it seemed to me there were fairly obvious things he could have responded with but pointedly did not.

I get the feeling Comey was playing chess and the Senators were playing drunken rock fight.
                    McCain was just playing "5 days away from the Glue Factory"

Comey definitely had an agenda besides just the "I got something to say". There was a point to all of this...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      This sums up well what is happening. trump is clearly guilty of offenses that are not just impeachable, but ones that had they been done by private citizens for instance in a banking or tax scandal, would likely lead to time in prison. We should all know this, and those who don't acknowledge it are simply kings and queens of false equivalency and members of the "I'll have an excuse and apology for everything trump does because I actually agree with him" brigade. He's not going to be impeached as long as there is a rebublican congress, so until at least 2019 that ain't happening. And even if sane minds prevail and a Democratic congress is elected in 2018, there won't be votes in the Senate to remove him even if he is impeached. What is happening is what I hoped would happen after November 8th. He is so weakened by his own scandals and stupidity and just general incompetence in everything he does so he really is not going to accomplish anything beyond what he can do by executive order. Make no mistake, his EOs are horrible and will damage our economy, our environment and lead to more inequality and injustice. But he won't get anything done with congress, he won't get anything done that requires the support of the people, and unless the republicans really ramp up the voter suppression model (clearly something they COULD do and are trying to do) he won't win re-election. Best of all, I'll enjoy laughing at the people who voted for him as they suffer because of it, even though that won't make uo for seeing innocent people who voted for Clinton who are hurt by him.
                      All of this. Sadly the people who blindly follow him are the ones who have the most to lose- healthcare, various other programs, jobs as the economy tanks (not the Market- they love him, but the real economy involving the other 98%) The one I am waiting for the most- all those idiots who wanted Planned Parenthood shut down and the ability to opt out of providing birth control in insurance. Wait til all those d1cks figure out it will cost them 75$ to get pills every month to be able to have sex. Or they don't get them, reproduce and find out the kid doesn't get medical covg. So sad. Bigly sad.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        I think this is 100% correct.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Sadly the people who blindly follow him are the ones who have the most to lose- healthcare, various other programs, jobs as the economy tanks (not the Market- they love him, but the real economy involving the other 98%) The one I am waiting for the most- all those idiots who wanted Planned Parenthood shut down and the ability to opt out of providing birth control in insurance. Wait til all those d1cks figure out it will cost them 75$ to get pills every month to be able to have sex. Or they don't get them, reproduce and find out the kid doesn't get medical covg. So sad. Bigly sad.
                          And when that happens, between gold scam ads, the teevee will shout at them it's all the fault of uppity negroes and commie libruls and feminazis and cantaloupe-calved messicans and oh if only, IF ONLY we could unleash America's economy by ending Medicaid and Medicare and Social Security and Estate Tax and Income Tax for earnings over $1M then candy mountain would rain riches on their deserving heads.

And they'll believe it.

Because they're vengeful and ignorant and stupid.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            And before anyone asks, NO I don't want him to be able to make deals. I'm just still trying to understand why anyone was stupid enough to vote for this idiot.
                            Because 25 years of Reich wing bullsh*t thrown at Hillary finally paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Well, it is all over the network news he has stated his intent to file with something. Dude must be an idiot. Discovery would be a party!
                              It's just Trumpy's way. Always has been. Threaten someone with legal action, expecting them to back down. In the case of his business dealings, that's how he got away with stiffing contractors, or paying pennies on the dollar for debts he owed. The people he sued didn't have deep enough pockets to enter into a sustained legal action.

I think he's gonna discover things work a bit differently in this world of politics.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                There's a difference between delusion and narcissism.

You'll note I don't spend a lot of time in that thread. The townies can be a bit nutso during offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X