Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Sure they can. They got Gorsuch in cause they ran on it. They ran on this. Everyone agreed. Republicans elected all over the place. Change the rules and repeal it. Done.
    How does a crotchety resident of the Inferno get the handle "ScoobyDoo?"

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    How does a crotchety resident of the Inferno get the handle "ScoobyDoo?"
    I'm crotchety because I want America to have what it wants? Really?

ScoobyDoo just happened. I'm not sure how. I just used it to sign up for this sight and there it was.

This is great, by the way.

McCaskill: GOP Used The ACA As A 'Political 2x4'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAMxGb0IaPs
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 06-22-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

lubba wubba dub dub

I'm crotchety because I want America to have what it wants? Really?

ScoobyDoo just happened. I'm not sure how. I just used it to sign up for this sight and there it was.
    We shouldn't always get what we want. In 1798 the country wanted another war with England, but Pres. Adams kept the war hawks from attaining their final goal. It cost him a second term in office, but he did what really was best for the country at the time.

Idiots during the 1950s wanted us to nuke the Soviets, but both Pres. Truman and Pres. Eisenhower beat back the cries of war. Truman even fired American hero Douglas MacArthur in order to avoid our national villainy.

Suppress the urges of the masses and right thee ship when the masses are lost in the fog. We need more politicians willing to be statesmen, and not mere puppets of their constituencies.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    We shouldn't always get what we want. In 1798 the country wanted another war with England, but Pres. Adams kept the war hawks from attaining their final goal. It cost him a second term in office, but he did what really was best for the country at the time.

Idiots during the 1950s wanted us to nuke the Soviets, but both Pres. Truman and Pres. Eisenhower beat back the cries of war. Truman even fired American hero Douglas MacArthur in order to avoid our national villainy.

Suppress the urges of the masses and right thee ship when the masses are lost in the fog. We need more politicians willing to be statesmen, and not mere puppets of their constituencies.
    Can't disagree with this either.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

lucky penguin

We need more politicians willing to be statesmen, and not mere puppets of their constituencies.
    You supported and defended a guy that wanted to bring back slavery.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    You supported and defended a guy that wanted to bring back slavery.
    No, he really didn't.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

I like how the Texas Senator keeps telling them they should read it even after they told him twice they read it. When Schumer makes you look like an idiot sit down you have already lost
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

there's a good buck in that racket.

No, he really didn't.
    seriously. slavery is much more expensive than just plan hiring or outsourcing.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    seriously. slavery is much more expensive than just plan hiring or outsourcing.
    Thanks Obamacare!

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Establishment GOP wants status quo. Dems don't like it because it's signed by an R. Rand Paul doesn't like it for the right reasons. https://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-t...althcare-bill/
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Only in these crazy hyperventilating times could reducing the rate of growth of something, having something continue to grow, yet merely grow more slowly than before, be excoriated as a draconian "cut" in spending.....
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by FreshFish View Post
    Only in these crazy hyperventilating times could reducing the rate of growth of something, having something continue to grow, yet merely grow more slowly than before, be excoriated as a draconian "cut" in spending.....
    How did military spending get into this?
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

lubba wubba dub dub

It's been that way for a long, long time. Don't fool yourself.

If you are initially authorized to spend 100 million, and find out you are only getting 95 million, that is still a cut even if you only spent 94 million last year. People will lose their jobs, expected services won't be provided, and people like you will biatch about government being broken if it's something that directly affects you.

Then you will turn around and vote for the people who will break the government.

Budgets matter. And the cost of health care increases every minute. So, any cuts are cuts. Period.

It was OK when the AHCA was only murdering the Poors. Now it's serious.

“As we did with all 435 Members of the House of Representatives, AARP will also hold all 100 Senators accountable for their votes on this harmful health care bill. Our members care deeply about their health care and have told us repeatedly that they want to know where their elected officials stand. We strongly urge the Senate to reject this bill.”
    AARP is 4x as lethal a lobby as the NRA. Only about fifty percent of men have small dicks, but 100% of both sexes are planning on being old.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-23-2017 at 01:46 PM.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Another Nyet.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

We've been living in crazy hyperventilating times at least since 1998 or so....

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    If you are initially authorized to spend 100 million, and find out you are only getting 95 million, that is still a cut even if you only spent 94 million last year. People will lose their jobs, expected services won't be provided, and people like you will biatch about government being broken if it's something that directly affects you.
    Totally nonresponsive to the actual original post.

If the forward-looking budget from 2017 to 2025 is projected to grow at 5% each year and the forward-looking budget is adjusted to grow at 3% per year, not a single dollar of the 2017 budget is changed. The 2025 budget will be substantially larger in dollar terms either way. There is no "cut" involved in this year's budget at all, nor is there a "cut" in next year's budget either. It grows in both situations.

Thread Information