Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    They all assume that nobody will change their behavior in the slightest in response to changing incentives.
    You say this a lot. I've never seen proof that they don't try to take it into account. Frankly, in my senior project for a bachelor's in economics, we tried to take everything into account that we could. I would hazard a guess the PhDs working for the CBO know a thing or two about modelling.

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Fox News had a debate. Repub and Dem Senator. The Repub Senator and the pundits believe health care is more sustainable under the emergency room model than Medicaid. It's an interesting argument. Basically they're throwing out right now that Health Care was in great shape prior to Obamacare.

It might work. People don't learn anything in this country from history and have the memories of insects.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Slavitt is hearing the house is staying in D.C. All week to try and push the bill through after senate.
        This could be law in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Slavitt is hearing the house is staying in D.C. All week to try and push the bill through after senate.
          This could be law in a week.
          July 4th was their self imposed deadline...zero percent chance a GOP senator makes the choice to be the vote that stops it from becoming law.

This will be great...all those businesses that cant afford full time workers will be dumping tons into hiring new full time workers right?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            July 4th was their self imposed deadline...zero percent chance a GOP senator makes the choice to be the vote that stops it from becoming law.

This will be great...all those businesses that cant afford full time workers will be dumping tons into hiring new full time workers right?
            Nope. We need deeper tax cuts first.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I was speaking with a doctor the other day. His impression is that the bill does absolutely nothing to correct any problems in healthcare and in fact makes things worse. He is convinced that the only thing the Republicans are trying to do is 1) give tax breaks to the wealthy and 2) be able to say "see we did something".

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                I was speaking with a doctor the other day. His impression is that the bill does absolutely nothing to correct any problems in healthcare and in fact makes things worse. He is convinced that the only thing the Republicans are trying to do is 1) give tax breaks to the wealthy and 2) be able to say to the rubes, "see we repealed that nasty Obamacare".
                Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  I was speaking with a doctor the other day. His impression is that the bill does absolutely nothing to correct any problems in healthcare and in fact makes things worse. He is convinced that the only thing the Republicans are trying to do is 1) give tax breaks to the wealthy and 2) be able to say "see we did something".
                  That appears to be the consensus across the board. Interesting bill for Mitch and Ryan. There's nothing conservative about it. It's just a big tax break. It even fails on repeal cause it's just a partial repeal.

It does accomplish their only reason for being though. More money for the 1% and the excuse that every tax break is going to do that because the 1% pay all the taxes. It's a beautiful scheme if you can get it.

Comment

I just want to see which Senator pulls an Upton and writes some band-aid to get to 50 votes and what they get for it.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Nope. We need deeper tax cuts first.
                      Oh yeah...I forgot it was a two pronged fight!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        I just want to see which Senator pulls an Upton and writes some band-aid to get to 50 votes and what they get for it.
                        I think it's multiple. They'll all pretend to be holding out for something, make a few amendments, then go home a "hero."

Comment

I read an article about how the GOP Senators from Maryland and West Virginia wanted $45 billion to fight the opiod crisis...and the bill gave them $2 billion. Normally I would think that would be the sticking point but zero percent chance they hold up the bill on account of that when the vote is called.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            pulls an Upton
                            I'll be in my bunk.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I read an article about how the GOP Senators from Maryland and West Virginia wanted $45 billion to fight the opiod crisis...and the bill gave them $2 billion. Normally I would think that would be the sticking point but zero percent chance they hold up the bill on account of that when the vote is called.
                              Although it is an excuse. The thing is, the leadership and Trump need something they can call a win, but the rank and file have to worry about getting sh-tcanned by their voters when they all lose their health insurance. What better reason to "after much agonizing thought I must regretfully..." buck the party than because you "can not stand idly by while our great, great American people are denied life-saving" payola?

I assume this sort of scenario is replicated across the entire GOP caucus and it only takes four "country over party" (in reality, "self over everything") gestures to stop El Stinko Care in its tracks.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 06-26-2017, 09:06 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Although it is an excuse. The thing is, the leadership and Trump need something they can call a win, but the rank and file have to worry about getting sh-tcanned by their voters when they all lose their health insurance. What better reason to "after much agonizing thought I must regretfully..." buck the party than because you "can not stand idly by while our great, great American people are denied life-saving" payola?

I assume this sort of scenario is replicated across the entire GOP caucus and it only takes four "country over party" (in reality, "self over everything") gestures to stop El Stinko Care in its tracks.
                                Most Trumpsters don't think they're going to lose their healthcare under this plan. Even if they do it's fine, because they're sticking it to "the lazy freeloaders who don't work", and the AHCA will allow them to buy a better plan directly from the insurance companies. That is what they believe.

So, the Congresscritters in this predicament are likely more damned if they don't vote for this turd, than if they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X