Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I don't even care about Trump. This is the part that is dead on:

Be proud of yourselves, Republicans. So very proud.
    They are. They dont give a crap what we think, or what anyone thinks unless they are passing a check or casting a vote. They havent since Ike.

These are people that hold Ronald Reagan as their Saint...a man who named names in the Hollywood Blacklist, lied as much as Nixon and was caught, exploded the deficit, set public health back decades and ensured AIDS would become a epidemic cause he hated the gays, exploded the prison population and made drug cartels rich with the stupid escalating of The War on Drugs, was flat out senile his last term in office, and personally armed Saddam Hussein with weapons he then used to invade Kuwait. And that is just the crap off the top of my head.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      They are. They dont give a crap what we think, or what anyone thinks unless they are passing a check or casting a vote. They havent since Ike.

These are people that hold Ronald Reagan as their Saint...a man who named names in the Hollywood Blacklist, lied as much as Nixon and was caught, exploded the deficit, set public health back decades and ensured AIDS would become a epidemic cause he hated the gays, exploded the prison population and made drug cartels rich with the stupid escalating of The War on Drugs, was flat out senile his last term in office, and personally armed Saddam Hussein with weapons he then used to invade Kuwait. And that is just the crap off the top of my head.
      Thing is, though--even if they had emailing capability back when he was on the throne and he had been competent to use it, there is no way he would have abused it like HRC did. There's the big difference.

Comment

All true except for AIDS and the gays. Reagan himself didn't care either way about gays or any of the argle bargle from the Magic Book except insofar as it could be exploited for political gain. His religion was that of glad-handing Chamber of Commerce types who join the local church to move their business cards around.

AIDS research was slow to get off the ground under Reagan partly because of the blind GOP ideological hatred of any federal funding that wasn't weapons or corporate welfare, and partly because new epidemics do tend to outkick their coverage.

Saint Ronnie wasn't a hateful person. Like most Republicans he just believed a lot of stupid hocus pocus that turned out to have terrible effects.
        Last edited by Kepler; 06-30-2017, 09:34 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Elizabeth Warren's opinion on the Health Care Bill.

Make no mistake, if this Senate “health care” bill passes, the rich will get richer and other people will die.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

All true except for AIDS and the gays. Reagan himself didn't care either way about gays or any of the argle bargle from the Magic Book except insofar as it could be exploited for political gain. His religion was that of glad-handing Chamber of Commerce types who join the local church to move their business cards around.

AIDS research was slow to get off the ground under Reagan partly because of the blind GOP ideological hatred of any federal funding that wasn't weapons or corporate welfare, and partly because new epidemics do tend to outkick their coverage.

Saint Ronnie wasn't a hateful person. Like most Republicans he just believed a lot of stupid hocus pocus that turned out to have terrible effects.
            He could have gone against what the GOP thought...he didnt because he didnt care. He was friends with them when it came to fighting the Commies or living in Hollywood but as soon as he was groomed for higher office he turned his back on them and certainly would have never supported funding the CDC research into the matter. Thankfully the French didnt give out public health funds based on sexual orientation...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Thing is, though--even if they had emailing capability back when he was on the throne and he had been competent to use it, there is no way he would have abused it like HRC did. There's the big difference.
              Well duh. Thankfully we avoided that catastrophe. (WI, MI and PA can burn in hell)
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And they say death panels don't exist... https://www.infowars.com/infant-sent...-rights-court/

Comment

Remember When Republicans Took Pride in Supporting the Troops

I am sure Lesser Huckabee will call it fake news and Flagbot will eat it up when Infowars runs with it.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Even the hardcore Republicans at my work are worried about DontCare. I've heard a couple break their Fox programming and question whether McConnell and Ryan have their interests at heart.

Not Dump, though. They are still 100% behind him.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Remember When Republicans Took Pride in Supporting the Troops

I am sure Lesser Huckabee will call it fake news and Flagbot will eat it up when Infowars runs with it.
                      Trump only likes winners, so only those troops who came out of the service without injury - bodily or mental - are the ones that he, and now the rest of the GOP, care to address.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Trump only likes winners, so only those troops who came out of the service without injury - bodily or mental - are the ones that he, and now the rest of the GOP, care to address.
                        Oh yeah...totally forgot. Troops who choose to live too far away from failing VA and need help are pathetic whiners! SAD!
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Even the hardcore Republicans at my work are worried about DontCare. I've heard a couple break their Fox programming and question whether McConnell and Ryan have their interests at heart.

Not Dump, though. They are still 100% behind him.
                          That means they're not establishment GOP, and perhaps you should break the left wing conditioning done on your now simpleton mind and actually treat them as such. Trump's a constitutionalist, nationalist, and populist; that's what he ran on. Ryan and McConnell are still establishment shills that are trying to use the coincidence of "R" to push their anti-America agenda. You look at the amendments to the PPACA they're pushing, the only thing different about it from the original PPACA is that it has an R next to the name of the signatory. PPACA was designed to fail in order to push the country to becoming slaves to bureaucracy in terms of their health. Your co-workers seem to be waking up to the MSM lie, and I will continue to provide every single opportunity for others to do so, even if you have poignant disagreements.

Comment

Well duh. Thankfully we avoided that catastrophe. (WI, MI and PA can burn in hell)
                            Careful. Wisconsin is the only thing between Illinois and Rosemalsota.

Comment

Must. Not. Respond. To the bot.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Must. Not. Respond. To the bot.
                                Handyman?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X