Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

As I suspected, if it looked like it was going down, hard core nutters would want to be the ones to take credit for it. Kinda funny Lee outflanked his fellow loon Calgary Ted Cruz on this one. I thought that was his one friend in the Senate.

Not sure where this goes from here. Budget resolution expires Oct 1st. Loons went along with the budget this year (basically a continuation of the previous spending levels) specifically to have reconciliation available to them in the Senate. No budget = need 60 votes. They're nowhere on taxes or immigration from what I've read, and the same battles are going open up to get to 50 votes again on the budget.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The Comments on that Rand Paul piece are an example of how deep the delusion runs on the right. They really don't get it.

The Townhall piece is interesting in the context that the WSJ editorial page today took on Dump and said the only way to keep any integrity is radical transparency. The 1% is worried it isn't going to get its windfall. The circular firing squad is forming and Dump doesn't have the political skills or advisers to unify -- in fact, he's making it worse.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Kinda funny Lee outflanked his fellow loon Calgary Ted Cruz on this one. I thought that was his one friend in the Senate.
        This surprised me, too. I assumed Lee had signed off on anything Cruz authored. Those two have a forbidden love that rivals McCain and Graham.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          This surprised me, too. I assumed Lee had signed off on anything Cruz authored. Those two have a forbidden love that rivals McCain and Graham.
          Lee and Moran have safe seats. Turtle Boy got them to take the fall for the 12 others that couldn't vote yes either.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Lee and Moran have safe seats. Turtle Boy got them to take the fall for the 12 others that couldn't vote yes either.
            Maybe, but bringing up a straight repeal is a disaster for Heller especially and Flake as well. You either vote for it and take your chances backing an unpopular President in the mid-terms with a bill that has an approval rating in the teens, or you vote no and PO every lunatic Trump lover in your state and invite a primary challenge or them staying home next November.

I'll also say he's giving a gift to Democratic Senators in tough races next year. All of them (Manchin, Tester, McCaskill, etc) never had to take a tough vote on this legislation due to the idiotic Medicaid repeal that was part of it. How do you run against Manchin on this issue in West Virginia when 90% of the state is on Medicaid (or Medicare)? Hence why they never got the other Senator from WVA on board.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Maybe, but bringing up a straight repeal is a disaster for Heller especially and Flake as well. You either vote for it and take your chances backing an unpopular President in the mid-terms with a bill that has an approval rating in the teens, or you vote no and PO every lunatic Trump lover in your state and invite a primary challenge or them staying home next November.

I'll also say he's giving a gift to Democratic Senators in tough races next year. All of them (Manchin, Tester, McCaskill, etc) never had to take a tough vote on this legislation due to the idiotic Medicaid repeal that was part of it. How do you run against Manchin on this issue in West Virginia when 90% of the state is on Medicaid (or Medicare)? Hence why they never got the other Senator from WVA on board.
              It was always about the tax cut and doing it under reconciliation. You can't get the first one without the other one. They never really cared about "Health Care". They still don't.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Best is Trump tweeting that Mitch should go Nuclear with the repeal. They couldnt get 50 votes on a plan that ONLY kicked 25 million people off Health Care...what are the chances they can get 50 to vote for something that will be 50% higher than that?!?!? Not to mention the plan would be to repeal in 2 years so they can have 2 more years to figure out something they couldnt in the previous 8!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It was always about the tax cut and doing it under reconciliation. You can't get the first one without the other one.
                  Here is an excellent write up of the strategy and what went wrong.

tl; dr: You can only use reconciliation (50+ instead of 60) if you are not adding to the deficit. The GOP's agenda is their tax "reform" which is cutting revenue by rewarding their 1% donors with trillions in kick backs from the public treasury. To do that they had to claim spending cuts of trillions to make the balance revenue neutral, and to do that they needed to throw tens of millions of people off health insurance.

Beneath all the political rhetoric that's all this is: the Republicans need to kick enough of you off insurance so Donald Trump Jr. can have another yacht.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 07-18-2017, 09:51 AM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Repeal NOW. Replace LATER.

DEAD.

Took less than 18 hours.

Senators Susan Collins of Maine, Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, all Republicans, immediately declared they could not vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act without a replacement — enough to doom the effort before it could get any momentum.

“I did not come to Washington to hurt people,” Ms. Capito said in a statement. “I cannot vote to repeal Obamacare without a replacement plan that addresses my concerns and the needs of West Virginians.”
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Comment

Repeal NOW. Replace LATER.

DEAD.

Took less than 18 hours.
                      The best part is it went into freefall just after Dump tweeted that he wanted it. That guy now has less juice than Jimmy Carter in 1979.

Wonder how Ryan will find the 3-5 trillion he needs in spending cuts to offset his tax cut. The entire federal budget for 2018 is $4T. So maybe Ryan will simply cancel all payments by the USG and just transfer all tax revenue to the bank accounts of the top 6000 families.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 07-18-2017, 12:21 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The best part is it went into freefall just after Dump tweeted that he wanted it. That guy now has less juice than Jimmy Carter in 1979.
                        I'm waiting for trump to start threatening doctors to stop treating people on Obamacare.
                        It's no less outrageous than other stuff he's done

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          “I did not come to Washington to hurt people,” Ms. Capito
                          Someone should have told Ms. Capito that that's what Republicans do.

Comment

El Presidente' going full derp.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I'm waiting for trump to start threatening doctors to stop treating people on Obamacare.
                              Well the GOP has already been starving ACA of funding to drive it into bankruptcy. They might as well just make medical care illegal for the non-rich and stop those non-millionaire moochers from obtaining services they haven't earned.

And another thing. Why do we have socialized air? Better to slap a helmet on every child at birth and charge them user fees.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Wait all you want, while you continue to deflect the left's sins on the right. Only your echo chamber is buying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X