Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

There's also this gem:

He said he would do that and added, “Because I have been very loyal to you, very loyal; we had that thing you know.” I did not reply or ask him what he meant by “that thing.” I said only that the way to handle it was to have the White House Counsel call the Acting Deputy Attorney General. He said that was what he would do and the call ended.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I... umm... agree with Sic here. There really isn't much to this. It's going to be another sideshow about nothing.
      If there is a bombshell Comey wouldn't put it in the preview statement. But I don't expect that now from anyone but Mueller. Tomorrow will be an episode of Seinfeld.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        There's also this gem:
        He said he would do that and added, “Because I have been very loyal to you, very loyal; we had that thing you know.” I did not reply or ask him what he meant by “that thing.” I said only that the way to handle it was to have the White House Counsel call the Acting Deputy Attorney General. He said that was what he would do and the call ended.
        Agree. That reads like a capo meeting with a made-man. It makes me itch.

But, where's the quid pro quo?
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Agree. That reads like a capo meeting with a made-man. It makes me itch.

But, where's the quid pro quo?
          Umm, Comey gets rid of "the cloud", he gets to keep his job. It could not be more obvious.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Asking Comey to effectively put on a press conference to say "not looking at Don" is obstruction?

Ego expansion ad infinitum, yes, but obstruction?
            While this is a great point, we also have to remember that the standard that is being used for the POTUS is different than the rest of us. Mainly- he's not going to go to court to face obstruction charges, he would face the House then Senate for the same thing. And the result IS NOT a civil penalty- it's just removal from office. So the standards are different.

Not sure completely *how*, but it has been pointed out that this is not a civil case.

And where it gets really odd is who is in charge- so that burden could change a lot if the houses both change in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I cant believe she allowed herself to be caught mid debate saying that. Ossoff should be putting up posters all over the district with her face and that quote.

BTW 46k have voted early. In the actual election only 55k total voted and there is still 2 weeks left.
              I agree he should be hammering this quote for the next two weeks. It will inspire people on both sides, I think. Plenty of GOP voters who love hearing their internal dialogue said aloud

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                One of the more important results of this story and others like it, past and future, is that a LOT of people in all areas of government will distance themselves from Trump and will step up their CYA protocol. He is clearly unfit and a risk to the careers of those around him.
                They should be in CYA mode. Trumpy has shown that anyone and everyone is disposable, and he has no reservations about throwing someone under the bus to save his own azz.

Everyone in that administration should be hiring a criminal defense attorney, and shutting the hell up. Or else cutting a deal.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Comey, while being very diplomatic, definitely puts forth a picture of Trump trying have control/loyalty from the FBI and have them sweep Russia under the rug. Hell after reading it it almost seems like Trump targeted the FBI to be HIS Intelligence tool.
                  But none of this is new, right? I'm not sure what prompted the "Holy ****" comment. That's what I was getting at.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    But none of this is new, right? I'm not sure what prompted the "Holy ****" comment. That's what I was getting at.
                    It was never confirmed until now. Yeah, it was out there but you have to be very careful with assumptions nowadays. Now it's fact. He can't run. He can try lying some more but he can't do that either.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      What if he is looking at Don? That's another way of him asking that and that's obstruction.
                      The obstruction is him asking Comey to stop looking at Flynn.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Sure. Works for me.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          It was never confirmed until now. Yeah, it was out there but you have to be very careful with assumptions nowadays. Now it's fact. He can't run. He can try lying some more but he can't do that either.
                          it's still not confirmed. It's just Comey saying he did.

To remove Trumpy from office, we're gonna need cold hard paper trails of him working with the Russians, and hopefully, surveillance footage of him wacking himself in the corner while Russian hookers are ******ing on a mattress
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Let me ask this, and I really don't know the answer because I'm not familiar with criminal law. If I (or Trump) go to an investigator or the head of the FBI and say, "you know, there really is nothing to this whole Flynn thing, I think you should just let it go," is that technically obstruction of justice? Doesn't it take something more? Doesn't it take something like also connecting to that request the discussion with Comey about keeping his job, or his later termination? I know we have the Trump comments about why he fired Comey, so maybe they make that connection, but don't they actually need that connection?

If someone in Trumps position simply argues that there is nothing that Flynn did that is illegal and the investigation should be dropped, or even makes that statement to Comey but does nothing more (no threats to Comey or no actual interference in the investigation), that can't alone be obstruction, is it?
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              it's still not confirmed. It's just Comey saying he did.

To remove Trumpy from office, we're gonna need cold hard paper trails of him working with the Russians, and hopefully, surveillance footage of him wacking himself in the corner while Russian hookers are ******ing on a mattress
                              Based on credibility it's been confirmed as far as I'm concerned. Quite frankly I could give two ****s about getting him out of office with Pence in the wings. I just want any traction on anything stopped and that's getting more and more likely every day. I also want more and more scrutiny and oversight and that's getting more and more likely every day.

As far as I'm concerned today and tomorrow are huge wins for the halting of American Stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Let me ask this, and I really don't know the answer because I'm not familiar with criminal law. If I (or Trump) go to an investigator or the head of the FBI and say, "you know, there really is nothing to this whole Flynn thing, I think you should just let it go," is that technically obstruction of justice? Doesn't it take something more? Doesn't it take something like also connecting to that request the discussion with Comey about keeping his job, or his later termination? I know we have the Trump comments about why he fired Comey, so maybe they make that connection, but don't they actually need that connection?

If someone in Trumps position simply argues that there is nothing that Flynn did that is illegal and the investigation should be dropped, or even makes that statement to Comey but does nothing more (no threats to Comey or no actual interference in the investigation), that can't alone be obstruction, is it?
                                At a minimum it's highly unethical and at this point we need some things that are left at a high ethical standard. It's Congress' job to make that happen. That becomes more and more likely every day no matter what Turtle Boy and Ryan the scumbag say.

Comment

Working...
                                X