Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Good lord...so half the country rejects East Coast Liberals Cuomo would be trolling them a bit hard
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Do you mean Cuomo?

I mean... I guess? I'm strictly neutral, which is a helluva improvement on where we've been.

Pledge to restore Glass–Steagall and enact a Tobin tax and we'll talk.
    I would look for him to start touting any prosecutions he undertook of Wall St back when he was state AG...

Look, so we're clear I'm still in Warren's corner here, but in terms of who's setting themselves up the best Cuomo's doing himself a lot of favors thus far.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I would look for him to start touting any prosecutions he undertook of Wall St back when he was state AG...

Look, so we're clear I'm still in Warren's corner here, but in terms of who's setting themselves up the best Cuomo's doing himself a lot of favors thus far.
    This is weird because I'm not actually in Warren's corner for the presidency. She would be amazing on fiscal policy and regulation but she has absolutely zero experience on anything else and that's a hole big enough for even Trump to drive through.

If I am a top tier Democratic candidate I sit down with Warren and say if you endorse me I will fill all of the following positions with anyone you choose:

- Director, OMB
    - Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy
    - Secretary of the Treasury
    - Secretary of Commerce
    - Secretary of Labor
    - Assistant to the President for Economic Policy
    - Director, National Economic Council
    - Chairman, Council of Economic Advisers
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

With Warren right now because I think she has the smarts and drive to tackle some of the thorniest domestic problems facing the country, from regulation to moving the ACA forward to tax/budget matters. Sort of the nitty gritty stuff that ends up making a big difference. I've given up on expecting well rounded experience to matter to voters after the Trump election....

Now mind you I reserve the right to change my mind! I see the possible 2020 candidates as Warren, Uncle Joe maybe, Cuomo, some random Senator trying to pull an Obama, Termed out Gov with nothing else to do (played by Martin O'Malley in 2016 - Hickenlooper maybe?), and Lefty Rich Guy With No Political Experience (Zuckerberg, Cuban, etc).

Dems haven't nominated a governor since 1992 so its been a while.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

I'm going with some random Senator trying to pull an Obama. Harris / {gravely voiced military dude*} would be great. The Castros are probably still not ready for prime time. Booker will try but Occupy / Bernie / I will hang Goldman around his neck.

* Pencil in Chris Murphy. If Tulsi Gabbard is on the ticket I will write in Dr. Mrs.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-08-2017 at 01:13 PM.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

This ad needs to be played non-stop until the Republicans give up ramming through their health care bullsh**.

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/8...052029952?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    This ad needs to be played non-stop until the Republicans give up ramming through their health care bullsh**.

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/8...052029952?s=09
    I love the contrast between what a woman and a man would hate to lose.

It's mawkish and manipulative and sexist and stupid and it's PERFECT for the average voter.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

It's mawkish and manipulative and sexist and stupid and it's PERFECT for the average voter.
    It also would only add up to a few hours of hospital care.

And yes, it would tug at the heartstrings of middle America.

there's a good buck in that racket.

the irony is the man bought the truck AND the ring
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

halfway crucified

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    I just spewed my morning coffee. Can I expect reimbursement for laptop repairs? You must spread....
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Yep, still here

Senate is going to send their bill straight to the CBO and won't release the draft of it publicly.

https://www.axios.com/senate-gop-wra...440345281.html
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    If he bought the truck after the wedding then they bought it together.

But yes, that was a very good line.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Senate is going to send their bill straight to the CBO and won't release the draft of it publicly.

https://www.axios.com/senate-gop-wra...440345281.html
    Good old GOP. They went ape**** on Democrats for Obamacare and that was way way way way way more open a process than this BS. Can't they ever do anything without being a hypocrite?
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

lucky penguin

The Senate has banned media from interviewing members in hallways of the US Capitol about their secret health care bill, presumably because it is so good.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

From Amy Klobuchar's Facebook:

Today in Washington: A few hours ago we heard (from reporters!) that TV reporters were being kept from reporting in the Senate hallways. As the ranking member on the Rules Committee, I had not been consulted and I immediately called on the Republican majority to follow common practice and allow the reporters to do their jobs. Then I talked to Senator Shelby, who is the chairman of Rules. He said he wouldn't move forward on change to press access without consulting me. We must hold him to it. This is no time for limiting press access in the U.S. Senate -- with Russia hearings, Sessions testifying & what appears to be the secretive drafting of a healthcare bill. We have to preserve freedom of the press.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    From Amy Klobuchar's Facebook:
    I always liked her.

This is heating up. The 13 panel of old white men are looking for 50 Senators to pass their bill site unseen. According to one pundit Turtle Boy was being evasive when he wouldn't answer the question, "will we have 10 hours to offer amendments"? Also, pundit says there will be a CBO score before the vote.

Glory be.

Meanwhile every Republican who said a bad thing about the by comparison vastly open Obamacare process can go **** themselves.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This is heating up. The 13 panel of old white men are looking for 50 Senators to pass their bill site unseen. According to one pundit Turtle Boy was being evasive when he wouldn't answer the question, "will we have 10 hours to offer amendments"? Also, pundit says there will be a CBO score before the vote.

Glory be.

Meanwhile every Republican who said a bad thing about the by comparison vastly open Obamacare process can go **** themselves.
    This is what I was saying last week. (WaPo had an article about it as Sessions was testifying) The bill is so bad they literally wont let their own caucus read the whole thing for fear they might leak it. All indications are though that the moderates that GaryJohnsonSuperfan#1 was telling us about on the GOP side all lost big time. (as in they caved McCain-style) The cuts to Medicaid not only stayed in, they might be deeper than before.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    This is what I was saying last week. (WaPo had an article about it as Sessions was testifying) The bill is so bad they literally wont let their own caucus read the whole thing for fear they might leak it. All indications are though that the moderates that GaryJohnsonSuperfan#1 was telling us about on the GOP side all lost big time. (as in they caved McCain-style) The cuts to Medicaid not only stayed in, they might be deeper than before.
    I don't think that's might. All reporting has them cutting Medicaid deeper. They go after entitlements now to pay for their tax cuts. I'm guessing Social Security and Medicare right now are political suicide but Medicaid is open game. They're hedging their bets that most Medicaid recipients don't vote. And they're likely right.

They are hedging their bets hoping most Medicaid recipients are minorities...they are wrong. They should have learned this lesson when old white people even in the South were attacking Reps for voting on the ACHA...but the Senate doubled down instead.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information