Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Every good lawyer knows you don't ask a question that you don't already know the answer
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Joke Medical Care in this country continues to reach new heights.

http://www.startribune.com/no-deal-f...n-s/432588443/

Deadline passes with no deal for Blue Cross, Children's
      The state's largest pediatric hospital is no longer an in-network option for Blue Cross subscribers.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Meanwhile in New Jersey (and most states)

http://trib.al/NDgK4oU
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is bad. Very bad. Les? Ewe?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...ews:newsletter
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

he can't

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                he can't
                That's the sound of Mitch McConnell repeatedly slamming his forehead into the Senate lectern.

Maybe there is a Righteous God and He has sent Trump as a plague to punish the House of Irving Kristol.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  That's the sound of Mitch McConnell repeatedly slamming his forehead into the Senate lectern.
                  please tell us there is some damage involved

Comment

please tell us there is some damage involved
                    He withdraws into his Pleurodiric plastron for each strike, so only the lectern is dented.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A Sad Commentary on the US Health System.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/o...imes&smtyp=cur

Last week I took care of a middle-school teacher who was out jogging on a hot June day. Dehydrated, she lost consciousness when some tourists called an ambulance over to her. A month before that, I cared for a young man who passed out at his desk from a bleeding ulcer in his colon. His co-workers called 911 while he lay in a puddle of his own blood. And about one year ago, I cared for a 56-year-old patient who was found lying in the gutter at 3 a.m. A passer-by called 911 thinking he was drunk. It turns out he had been hit on the head with an iron rod by muggers while on his way home from work as a waiter.

All three of them had ambulances called on their behalf by bystanders. All three of them, unconscious for some or all of their care, had no say in whether they would be treated. All three of them were saddled with gigantic medical bills that they had absolutely no say in.

Most dismaying for me as a physician is that after all of my attempts to apply my compassion and training to save their lives, all three of these patients told me some variant of: “Thanks for what you’re doing, but I would rather that you hadn’t.” Even the man with the brain bleed, who certainly would have died without our immediate intervention, expressed dismay. In the neurology intensive care unit, with a bolt through his skull to measure the pressure around his brain, he told me that while he did not have health insurance, he did have life insurance. He said he would rather have died and his family gotten that money than have lived and burdened them with the several-hundred-thousand-dollar bill, and likely bankruptcy, he was now stuck with.

A believer in free-market medicine, Mr. Ryan has said about health care: “You get it if you want it. That’s freedom.” Yet being given services without your consent, and then getting saddled with the cost, is nothing like freedom.

Comment

Exactly what Mitch didn't want to happen.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Exactly what Mitch didn't want to happen.
                          His biggest problem is he can't explain away the tax cut. Not when people lose insurance and funding for Medicaid at the same time. The repeal should have passed in March under the dark of night. Now he's screwed. It's seen the light of day and like all vampire's it burns when exposed to sunlight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            His biggest problem is he can't explain away the tax cut....
                            Silly!! That cut is going to increase revenue!

Comment

Silly!! That cut is going to increase revenue!
                              Obviously. We all know that cutting taxes on the wealthy is the only way to unleash the power of the American economy.

Right?

Oopsie.
                              Cornell University

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/gop-leade...n-b/433059893/

GLASGOW, Ky. — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says he plans to produce a fresh bill in about a week scuttling and replacing much of President Barack Obama's health care law. But he's also acknowledging a Plan B if that effort continues to flounder.

"If my side is unable to agree on an adequate replacement, then some kind of action with regard to the private health insurance market must occur," McConnell, R-Ky., said Thursday. It was one of his most explicit concessions that a top priority for President Donald Trump and the entire GOP, erasing much of Obama's landmark 2010 statute, might fall short.

He provided no details during remarks he made at a Rotary Club lunch in a deep-red, conservative rural area of southern Kentucky.
                                MADISON, Wis. — House Speaker Paul Ryan says he doesn't think the failure of Congress to agree on a health care law puts tax reform in jeopardy.

Ryan also told reporters Friday that he was satisfied with what Congress has been able to achieve in the first six months under President Donald Trump.

The House has passed a bill to repeal the current federal health care law but the Senate has yet to act. Ryan says not repealing and replacing that law as Republicans promised makes it more complicated to do tax reform, but does not put it in jeopardy.

Ryan says his goal is to pass the final version of the health care bill this summer and tackle tax reform in the fall. He says, "I'm pleased with where we are."
                                http://www.startribune.com/ryan-says...orm/433170493/

Comment

Working...
                                X